+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/THURSDAY+-+-+

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

This morning's WO was Cardio Kicks. Can't say I'm a big fan. I am not a big fan of most kickboxing workouts though - I'm bored until the tough gets going! :) I just need to use the intensity drills as add ons for other WOs or just combine all the intensity drills. :)

I have an evaluation for french lessons for the fall this morning and then I'm letting the girls go to a friend's house this afternoon instead of to "school." I'm debating putting them in next week but think I'm just going to keep them home instead. Maybe we'll take a trip to Disney one day or something. Let them have a "real" summer week.

Hi Amanda! Welcome to our group. I'm a SAHM of two daughters (3&4) and we live in northern France (dh works for Caterpillar).

Kate, where are you guys going for vaca again?

Lisa, so glad P is better! Hope you are haing a good night!

Patti, isn't it funny how a trip to the salon can increase that confidence? :)

Colleen - thoughts on Insanity?!?!?

OK, Il'l bbl... really focusing on squeaky eats today!

Morning Angie-- or is it afternoon there? How lucky for you! A trip to Barcelona. That's something we can only dream of. I'm not a fan of step workouts. I own two left feet--and yet I can run for miles-- funny huh? Maybe I just *think* I don't like them.

Morris: What a mom can do with 15mins. :) I had trouble with mapmyrun as well until I figured out a few things. Now it's my go to every a.m. I'm going to miss running outside once the snow comes-- wait did I say snow?? What am I thinking!!! How did the showing go and did you go with a different hair style? My SIL has a champagne taste and whenever they are home visiting , she always picks an expensive place. WE are smart now and offer to pay for ourselves and halves of my parents. This way everyone *pays* for their choices . Doesn't really stop her from ordering the most expensive items.

Jazcam: My MIL is much like Marie off of everyone loves Raymond. I tolerate a few things but she is my DH's mom. I just grin and bear it --sometimes :eek: What kind of job are you looking for? Were you able to buy all your bday gifts?

Patti: I *Heart* the gym series. Trust me I felt my abs yesterday after doing MM abs twice. Can we say *ouch*! That's great you are going to RT. Are you staying with some other girls? How did the hair turn out??

Klaudia: I agree on paying a price for consuming CABS too often. I have friends like that. Complain and yet indulge. Gonna quote a good friend of mine from here, Char. She use to say "You can exercise til the cows come home but if you don't eat clean you are still just a cow coming home" Says allot huh? I do like to have a CAB when with friends but if I don't want one-- I don't want one. MIL likes to focus on negatives and push people toward negatives--know what I mean? I think it makes her feel good when someone is OVERWEIGHT --no sense there. How long will your friend be visiting?

Colleen: Did your insanity arrive?? That kinda sounds funny huh?

Anne: How did the condo hunting go?

Amanda: Welcome to you. I'm a SAHM. One kid is on her own and I have two college age kids home right now. I'm in NY.

Kate: Where are you going on vacation?

Lisa: How cool on living in paradise.

Not sure what kind of run I have plan today. It's spitting rain-- SHOCKING!!! NOT!!!! :eek: I'm also working abs and chest/back. Yesterday I did a 5.85 mile run and worked tris. Thye are screaming at me this morning--- I so love that.

Ok need a refill. The heater guys are suppose to be coming sometime this a.m. DH told them just come on in-- the door will be unlock. I hate when he does that. He assumes because I'm HOME I'm like available 24/7 MEN!

I shall return when I figure out my run :)

Morning ladies!

I have a problem - my right hip hurts and I am limping this morning:( I may have mentioned before that occasionally when I run (mostly when I start to run - the first few seconds/minutes) I have some pain in my right hip joint - where my pelvis meets my leg bone I guess is the best way to describe it. For some reason, it is really bothering me after my run yesterday. I laid down yesterday afternoon and put ice on it for awhile, and it seemed fine, just a dull ache. This morning it hurts to put pressure on it and I am "limping" or walking funny:( I feel like crying - I love running and don't want to stop and I am training for a half for crying out loud. I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet about what could be causing this - muscle imbalances, poor form, one leg longer than the other, etc.

