/\/\/\clean-it-up-friday/\/\/\

Colleen I hope you knee checks out good and I think that you are making a very wise choice to stick with what you have. Many people have lost their jobs and have to take a pay cut when the start a new one.

Me and my old-timers disease I forgot to tell my new manager about the vaca. She asked me on the interview do I have anything planned for the next two months. And I said no:rolleyes:. Maybe I can postpone the vaca until October.

Kate keep us up dated on what you find in the outlets.

Last edited:
Morning, everybody!

Kate, I don't blame you about the dog, it's nice to have a break. Have fun up north!

Colleen, good luck at the doctor, I hope you get done quickly!

Robin, I agree--explain the vacation to your new employer and see what they say. Congrats on the job!

Patti, it's a good thing you did all that heavy lifting this morning, it'll prepare you for your trip to the grocery store, right? I have to copy the pumpkin enchilada recipe, it looks yummy.

Angie, your rotation looks fun! And your brunch sounds delish.

Katie, good luck with the x-ray, I hope they can figure out what's wrong.

Nina, yay about your date! Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Lisa, I'll be sure to take you the next time I go for Thai. We have a great place not far from my office. They serve Chinese and Vietnamese, too. Do you like Pho? We used to have a fantastic Korean BBQ in town, but it closed. I was so bummed about that, they had a spicy pork dish that I still crave. Every time I ordered it the waiter would say, "It's really spicy." And I'd say I know, it's okay, I like spicy. Then they'd say, "No, it's really, really spicy." I'd have to tell them like 3 times it really was what I wanted.

Hi Amanda and Klaudia!

I'm working at home today, but having lunch with a friend and then dinner with another friend. Should be fun! I'll bb.

anne

Morning!

Quick check in while the kids have breakfast-we have 7 here this morning! Did S&H Shoulders and LIC abs yesterday before my friend got here. Today, I'm going to try and squeeze in S&H Biceps and hoepfully we'll go for a long walk for my cardio. Not sure about today's plans-maybe the park? There's a festival tonight we might go to depending on the weather.

Angie, great rotation! I'm sure you look great but I now how those few vanity pounds can drive you crazy.

Katie, hope they figure out what's wrong with your hip. Have fun on your date!

Kate, safe travels! Enjoy your vacation:)

Nina, your date sounds awesome! Glad you had such a great time-you deserve it! And yay to the weights!

Patti, awesome workout so early! Good luck at the grocery store! I long for the fall when Nevena will be in school for a few hours so I can shop in peace:)

Robin, sorry about the vacation:( A weekend would still be nice-not as draining on the wallet:)

Colleen, good luck at the doc. And at Nordstrom's!

Hi Anne, Lisa, Kath, and Amanda-that's everyone, right?:)

Gotta go!

good morning

morning everyone getting a late start here . since i have some time off work ive been sleeping in. my back is feeling better so im thinking of doing sts meso 2 cst and maybe my new eion finn yoga . i have a lot of cleaing to do and some shopping to do . maybe watch some movies from netflix. so not much going on. i'll check in throughout the day

wow, i leave for the grocery store and come back to page 3!!!

robin,sortry about the vacation. will the kids be very disappointed? i hate asking new bosses for anything.

patti, good luck at the grocery store. i could not find a belt on the carts that worked:mad: and aidan kept standing - it had to be a quick trip!

hi amanda - so glad your back is better.

hi colleen. there is definately something about the familiarity of the same work place.

klaudia, have fun with your friend. i hope you get a walk in. what will n's school schedule be in the fall?

anne, did you run last night? vietnamese sounds really yummy now. no, wait, i am supposed to be full:p sighhh

angie, i bet you look fabulous right now. it will be hard to do stuff on vacation i guess. what do you normally do?

off to do abs and legs while aidan naps, then we have to go to the used kids store and work on dinner for tonight - i invited the neighbor's t say our last goodbye as they go outof town this weekend, and will be gone until after we move:( okay, no wallowing!

morning everyone getting a late start here . since i have some time off work ive been sleeping in. my back is feeling better so im thinking of doing sts meso 2 cst and maybe my new eion finn yoga . i have a lot of cleaing to do and some shopping to do . maybe watch some movies from netflix. so not much going on. i'll check in throughout the day

I'm glad your back is better and anything from M2 is a good workout.

