^^^^clean&tidy-tuesday^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

No big plans today. Probably should go over to the school to make sure the girls are registered (not quite sure how that works) since they start next Thursday.

Today is rest day. I feel kind of like a sloth. It's strange to not get up and do that crazy workout.

Kate, I think you would love Insanity - it would jive well with your love for Imax2!

Today is a dreary, rainy day and to be honest, I've kind of been longing for one. It's actually just been too hot (w/o AC) and I needed a break. Overall, the summer has been phenomenal though!

I'm still kind of researching my master's program... trying to get an appt with an advisor today. I hate being so off in the time zone thing. There is an online program where I can actually get a 2nd bachelor's degree which I assume will help my admissions process. I just have to make sure all the classes will transfer over well.

Anyway, happy Tuesday all! Keep it clean and tidy!

Angie, I am so excited for you and your potential new career! What does Ryan think?

So I posted on FB, but here is the scoop on the appt with McDreamy
-I DO NOT have a stress fracture, HOORAY
-what he could see of my low back on the MRI was fine
-he is still unsure of what exactly is causing my pain, which is now more in my low back and down my right leg than in the hip/groin area
-he gave me some exercises/stretches to do for piriformis syndrome and sciatica
-gave me a Rx for anti-inflammatories
-referred me to a PT/Sports Performance guy

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 7 am with the physical therapist and he is supposed to watch me run and evaluate my running gait and pronation, etc. If there is no relief there, then we will do another MRI on my back to look for a pinched nerve or something.

But the good news is that I can train - as long as the pain does not get worse.

SOOOOOO, I am out the door for a run! Wish me luck!

Good Morning !!!

Angie, enjoy your rest day !!! It sounds like you need it after the tough workouts all week . I hope you can get your appt. and get the ball rolling on your classes !! Good luck . :)

Katie, have a great run ! I hope the guy you will be going to next can figure it all out and get you on the road to COMPLETE recovery !!!!

Today is Plyo legs and it's not my fav. so I MIGHT sub........haven't decided yet .
Yesterday was a tough STS (chest, shoulders, bi) and I am pretty sore this morning.
Then we walked an hour on the bike path by the river last night.
I blew it all with a bag of dark chocolate m&m's last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been craving brownies and muffins and chocolate for the past few days and caved last night !!!!!!!!:(
But I do have to say..........they were SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!:p:eek:

I took Tylenol pm and slept close to 6 hours last night !!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH MUCH BETTER !!!
I might have some energy today !!!

Time to figure out my workout........will bbl to post what I did.

Becky

Morning again!

Becky, I love plyo legs. I challenge you to give it another try and see what happens.

My run was GLORIOUS and I feel like a new woman. But the day is already starting to get crazy busy - GTG - will check in when I can. Sorry I suck at personals lately!

Becky, I have a bag of those too that I'm refusing to open because I KNOW I'll do the same thing!:mad: I had to make cookies last night for a thing we're going to today and I ate some dough and am consequently mad at myself for it. Why can't we learn?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad:
Have a great time Plyoing! And that wlka sounds wonderful!

Katie, GREAT NEWS....I think! I hope they can figure out what's going on! Hope you're enjoying your run!

Angie, I can't imagine crazy-hot days w/o AC! Mike would surely melt! It gets 70* and he's begging for it!:confused:
Enjoy your rest day! You've earned it!
Hope you can connect w/ someone on your schooling.

-
I am making 4 dozen cupcakes today. SEND ME VIBES, GIRLS!!! NO FROSTING LICKS! We're going to a good friend's surprise party tonight. I'm not going to let the girls eat any til we get there so I won't be able to either. AND I don't want to eat any at the party!

WO is Power Hour. I may just do the UB bec my LB is soooo sore from the WO's I've done the past couple days. I hope I can get it done during hte day today as I think we'll be home a little on the late side for a nighttime WO.

2 DDs are waking up, better run.....

Morning!