I'm not sure what to do next - see a chiro or sports medicine doctor? Even after laying off of running for awhile the pain came back. I hope this is not going to be a permanent problem.

I am just depressed this morning - too down to workout.....

The good news is that both dr visits went well yesterday!

I will be back with personals after throwing myself another pity party or two!

oh katie, big big hugs! i have been there. can i ask what the doc visits weere yesterday? how much time did you take off running, and did it feel totally better before you started back up? lastly,and sorry for all the questions, but does the pain go away quickly or stay thru the run? you may just need to scale it back to 50% of what you are doing for each run for 2 -4 weeks and be fine. maybe too much distanmce too soon? i have been there, trust me, and it is depressing. you have my support.

angie, i would want my kids home too. squeaky vibes coming your way!

kath, i love running best but like step too. and kbing. and swimming. hmmm - cannot fit it all in!

welcome amanda!

patti, i love high lights. my gray won't sow b/c i am blonde, but highlights are still a pain t maintain. great job with the eats.

anne, what did you do to your hair?

robin, what did you decide to order?

kate, wtg on the wo.

lisa, so cute about p! aidan is our "mischief maker" for sure. i did not need to baby proof with finn. aidan is another story.

my butt is so sore from standing ba ndg yesterday. i managed my 5mile speed interval run and cardio drills from bm2. i need to do ub later - something not too tough with pulls and chins mixed in. i had a very clean day yesterday, so i will keep it that way today. dh and i have a date after our 4:30 showing today (yes, another one). we have a gift cert to use before we move, so it will be free thankfully. i will keep it clean too. need more decaf. bbiab

oh katie, big big hugs! i have been there. can i ask what the doc visits weere yesterday? how much time did you take off running, and did it feel totally better before you started back up? lastly,and sorry for all the questions, but does the pain go away quickly or stay thru the run? you may just need to scale it back to 50% of what you are doing for each run for 2 -4 weeks and be fine. maybe too much distanmce too soon? i have been there, trust me, and it is depressing. you have my support.

Morris, thanks for your concern. In the past, the pain has only been present when I first start to run. I usually warm up by walking for four or five minutes, then increase my speed and start to jog, then run - and that is when I notice this pain - for the first 30 seconds to a minute, then it goes away. Yesterday it did exactly what I described, but AFTER my run the pain/dull ache came back and is still present. This is the first time I have experienced this discomfort AFTER a run, as opposed to during. I recently went about a week without running, and my first run after that was the normal pain-for-the-first-30-seconds thing that I described above. I can't pinpoint what I could have done yesterday morning to aggravate things to this point. I know this is extreme, but all I can think of is Brenda collapsing during her triathalon because of a stress fracture that turned into a complete broken hip....:( My appointments yesterday were with my midwife (annual exam) and dermatologist (skin scan for sun damage, etc).

Oh, Katie! I know how discouraging injuries can be. Don't get too worried, it's probably nothing but I would take it easy for a few days and see what happens. Of course Nina can probably offer more advice in regards to running injuries than I can! Glad your visits went well.

Morning Nina! Have fun on your date... geez your house shows so much! I would be going crazy. I suppose it's an excuse to keep it clean though! Eats have been good - thanks for the vibes! :)

Morning clean peeps. I got a call and they want me to come in on Monday for job training...does that mean I got the job?? BTW I went on a interview for a part time job at JC Penny's...15% discount :D

Amanda you are so welcome to this group with pets names like Chewbacca, Beast, Panzer, Peaches:D LOL. So sorry about you back..how is it today. Well this is a good time for you to work on your clean eats.
My name is Robin and I have two teens who eat all day long. So I'm always in the supermarket. I have one dog Pepe and two cats Muffin and Star...Star is the bird killer. I moved from NYC to NC last year.

Sorry I sound loopy today. I did not sleep much.

Angie good luck with your French today. Good idea let the girls have a week off from school. Barcelona:eek: WOW

Kath-I love the show everyone loves raymond I think the inlaws are the funniest. I hope you can get out and run. You can call me Robin

(((Katie))) oh no.:( sorry about your hip. I think you need to see a doctor asap. It may be nothing but inflammation.