I keep trying to read your avatar but I can't see it. It looks cute.

Good morning Chatty Clean girls :) :) :)

I'm in a fog this morning. We have decided that we will put the dog down on Monday a.m. Oldest DD is coming home this weekend and DH and DS have next week off. So it works :( He couldn't make it up any stairs--whether it was one step or a flight. DS tried to carry him up to the bedroom level of our home and he growled at him--- so out of character. He isn't eating much either. I called the vet and he said if his conditon worsen he will see him ASAP but for now it will be Monday a.m. Having said that:

I was able to get a run in this morning-- short but intense 3 miler. My heater guys came yesterday--joy joy :) They actually are very nice men and we stayed out of their way and they stayed out of mine. DH planned that perfectly --worked in the a.m. followed by golf. He didnt make it home til 11pm last night-- I think perhaps he had a few at the 19th hole :) He is golfing all day today as well.

Oh yesterdays workout was 4 miler, chest/back GS and a workout for the abs from AB hits. Forgive me but I forget which one right now. :confused:

I'll try to catch up on personals. For now I'll mention these:

Kate: Hip issues?? Oh no I had that when I increased my mileage. I purchased a foam roller. It worked wonderfully. Where did you stay in OB? DH and I have heard so much about the area -- we are tempted to try a small get away there.

Morris AKA Nina :) : What a wonderful date night. Lucky you.

I'm sorry that's all I caught for now. I promise to be back laters. Time to clean--- can we say nervous energy!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

almost ready to depart! nursemax then we're off!

robin, dare you ask for the time off??

anne, all your meals out sound fun! that ssaid, i packed 1/2 the kitchen for vaca cooking. what can i say, im a kitchen snob! i gotta have my good stuff!

nina, hugs! i remember when our bff's moved...tears - lots of em!

kl, glagd youre having fun w/ your comp!!!

amanda let me know how you like that yoga!

kath, hugs to you and your dog!!!!
great wo's!

Last edited:
Bye Kate! Have a safe trip. LOL at you the kitchen snob.

Klaudia: Way to get those wos in even with company. I still haven't done S&H. :eek:

Amanda: Do you do a lot of yoga? I'm envious of your Netflix / wo day- enjoy!

Colleen: I forgot to say congrats on the new job at the old place. :) I agree with what you're thinking- good plan. Plus, this shows how much they value you and you're likely to have good job security going forward.

Kath: I'm so sorry. I can still cry thinking about our dog that we put to sleep years ago. I know how they are dear friends. I saw you did GS chest and back- inspired me to break it up differently next time I do it.

Nina: Hey we both got the grocery in! I always tell the kids they MUST sit or they can't sit in the car cart next time- seems to work for now. :rolleyes: What leg wo did you do?

Anne: Sounds fun- glad you have plans with friends. Condos on the agenda this weekend or taking a break? More retail therapy? :D

Just ate leftover pumpkin enchilada casserole for lunch- even better the next day.

orphylea i used to yoga a lot but kind of got out of it. i like bryan kest, sean corn, baron baptiste i haven't tried my eion fin yet i will later. i love netflix its great

Hey girls... I'm so bad at checking in at the end of the day. Ryan gets home, dinner, bed, etc. Then I just run out of time. Just wanted to pop in and say good night. See you on the flip side!

'night angie!

kath, so sorry about your dog. it is so hard when they get older. i think you are making a kind decision for your dog - he cannot be happy if he cannot do all he used to. i am glad your kids will be home.

patti, i am making that caserole tomorrow. won't tell dh about the pumpkin, though. just a question - how much cheese did you use again?

have fun kate!

lawn is done, now i need to rest a bit. i avoided a major craving for junk with 2 mini hershey kisses. i am kind of high on my cals today, though. just the emotions i think. anyways, mowing helped, now need tea and a book for 20 minutes while aidan finishes his nap!

Morris: Just consider the higher cal day a zig zag on the calories! Your body will burn fat more efficiently now. :) I used 1/3 of a cup. I really couldn't taste the pumpkin, mostly tasted like refried beans but it is a bit orange colored. Tell him the enchilada sauce made it a bit more orange than you expected. :p Or cover it with shredded lettuce and tomato- hmm, I should have done that.