Well it's now been two days and no workout:( I can't wait til school starts when I'll have way more free time. I get anxious and crabby when I don't do anything. Today is definitely a run/walk and some abs. Not sure about weights-maybe stick to one part/day til I have more time? I'll figure it out. So much to do today too-going swimming at a friend's later this morning, have to finish arranging the girls clothes-got a new dresser that is way too small (non-returnable), order vacation pics, and have allergy shots. On a sad note, my parents had to put their 15 year old cat to sleep yesterday:( They are a mess-didn't even want to see the girls. I feel so bad.

Angie, yay to a rest day and ab definition! You're making me want to go back to school with all your enthusiasm:)

Katie, glad to hear things went well yesterday. Hope they can find the source of your pain. Enjoy your run!

Becky, I hear ya on the chocolate. We had an 8 pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that I was dying to have last night. Luckily I managed to kill the craving with a kashi dark chocolate granola bar-not quite the same. Glad you got some sleep. My mom is an insomniac and it wreaks havoc on her in so many ways. Have a great workout-whatever you do:)

Kate, no frosting!! You are Ms. Willpower! Hope you can squeeze your workout in between all those cupcakes;) I hate the a/c-even when it's hot. I end up turning it on an hour before Darrin gets home;)

Okay , Katie, I took your challenge and actually enjoyed Plyo Legs 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kind of in shock !!!! Still had moments of nausea.....but I got through it and even added on Coreblast - standing, floor and SB abs !!! Yay me ! :p Thanks for the challenge !

Kate, Oh man, if I had to make cupcakes today, I'd be in trouble !!!!
Most times I can pass up what I bake but not right before TTOM !!
I have a recipe for spice cupcakes with mocha frosting that I am dying to try but I can't make it now , or I'll eat them all myself !!!

Klaudia, I just saw that they have DARK CHOCOLATE Reese cups now !
Oh nooooooooo........ I better stay out of the store. I think those would be AWESOME!!! I'm so sorry about your parents cat.:( That is so hard to go through. I hope they start feeling better soon.

Better go shower and get something to eat.
Have a good one !

Becky

ha ha klaudia - i used to do the same thing for dh. in winter i'd turn the heat up just before he got home. good luck with the wo today. i hear ya on needing more time - grrrr. wtg resisting the reses. can you send me the link on your swimsuit? i need another one, and i remember liking yours, but i cannot remember it exactly. thanks!

katie, great news from the doc. did you run outside this am? hope your day is great!!

kate, wtg with the will power. you will do great today.

angie, enjoy a little break in your program. good luck with the masters stuff.

becky, wtg on sleeping. 6 hrs sounds heavenly right now.

so, my interview yesterday seemed really promising. the only potential problem is that they are ideally looking for someone mondays and every other saturday. saturdays are bad for me b/c of child care - dh is not around much usually. but, it was a nice group, really friendly, and they want someone parttime. it is a bit of a commute, but you cannot have it all. my eating yestedray got even worse - had a bigggg cookie at the grocery store. urgggg. i felt like i had a sugar hangover this am, but i kicked it aside with an 11 mile sweaty run. i need to do c and t later b/c i won't have time tomorrow. gotta figure out a new weight rotation:confused:

my goals today - 1. cals in check
2. no processed food
3. finish all my tasks.... and it is a long list!

klaudia, a 15 yo cat is impressive. it is s hard to lose a "family memeber." i hope your parents can find comfort knowing their cat is not in a pain. hugs to you all

:D:D:D Back to Schoooool:D:D:D. It's so quiet here...nice

Angie no a/c wow. I would die here in the south w/o a/c. It's been in the 90s all summer. Good luck with your advisor.

Katie that's great news. The PT will help a lot. I had sciatica when I was preggo.

Becky dark chocolate m&m's that sounds so good. I miss STS so much. Great w/o today.

Kate sometimes we have to cave in. Power Hour good idea.

Klaudia many of the dressers they sell today is too small. Sorry about your parents cat...that's always sad.

I have so much spare time I'm not sure what w/o to do.

Nina that 11 mile run took care of that big cookie. It's hard finding a good job. Can you get a baby sitter for Sat? They only need you for 2 days?

This kitten is a pain. She won't let me do anything...I can't mop, sweep without her "helping" me. She attacks the mop or broom.