Nina enjoy your free date and I hope this showing is the one to buy. What's wrong with people do they want the house for free???

-------------------
I have CLX push circuit 2 on taps today but I'm still a little sore from kbells w/o so maybe I'll do cardio.

bbl menu

Last edited:
Now i remember why I couldn't sleep last night. My neighbor told me to be careful with my little dog (toy poodle) because there were 3 Hawks nesting in his tree...looking at my dog! I'm a city girl and I never seen a Hawk before :eek:. Scarred the mess out of me.

Menu
b-spinach frittata and orange
l-shrimp salad and fruit
s-crackers and turkey
d-chicken something

I read a good article on clean eating in Oxygen mag ; about how to divide your calories up per day. BBL with that info.

Morning!

I managed to get S&H Legs done in between cleaning and being a cyberchondriac yesterday-spent half my day reading about lung cancer:( My mom is insisting I see a therapist immediately-she's right because the episodes are becoming more and more frequent. I'm making an appointment this morning. Sigh. I HATE being like this. It is so debilitating. Anyway, on a positive note, my friend will be here this afternoon for the whole weekend! I can't wait! I hope the weather holds up-we're going to the zoo on Saturday:) Today's workout is S&H Shoulders, abs, and a run/walk-try, try, again, right?

Angie, I haven't done CK in ages! Maybe you can alternate the girls free week/summer camp? I think next year I'm putting the girls in some day camps for a few weeks:) They fight way too much when they're together ALL day!

Kath, I like basic step workouts-nothing too highly choregraphed lik the step from 4DS-I've never done them! Yeah, Char has the right idea with that qoute-I laugh every time I read it:) Great workouts!

Katie, sorry for the hip pain. I'm a fan of not waiting-go see the doctor before it gets worse, like you said. You're not having a pity party! A pity party is "Wah! I'm so fat!" said as you down a pint of Ben and Jerry's! You're concerned for your health and that's a good thing.

Nina, you did a run, the drills, and b&g all in one day?! Holy crap!! Have fun on your date!

Welcome Amanda! I'm a 36 year old sahm to 3 girls, 9 1/2, 6 1/2, and 2 1/2. We live in Michigan, about a 1/2 hour from Detroit.

Patti, I've been wanting a makeover so bad-I feel like I'm stuck in a beauty rut! Don't want to turn into one of those women who wear their hair/makeup like they did in high school cause those were their glory days, you know? Funny how a little thing like hair color can make you feel so much better:)

Hi Anne, Robin, Lisa, and Colleen!

Gotta get ready for my company!

Klaudia sorry about your cyberchondriac-max. I'm glad you are going to see your therapist and getting out of the house may help you feel better.

Oxygen Mag. (Aug 2009) Crank Up Your Metabolism
This is how you should divvy up calories
--------------------
1 Breakfast 450 cal
2 Mid morning snack 200cal
3 lunch 425 cal
4 preworkout snack 250
5 post workout snack 250
6 dinner 425
7 bedtime snack 100

The reason why I found this to be interesting is because I can never eat 450 cal for breakfast.:confused: and then another 200 cals?? That a total of 650 cal in the morning.:rolleyes:

angie, good job w/ ck! i'll be doing a lot of kb @ vaca this wk. new amyb stuff to learn
good luck w/ the french!

Kath, yay for doms! Great running!

Katie, IM SO SORRY about the aches! Mike is having a woerd leg pain. I know his is that he's started out running too much. You know I highly recommend chiros for just about anything.:) Hope you get some relief. There's a running store around here that checks your form, etc. We need to go but the clinic is right during J's bedtime. sigh...just like everyting!

nina, great wo's! good luck w/ showing
haave fun date

j is so wiggly!!!! hard o type!:confused::confused::confused:

vaca is traverse city. bbl!:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

morning

wow busy morning . my back feels slightly better and i'm thinking of doing some yoga but im not sure i should risk it. ive been out of commission now for almost a week and its killing me . i miss my sts ;) thank you all for welcoming me so nice. my dh is going diving in san diego until sunday so i have a lot of me time . wondering what i'll do other than keep the puppies out of stuff.

Robin, Interesting on the cal breakdown..... food for thought! Literally!

