Choreography and Lowmax

Cassadine86

Cathlete
I'm thinking about adding Lowmax to my collection and I was wondering how long did it take you all to learn the choreography. Just looking for an estimate. Thanks !

.Lisa

it took me about 2 or 3 times to get down right except the peg leg pivot deal in interval 3 or 4. i still have an issue getting that move down smoothly.its overly hard choreography but i guess it depends on the person.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Lisa -
I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I do remember having trouble with a couple of the intervals. But in my opinion, the harder the choreography is to learn at first, the longer I enjoy the routines. If it's easy, then I get bored with it a lot sooner. So I really LOVE it when Cathe gives us a complex one!

I just did Lomax for the third time and I have it pretty much down. The first time I was kinda lost and the second I got alot of it. There are a few instances where her timing is a bit different than I'm used to and I mess up stuff, but nothing major. I wouldn't give it to someone who is new to step, but for a regular, you will get the choreography eventually and it's fun learning.

I feel like I get great cardio and leg work with this workout, which kinda surprised me since it's low impact. It's got 7 segments and they are all fun.

I got most of it the first time, but there are a few moves that are more difficult or confusing to learn. If you are at all familiar with Cathe's step routines, you will have no trouble!

I recommend you preview it first. I didn't have too much trouble with the choreo on this one. Just for comparison, I still can't do Step Blast, but I can do all of LowMax. I think Cathe's cueing is late on a couple of the moves, but the choreo isn't really too complex. There a couple of moves folks seem to have trouble with, like the step sweep, but overall I think the choreo is very doable.

I don't think you can get bored with this one. The choreo is interesting, the music is great and you have to be mentally switched on for the blasts, you can't tune out during those or you will fall over!

I get cathe choreo within 2 tries. And I am no dancer. Practice makes perfect. You can do it!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.