Chin-Up Check-In Wed 6.14

Soosan

Cathlete
Good morning! No chins for moi today - just 1/2 Imax and some yoga. I've got a couple of meetings today and a birthday celebration on a friend's sailboat tonight. Friday we leave for Bethany Beach, Delaware, for five days, staying at the beach house of a friend. I don't think there's a chin-up bar, but I'm bringing some yoga DVD's as I always do when traveling. If it's not too hectic before we leave Friday, I'll do some then - otherwise they'll have to wait until next Wednesday.

Hey, here's a picture of my back that was in our local paper after the ball last week. (That's why it's important to do chins; you never know when your back's going to be in the paper.) I'm talking to the Governor of Virginia, Tim Kaine (because I'm so important.:)) The paper is wrong about how much money was raised - it was $145,000, not $68,000.

http://www.rrecord.com/arc/2006/6-08-06_A1-16.pdf

Sooooosan-you have a beautiful back!!!! It looks like you have a beautiful dress on. That is neat that you are talking to the Governor! Thanks for sharing!

Have fun on your sailboat party. I wish I was going.

Briee- I lived in Mt. Prospect when I was 23 and then moved to Carol Stream and then up to Wisconsin. I grew up in Des Plaines. Chicago does have the best pizza!

Off to the the chin-up bar. And, then Imax 1 or 2, haven't decided yet.

Joanne

>The picture is on page 14.
>
>Joanne

Thanks!
I've got a rather slow connection at home, so it would stretch my patience to look for it myself!

Sorry, I thought the link took you directly to page 14. We're placing an ad in next week's paper where one of the pictures is of my front, so I'll post a link to that too.

Hey X! Nice of you to drop by! How's your challenge going?

Joanne, Catherine and Joanne, what are you guys up to today?

It's raining cats and dogs today so the sailing party has turned into a yoga party. I'm swamped with work today so probably won't get to do Imax. I'll do a circuit tomorrow to make it up.

>Sorry, I thought the link took you directly to page 14.
>We're placing an ad in next week's paper where one of the
>pictures is of my front, so I'll post a link to that too.

You have a front?
I thought you were just a mysterious woman only seen from the side and back, with hair covering the face to avoid recognition! And everyone who passes by says "who is that woman with the gorgeous back"?

>>>Joanne, Catherine and Joanne, what are you guys up to today?

Worked 1/2 day and now after lunch am heading for a nap. When I awaken it'll be time for legs and back. Chinups here we come!! Oh and must do ab work x( x( I am really trying to make myself get those abs worked.
I did do Core Synergistics yesterday.

Catherine

Hi Chinsters!

I've been working deligently, seeing slow, steady progress. Here is today's journal entry. almost everyday I post my workouts, much like the "Check-ins". At the bottom are my stats. 4 weeks to go until the end of the Meltdown.

TODAY'S WORKOUT

2 mile neighborhood run + hill sprints (HIIT)
39:00min
Avg HR= 145/168
Kcal= 530

Cathe Freidrich Core Max #1 (least fave)
I can't do levitation holds, I think I'm too bottom heavy!

Nutrition has been consistently on track. 4 meals per day, roughly 250-300 cal/meal, carbs (oatmeal w/ egg whites) only at meal #1.

Feeling quite good these days!

4/25 161.8lbs/35.3 %BF (Ms. Fit)
5/29 155lbs/33.8%
6/13 153lbs/32.9%

Ok my report for today. Are you ready.......... No seriously, are you ready............. I did 4 whooooooopie!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, it's only been 2 months in the working!! Lets see, so my sets were as follows 4(with a big wooohooo!!!), 3 sets of 3 four sets of 2 and two sets of 1. I was so excited, I almost couldn't finish my workout!!

Catherine

Very exciting! Good job! Hoo-rah!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

>Ok my report for today. Are you ready.......... No
>seriously, are you ready............. I did 4
>whooooooopie!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! You made your fourth one! Whooo hooooo!
What is your goal? I think you should go for a set of 10 by the end of summer!}(

My original goal (at the beginning of this year) was to do 1 by my 40th birthday. Which I accomplished (bday June 26) So now I am just wanting to increase number of reps per set. 10 by the end of summer would be great, but probably a bit ambitious ;)

Catherine

Hey All!!!!

X...thanks for the picture...it's my all time favorite. Simple yet satisfying, sleek, defined, not overpowering :9 :9 :9 :9 You are doing GREAT on your challenge. Congratulations!!

Catherine YAHHHHHHHHH!!!! FOUR CHINS!!!!!! GO GET YOURSELF A DONUT GIRL!!!!

Soosan....what a beautiful picture and dress, very GORGEOUS back which displays all your hard work. It's just screaming "I can do chinups and very soon!!" (I could hear it all the way in Wisconsin).

Joanne, Janie and Kathryn waving hi.

I took 16 year old to doctor today who was very concerned that he contracted chicken pox and has put him on some special med to fight the virus. Now he's got me worried. He has fever, chills, sweats, oh my. Not a lot of pox yet, but I'm sure they are on the way.

Workouts are not going too well again. Just too much to do and too many sick kids, I will try to do chins on the hour tomorrow if possible. Maybe I'll go chug some coffee and do something tonight if I can wake up ;) ;)

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.