Klaudia, Sory for the hypo woes. Hope the appt will help.
Zoo - fun stuff!

gotta run - vacaprepmax!!!

wow busy morning . my back feels slightly better and i'm thinking of doing some yoga but im not sure i should risk it. ive been out of commission now for almost a week and its killing me . i miss my sts ;) thank you all for welcoming me so nice. my dh is going diving in san diego until sunday so i have a lot of me time . wondering what i'll do other than keep the puppies out of stuff.

I hate missing Workouts!
Enjoy your alone time!

ok,,,gotta run!

Morning, everybody! Quick drive by, as today is busier than I thought it would be. I just got my hair trimmed last night, I think she took quite a bit off. Oh, well, it's just hair and it grows back, right?

I'll bb to catch up on personals.

anne

Rocking Julia....:D

Amanda, I can't keep uncean stuff around either - no portion control for me!:eek:

Anne, Good attitude about hte hair. Last year a lady cut WAY TOO MUCH off DDs hair - I was about in tears - but Mike reminded me...."It's already longer than it was 5 minutes ago". I love that man! He keeps me sane!

-
Getting us packed and the house ready for us to be gone for a week and a half. Errands to do too. TOnight DDs have their ast swim class and I need to WO too. I think SS or PP - a shorty but goody TB WO. Last chance for weights til we get home!

Morning! I just finished Pure Strength Legs and abs. I forgot how many crunches are in that ab wo! I like the leg work though, especially the sit and stands. :eek: I was not in the mood to do it at all but am so glad I did.

Katie: I'm so sorry! I hate injuries- nothing worse. I totally think you should go see the doctor- then you'll know how best to get better. Please be nice to yourself today, OK?

Angie: I like CK from time to time, but it is more of a hi/lo workout, especially the first half of it.

Klaudia: I loooove that the kids go to camp 2 half days a week- breaks up the summer blues and they really play well together when they get home. I know what you mean about not wanting to look dated- my BF and I used to know a woman at work that looked like her high school days- totally 80s. So we always ask each other- is this too Laura?

Robin: LOL at your teenagers that eat all day. And yes, that means you got the job, I think! Congratulations! I think you should celebrate with some new workout DVDs...

Kath: That's too bad that your MIL is that much of a downer- my DH's grandmother is in her late 80s and a piece of work. But she has over 25 great grandchildren so she isn't in our hair too much.

Morris: WTG on good eats! We have both been having a great week- no stress eating for us! Yayayayay! Have fun tonight and hopefully this showing will be IT. You must be so over keeping the house clean. I'm blond too but darker than I used to be- hence the highlights. :)

Kate: Oh vacation! Envy here, but so happy for you. KB is a good idea for vacation workouts. Maggie's hair has only been barely trimmed ONCE and I did it. I think I took off less than 1/4 of an inch. :rolleyes: I honestly need to do it again, it's to her butt. But she has good hair. :)

Amanda: I have a hard time resisting junk food too, so I mostly keep it out of house.

I had DH take a head shot of me or the RT book- I'll post it later here, maybe. I'm paranoid about wrinkles now. :mad:

robin, that is interesting about the cals. i have no problem eating that many cals in the am, it is the pm i just cannot eat. funny how different we all are! a hawk and a little dog is scary. nice job wiht the doms. and the job!!

klaud, what are your attacks like? you may have posted it but i missed it? call a dr - you will feel better for it. and good job with the wo yesterday. and no b and g today, that was yesterday after my long run. no more lower body today after that cardio session thank you!:p

katie, definately no pity party. you can go to a doc right away, but they will probabl tell you to rest more. i know that is not what you want to hear. and that story about brenda was really scary for sure. do you like your primary care dr?

kate, yea for vacation. who is going?

amanda, i am glad your back feels bertter. be careful.

hi anne - my hair is a little short too after my cut, but oh well:D

hi patti - what are wrinkles? ha ha. i hate mine. glad you got your wo in.

family drama seems to be ramping up now - not sure why. i am taking a step back - please remind me of that later. nice walk with the boys, playdate in a few minutes, then home to clean. i am so sick of ths.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.