<------- clean it up monday ------->

So I had some pretty bizarre things happen to me yesterday and I just have to tell someone!

Collin had gone with his dad for the day, so Chris and I decided to drive to a town about an hour away to do some shopping and eat lunch (we LOVE Olive Garden but don't have one here, and I have $75 in gift cards to there that we can never spend because we are never there!). So we went to Olive Garden, and our food arrives, Chris and I are talking and eating, and all of a sudden the freaking fire alarm goes off. Everyone is the restaurant is just stunned and no one moves until they start yelling at us to get out. We all pile out of there, and here come the fire trucks. Chris ate most of his lunch, I ate about half, and our server found us in the parking lot to tell us our meal had been taken care of. So we *sort of* ate at Olive Garden and didn't even get to spend any of the $75 in gift cards!

So then we went shopping and I had awesome luck! Chris took me to one of these stores that sells name brands at seriously reduced prices (like Ross, TJ Maxx, Rugged Warehouse) called Gabriel Bros. I got 3 Ann Taylor Loft skirts for $7.99 and one really cute ATL silk top on clearance for $3!

I was still hungry after eating only 1/2 of my lunch, so we went to TGIFridays (another restaurant we don't have in my town) and Chris and I split an appetizer. About 5 minutes after leaving the restaurant, I got a horrible upset stomach and you can just sort of assume what happens next...

So Chris and I had a really good day overall, but it was just not in the cards for me to have a cheat meal, haha! I am such a bargain shopper, so when I find great stuff like that on sale, I am soooo happy!

Half Marathon Training starts today!! Mondays are "Strengthen & Stretch" so I will be doing chest & back, and then a SM segment tonight.

BBL!

lol katie! my bro & his dw had that happen to them a few yrs back. but they had already paid!:eek:
score on the clothes!
good luck w/ running! when do you see dr again?

-
not sure what to do w/ myse;f w/ my big girls gone! i suppose clean this pigsty!:p
will do cardio during js nap.

bbl....

Driveby ...............................

I did S&H chest/back/planks this morning, now gotta shower quick. Have to go get the 1st part of my crown work done........appt. at 8 so I really gotta MOVE !!!

bbl ! BTW......is anyone here on FB ??

Becky

Becky, I'm on FB - search for Katie E Welborn. Good look with the dental appointment!

Kate, enjoy the quiet time! I am going to try to e-mail you when I get to work - I've got an important question and you are just the woman to ask!

Collin is having "Pajama Day" at school - he is so excited!

Off to work wearing some fabulous new clothes - bbl!

good morning!

katie, enjoy your new clothes! i love shopping when i find something good and it does not take too long:rolleyes:

kate, where are your big girls today?

steph, good luck at the dentist.

well, i got up this morning and.... did NOTHING! i hate it when that happens. i suppose i need it, but i will feel like garbage all day. anyways, our alarm system went off at 2am, for no reason i guess, but i got spooked and had trouble sleeping the rest of the night. this is our last official day off. tonight i go to school to meet the teachers , tomorrow finn and aidan meet their teachers, then finn's 1st day is wednesday, both boys on thursday. also have a possible job opportunity at a shelter here. hope something pans out. bbl

Nina, good luck with the job opportunity! Is the boys' school close to your house?

Katie, score! Don't you love it when you find great bargains? Sorry about the food issues, though.

Kate, maybe you can relax today? It's hot and rainy out, so why not?

Klaudia, I think we just got the rain you had yesterday. Is it sunnier today?

Becky, I hope the dentist isn't too painful.

Hi to Robin, Colleen, Lisa, and Angie! Who did I miss?

This morning I'm going to the credit union to sign the papers to refinance the house in Jim's name only. Yippee. I know, you're all jealous. I had a nice weekend, though, my parents and I went out to lunch and then we took a drive along the St. Clair River. For those that don't know, it's one of the most beautiful rivers in the world (seriously!). It's this amazing deep blue color because the current is so fast and it's a narrow passway from Lake Huron (second largest Great Lake) to Lake St. Clair and on down to Lake Erie. Anyway, it was a hot, sunny day so we saw lots of people out playing on the river and we stopped for ice cream. It was a nice outing and something my parents don't think to do for themselves.

Okay, gotta get to it. bbiab

anne

becky, wtg on the wo! boooo to the dentist!:p

katie, i'll watch my inbox!
my dds loved pj day too:D so did i!

nina, sounds like you eeded that rest!
good luck w/ schoolmax this week!

anne, no relaxing today! must! clean! house!:p its a mess fromthe flooring upheaval!
and i am green w/ envy abt your papers!:p
your time w/ your parents sounds lovely!

Good morning everyone,

I was so crazy this weekend, i didn't even get a chance to turn the computer on! I'm so sorry.

Katie, sounds like your weekend was fantastic! I need another trip to Target...I love Olive Garden, there aren't any in Canada either.

Kate, enjoy the day, maybe rest a bit..yeah right.

Becky, i'm on FB as well...some pic's of me though, yikes

Morris..is that Patti? I'm sorry, i'm just learning everyone's name..

Anne, The river sounds just lovely. I live in the city, but near a ravine, and just having water nearby is so peaceful.

Hi to everyone on this Monday.

I was out for brunch Saturday, and hearding baby ducks yesterday, don't ask!

Today, back to work, busy!!

w/o, likely a spin, a core circuit and ab work.

