Circuit/Metabolic workouts

firemedic

Cathlete
I know what circuit workouts are but are they also metabolic? Are they basically the same type of workout? I just wanted to make sure I'm doing the right kind of workout when needed. I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere else but I guess I just need a refresher course!!

Thanks
Kim

I hope Cathe sees this! Its a valid question. I would like some info as well. I sort of think........circuit is cardio THEN weights while metabolic is cardio mixed with compound weights that moves faster.

I'm still trying to understand the science of it.:eek:

Hi,

Not Cathe...

Circuit and metabolic are similar type of workout. The difference in these two terminologies is the effort you put into your training session. If you want to challenge your body and gain a metabolic benefit you will need to work to max, meaning over 75% up to 95% (if you have the ability to hit those zones) , meaning set Heart rate monitor to percentage mentioned above, working at 75%-95% one rep max lifting the weight.

Now 65-75% max could be called circuit.

Here is the science bit ;):cool:

Cathe Friedrich - What Exactly Is a Metabolic Workout?

Hope this help,

:)

Last edited:
Yes that was very helpful. I knew I read it somewhere, I just haven't had the time to do the leg work looking for it. My 14 yr old dog just got diagnosed with CHF and I'm having to take a lot of time watching her because there's no guarantee the meds will help. I'm so stressed and cannot even workout really to help with the stress. So thanks so much for helping.

Is Supercuts...

From X-train considered metabolic? And could it be considered a cardio workout as well?
Thanks
Julscarver

Yes that was very helpful. I knew I read it somewhere, I just haven't had the time to do the leg work looking for it. My 14 yr old dog just got diagnosed with CHF and I'm having to take a lot of time watching her because there's no guarantee the meds will help. I'm so stressed and cannot even workout really to help with the stress. So thanks so much for helping.

FM---Sending lots of good karma and prayers to your sweet puppy, you and for family.

Thanks so much. Yes it appears that the medication is working and she's even gained a little weight back. I know that 14 yrs is old for a dog but my husband go her for me when we got married as a gift, she's the best dog I've ever had.

Awww, such a sweetie. More than one dog is definitely the way to go---they really enjoy having a k9 companion or two. You've got your hands full with those three very intelligent working dogs! It's good they can entertain each other. Our goldens are very smart, which can lead to trouble if they get bored.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.