Good night Angie!

we're here! great wolf lodge til sunday then beach condo.
js flling asleep and the rest of the fams playing in the water. i get to sit in the rm - fun:rolleyes:.

nina, wtg avoiding junk! im alone in our rm w/ all kinds of vaca food. kept clean w/ triscuits.
enjy your tea time!:D

patti, did jeff like the ench?

amanda, we're not big movie watchers but i did join netfix for the wo's!:D

ang, enjoy your time w/ ryan!

Well, my lunch friend bailed on me just because her kid is sick. How lame is that? Just kidding! So I made tuna fish on toast since I'm going out to dinner. Now I'm starving, of course, so I probably won't make good choices, but oh well.

Kate, enjoy the vaca!

Nina, how was your rest?

Night-night, Angie!

Patti, I forgot about the refried beans in the casserole--there's the protein! No condo shopping this weekend, my realtor will be out of town. I'm going again Monday afternoon.

Amanda, I haven't tried Netflix yet because I get a lot of movies from my local library.

Kath, sorry I missed you earlier! Great work outs! I'm so sorry about your dog, but I'm glad your kids will be home to be with him.

Who'd I miss? I need to wrap up for the day and run a quick errand before dinner.

I'm going to my parents tomorrow and will most likely have a computer free day. Have a good weekend, everybody!

anne

got in 23 min of hilo ko before j woke up. better than nothing

anne, will jim go w/ you thiswkend?
sorry abt lunch - geez, the nerve of someone who cancels for sick kids!:p have fun onight

The Dr. said that my injury is probably stemming from inflamation of the sartorius muscle in the picture above. It is a smaller muscle, so he said that it makes sense that as I increased my mileage as I began training for the HM, my larger muscles grew stronger but this muscle lagged behind, causing the irritation and inflamation.

He gave me some Rx strength anti-inflamatories and I should back off a bit on my mileage a bit but can (and should) continue to run. No hills for several weeks. If I don't notice significant improvement in one week, he is referring me to a sports med. dr.

HOORAY for good news! Now off to my hot date with my husband - dinner, drinks, and a movie!

Attachments

• hip muscles.jpg
    hip muscles.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Katie: Yay for good news and that you can still run! You must be relieved- have fun tonight!

Kate: WTG on avoiding vacation treats mere feet away and doing hilo ko instead. :) He ate the enchiladas and did not complain! :D Did that mean he loved them? Eh, not sure I care. ;)

Anne: Some people! :p Have fun tonight and probably good to take a break from the condos this weekend anyway. Enjoy your visit with your parents. Do they know what is going on?

Kids are upstairs asleep (well Max is, Mags is doing something up there) and waiting for Jeff to come home. I'm irritated over something silly that happened this morning and I probably need to get over it.

Didn't go shopping this morning. I got out early enough but I felt a little guilty being late for work so I went out for lunch instead. Dr. says it is not completely healed and I need to use a topical anti-inflammatory since I did not do a full course of the advil he recommended. I need to do that for about 10 days, then if it is completely better I can try to run again. If it continues to bother me, then he can give me a cortisone shot but we don't think I need it now. My knee is definitely healing - just not as fast as I would like.

Patti, isn't it hard to let go the stupid things.
Katie, sorry about your hip but I am glad you can continue to run.
Nina, I hope you got your tea and a book. I really need to start a book. I have about 5 stacked up.
Kate, wtg on resisting the vacation treats. Sorry you couldn't finish your workout.
Anne, sorry about your friend's kids. Enjoy your visit with your parents.
Klaudia, 7 kids!!! I hope you made it through the day without any major drama.
Kath, sorry about your dog but I am glad your family can be together.
Amanda, I would love to get netflix to try out workouts but I can't justify the cost just for that.

katie, glad youre happy w/ your dx. hope it heals fast. are there any exercises you ca do to strengthen that muscle?

patti, im irritated right now too but trying not to be. sigh.....

colleen,
patience is a virtue
possess it if you can
seldom in a woman
never in a man
.....hope you continue to heal up!

-
clean eats all day except for a biscuit from the bread basket @ dinner. omw was it good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.