Chilean Miners

elsie3

Cathlete
Are you guys following the rescue story of the Chilean miners? I am so happy for them and for their families. I hope everything continues to go well and they can get everyone out. It's so nice to have something good on the news for a change!

This has been THE most fascinating touching story in a long time, I can't believe the spirit these men are showing, I was certain by now, some of them would have started freaking out and going nuts, but they all have kept their cool and learned to find ways to cope and live under such terrible conditions. I have not seen the progress today, I don't get a chance to watch a lot of news, but I'll have to go look it up online.

Truly an amazing story! (although CNN did its usual overkill & has been covering ONLY this story for the past 24 hours) I think I can understand how they survived down there, it's probably not as claustrophobic & much larger than we imagine. What I don't get is how they didn't have serious panic attacks in that little capsule! OMG! Just looking at it gave me palpitations! :eek:

Oh, I heard the one thing they all missed the most was a hot shower. 70 days without a shower! YIKES!

Truly an amazing story! (although CNN did its usual overkill & has been covering ONLY this story for the past 24 hours) I think I can understand how they survived down there, it's probably not as claustrophobic & much larger than we imagine. What I don't get is how they didn't have serious panic attacks in that little capsule! OMG! Just looking at it gave me palpitations! :eek:

Oh, I heard the one thing they all missed the most was a hot shower. 70 days without a shower! YIKES!

Laura I had the exact same thought about that capsule. I think I would freak out in that thing for 20 minutes! And wow, 70 days without a shower, ick!

Pam

Are you guys following the rescue story of the Chilean miners? I am so happy for them and for their families. I hope everything continues to go well and they can get everyone out. It's so nice to have something good on the news for a change!

I agree. It's so nice to have a happy ending to such a frightening beginning.

I haven't watching it everyday but when I come home I see that they got another one out. So glad they were able to get these guys out much sooner than anticipated.

this is why i like npr and bbc on the radio. they've been reporting on them the whole time. with little interesting stories, not just the headlines.

american doctors helped them so they could be mentally prepared.

NASA astronauts to talk them through the problems in isolation.
some of the miners could run up to a mile in the tunnels underground.

they had ipods to listen to music.
local musicians created songs just for them and their family. and they could listen to them on ipod.

interviews with the family, staff to help miners. (with translation of course.)

Wow!! How awful for his wife!! That would be so painful to watch, even though he wasn't overly emotional or affectionate toward her, still...very hard to swallow since it appears the wife found out about her during a vigil for the miners!

What's so cool is this drilling company is about 30 minutes away from my home. What a feel good moment for that small company!

They're out! They're out!......They're all out!

Hurray! I really held my breath on that....thank goodness they all made it.:)

Fireworks-01-june.gif
Fireworks-06-june.gif
Fireworks-02-june.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.