Chocolate Milk as sports drink!

Everyone, please excuse Briee. If you don't check in the chinup checkin you may not realize she lives in a fantasy world regarding donuts.:+

Interesting.....the study was partly funded by the Dairy and Nutrition Council.....some things just make you go hmmm.

Robin

Interesting.....the study was partly funded by the Dairy and Nutrition Council.....some things just make you go hmmm.

Robin

>Interesting.....the study was partly funded by the Dairy and
>Nutrition Council.....some things just make you go hmmm.
>
>Robin

You just had to go and spoil it, didn't you?!;-)

I always believed in it. That's what my boys drink before intense sports like hockey, soccer, competitive trampoline etc. They love it and always thought it was better than Gatorade.

>>Interesting.....the study was partly funded by the Dairy
>and
>>Nutrition Council.....some things just make you go hmmm.
>>
>>Robin
>
>
>You just had to go and spoil it, didn't you?!;-)

Hehehe....I just want the Cookies!!!! Skip the milk...yecky!!! I thought I read oreos somewhere in this thread......:9

Robin
ETA: Did I mention I have an addiction to Newman Mint Oreo Cookies??? And there are NONE in the house;( They give me a lot of energy:)

Actually, I heard this several months ago in a article I read on MSN Health. The author, someone with some fancy degree in nutrition or biology or something or another, said that the best pre- or post-workout drink is 12 oz. of chocolate milk! He said if you exercise first thing in the morning before breakfast (like I do), you should drink the milk before your workout. If you work out later in the day, you should drink it after your work out. I believe he said it has exactly the amount of protein, amino acids, etc. your body needs for a workout. Hey, works for me! I love chocolate milk, and the fat free stuff can't be bad for you!

Shelley G.
Melrose, MN

This really makes sense to me - I've long felt (and hesitated to say, because I know how attached some of us are to our expensive )protein drinks) that you're better off just drinking chocolate milk instead of those protein powders that are supposed to power your "muskles" like Popeye's spinach.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Let's see.....adult consumption of cow's milk has been linked to heart disease, Parkinsons and ovarian cancer (the non-fat portion of the milk)...and most brands have pus and rBGH in it as well. Yep, sounds like a great sports drinkx(

I think I will pass.

Maybe, the big bucks Dairy Counsil will fund another study to boost its sales.

Robin
ETA: I prefer my cookies without hormones:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.