Did you all hear about the Alli diet pill...it may cause liver problems.

ph ub done!!! i pushed hard & had fun!
abs & lb later....

round 1 of cupcakes done & i didnt eat any!!! this is huge girls!

kl, get that wo in, even if its w/ dds!
sorry abt kitty...sad.
bummer on the dresser!

becky, sign me up for dk choc & pb!!!
yay for a great wo!!!

nina, picture yourself mtg your goals & how good youll feel at the end of the day! we can do it!!!
good luck w/ job decision!

robin, lol @ your cat! our suzy is strictly outside!!!
enjoy your freedom !!!!!! wahoo!!!!!

I am going crazy here!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My kids have just been under each other's skin and mine all day long and I'm about to scream. It doesn't help that I'm just in an annoyed mood. Thankfully I haven't stress eaten...

I've been waiting for 2 phone calls all day and neither has come so that's annoying too.

Kate, willpowermax with those cupcakes! You can do it!

Robin, yay for free time and WTG with LIC!

Klaudia, that is so sad about your parents' cat. It was so hard for me to give away our cats but I think it would have been significantly harder to have to put one down. ((HUGS)) to them!

Nina, good luck with your eating today. We all have off days. I hope you can work something out with the job too.

Becky, WTG with plyo legs! You did awesome!

Katie, so glad you had a good run - you sound so positive.

UGH, Anna is throwing the biggest fit right now, slamming doors, etc. All because I told her she couldn't wash the windows. Seriously?

Angie scream on!!:eek:
Slamming doors. My DD tried that and I told her the next time she slams the door I will take it off.

Morning ladies,

Looks like everyone is having a busy morning so far!!

Angie, seems like you need a rest day after the insanity! You are not a sloth!!!

Katie, maybe the performance guy will be just as hot as the doc :) I'm so glad its not a stree facture. I had one in my foot once, and was in a cast for 12 weeks, it sucked

Becky, sometimes we need a bit of a carb fest you know...it happens

Kate, i've never done powerhour, is it a good one?

Klaudia, so sad about the cat. People always say, well, she lived a long life etc, but its still even sadder to me really, because you are that much more attached you know?

Robin, yeah for back to school!!! you can work out for hours now!!

Nina, you will get back to normal soon, i hate when i get thrown off myself, so i can relate.

Hi to everyone else...

I got up at 4 and did P90x shoulders and arms, its week 3, i like it. After work i'll do some lower body stuff.
I need to take a rest week or something as per the doc, i guess the stress of the last year, and my ridiculous workouts have officially taken their tole on my body. I just can't fathom taking time off! It freaks me out. But i think that's the true sign you need a break, when you can't even consider it.
BBL
Steph

hey everyone. 2 hrs at pool this am - so fun! lunch done, vacumning and laundry done, now telephoning, shopping online and supposedly c and t.

angie, boy do i have days like that with the kids. i could however use a window washer:p

steph, what did the dr say?

robin, lol at the cat. my 80lb dog does the same.

kate, ygg with the will power! thaqt is great. also, great wos!

eats are great so far, so i just need to keep it up this afternoon. i got fresh shrimp for dinner with veggies. now i need a nao, but it is not going to happen. bbl

Hi Everyone!

So we have concluded that Chris does not have the flu just a bad cold. I feel a little run down too but so far no cold symptoms. I have decided that I am going to focus on catching up on my reading this week and just relax. Today's workout was Cardio Power & Resistance and GS Back. I am going to use GS for the next 2 weeks then onto Meso 2 of STS.

Nina, I am jealous of your pool time. Good luck with the job and I hope you get a nap.
Angie, too funny about Anna. Maybe you could give her something else to wash?
Kate, ^5 on the willpower. Keep it up!!
Steph, you deserve a rest week. You can still do some yoga and stretching.
Robin, enjoy your quiet time. I bet it is nice to have some peace after the summer break.
Klaudia, sorry about your parents cat. Hope you get your workout in.
Becky, glad you enjoyed Plyo legs. I love those workouts.
Katie, hope you can figure out what is wrong soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.