BBL
Steph

Katie wow you have a great adventure for sure. They just built an olive garden out here. You mean the only thing I have to do is pull the fire alarm and I can get my meal for free.;) Good luck with your new training. Good bargain huntin to. Hmm important question to ask Kate hmmmm;)

It's hard to type with a kitten on my lap...trying to nurse :rolleyes:

Becky good luck

Nina I hope you get the job.

Anne the river sound fab...did u take some pic and post it on FB?

Today's w/o...not sure I think I'll do kbells for the next 2 weeks.
I ate super clean this weekend.

Last edited:
Steph, the baby ducks sounds so cute! We love to go feed them at the river downtown.:D
Hope your crazy weekend was a good one!

Robin, Now you know how Lisa, Nina, and I feel! Trying to type while nursng! HA!!!
Mike was looking at the kettlebells at Dick's last night. I'm still interested but not enought to buy yet. Plua, Mike would hurt me if I got a new $$$$ hobby!:p

-
Got my WO done!! CTX AllStep and then HiLo and Step from 101010.
Julia's wakin' up.....cya!

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I was MIA this weekend but I had some good quality time with my family then yesterday I had to do all my weekend chores in 8 hours. My niece is 18 months and she is talking. It took her a while to figure out that I was Colleen (they practiced with her using pictures) but once she figured it out she was cute. I think she was a little confused because one of her teachers at daycare is named Colleen too.

Kate, great workout - have fun cleaning. That's my plan next week when I am off.
Katie, sorry about your Olive garden experience. I guess you will need to find another excuse to go back.
Robin, did you get a new kitten. I need to go back and catch up from the weekend.
Steph, only you would have an adventure herding baby ducks. Sounds like fun.
Nina, good luck with job interview! Don't worry about taking a break - you need it.
Becky, I am on FB too. Once you find Katie, you will find most of us. Good luck with your dental work today.
Anne, sounds like a nice weekend with your parents. Maybe I will go hang out on the Potomac here is DC if the weather is nice next week.

Workout was my Insanity fit test. I was surprised that I was able to improve. I also did CTX back.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes at the dentist.
I'm done. For now anyway. He said I might still need a root canal:(:(.

Katie, I found you on FB and LOVE your pictures !!!! You on the beach......(you are in GREAT shape!) makes me start counting the days until we head to Hilton Head next month !!!
OMG at your night !!!!:eek: I hope today is better !

It's HOT, HOT, HOT today !!!:cool::cool:

Have a good one !

Becky

Becky, thanks for the friending on FB and the compliment!

I'm at work - ended up running out early for lunch for an errand, trapped a salad. I'll check on you ladies after work!

c, glad you had a fun wkend! hurray for improvements!

b, root canal sounds painful! owwww!

k, yay salad!:p i had one too - w/ carrots & dried cherries....mmmmmm:D

-
clean eats here..... will share my yummy new bfast later....

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEK! I missed you guys and my routine so much. I feel like it's been forever! My cold has hung on and life has been so crazy that working out just has been pushed to the wayside which just sucks and I feel so out of sync!

Ryan's mom leaves tomorrow morning and then Ryan and I will either start Insanity tomorrow night or Wed morning. We'll see how the day goes tomorrow. He has to leave super early for the airport.

Katie, what a crazy day you had. I love good clothes deals! We ate at Friday's in London and I had fajitas that were all kinds of yum!

Kate, when do your girls go back to school? Hope you had a nice, quiet day. I loved J's new pics on fb.

Nina, I like to hear that you take a break every once and a while. It's good for you. How are you adjusting? I hope the job thing works out!

Anne, bummer way to start the day! Your river trip sounds fun though!

Becky and Stephanie, I'm on facebook: angie wagner mitchell - friend me. :) I love friends.

Robin, a new kitty???? Pictures please!!! I miss my kitties. :(

Colleen, you've done 2 weeks now? Or more? That's cool that you improved!

Hey Klaudia, Patti, Lisa how are you? Did I miss anyone? This group just keeps growing!

OK, I think I'm caught up. So good to be back...

Katie - What a day! I love finding great deals also! I love bargain shopping.

Kate - Yay for squeezing in that wo during J's nap. We've become the experts at nursing and typing I think, lol! Would you like to tidy up my pigsty? I can't stand looking at my room right now.

Angie - I know what you mean about being out of synch with your normal routine. Have fun with Insanity!

Nina - Good luck with the job hunting.

Robin - Too funny about your kitten trying to nurse!

Colleen - I should have spent 8hrs cleaning my house. My room needs it bad!

Anne - Yay for nice and relaxing weekends.

Becky - Yikes on the root canal!

Stephanie - Hope the week slows down for you. Busy weekends for me lately also.

Klaudia - Pomai's bday is Oct. 30 - day before Halloween, but since Halloween falls on Saturday then it worked out perfectly. That party sounded like fun!

Hi Patti!

I am so overwhelmed right now with things to do. Weekend eats were bad, bad, bad. Kick me off this check-in if you must! Back on track today. I got my PS series on Saturday so I did the backs, biceps, and abs that night. Planning on a cardio today. I have to write out bills, yuck. I don't understand why some people don't have online payment in this day and age. Anyway, it's only a very few like our life insurance that I have to pay by check, but what a pain once you get out of the loop of doing it normally.
Better get going!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.