::: CHEETAHS ::: where the streets have no name - 7.8

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetah babes! :)

Couldn't sleep as the back is acting up a little. But it's OK. I'm aiming for an early run followed by some ab work.

Wendy :: ohhh OK re: the iTRI. Sounds like an interesting workout! How were last night’s festivities? Didja numb the neck with some good ol’ Corona??? :p Cracked up about the Coors Light being DH’s choice.

Jackie :: good luck today!!! **Strong 5K vibes comin’ atcha!** $39 massage!??? Sounds like a ROAD TRIP! *lol*

Carole :: *lol* at your smiley guy…Don’t worry – I didn’t embarrass myself and use the word “crack” in the chiro office…(Actually, I didn’t say much of anything during the adjustment except “Ooof!” and “Whoa!”)…but exactly what *do* they call that noise your body makes during the adjustment?? My doc said something about it being the “release of gas” between the vertebrae. I have just been referring to it as a crack b/c, well, to me, that’s exactly what it sounded like! :D But hey, I’m just a rookie at this stuff. I’ll learn!…Now you’ve got me wanting to try a KPC/L&G premix. I’ll have to work that into my rotation somewhere.

Sunny :: *lol* about learning to swim first. You can do it! A tri is such a great athletic accomplishment...A friend of mine used to do them all the time, and years ago, he got me thinking about doing one as I love to run and used to love biking, but since swimming just wasn't my forte, I bagged the idea. I’d be open to doing a biathlon, though.

OK, I'm gonna go with Runnin_Teach. (We're all cheetahbabes here, so I'm opting not to take that one all for myself! :D) I've emailed SNM requesting that this account be deleted, so once that goes through, if you see the new screen name, you'll know it's me! I'll just feel better having a name that's not affiliated with weapons.

Have a wonderful Sunday, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

PS...Where has Ms. Shelly been? Hope all is OK!

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Good morning,

i am awake early also...couldn't sleep. today the plan is to try the itrainteen yoga...;o)

jackie-go jackie go!!!

cathy- do you know the difference between a biathlon and duathlon? i have been trying to figure it out. well it's funny because as far as the swimming. i have been wanting to take lessons, it's just been so hard to fit it into my schedule. i met a girl the other day wanting training so i gave her my #. well one of my clients call me and tells me the same girl is teaching her how to swim. so now i am really hoping we can work something out;)

Shelly- come out, come out wherever you are:)

hello to all the cheetahs to follow!

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes. :)

Had a nice time last night. I over-ate and ended up feeling quite uncomfortable for about an hour but it passed soon enough. That is one of my biggest downfalls...when I get around super fattening/unclean food I tend to eat too much yet when I am home and eating my usual healthy stuff I have no problems eating "just enough" at each meal. If I am going to over-eat I really need to over-eat the healthy stuff! LOL After dinner the couple went off to see a movie and my best friend and I took a walk on the little amusements boardwalk I live by and then came back and bs'd at my house for a while before she left.

I had 3 Corona's at dinner and by the end of it my neck was feelin' not so bad anymore...had I kept going I'm sure I could have ended up pain-free but didn't want to go THAT far!;) :7 This morning my neck is feeling much better. I took my med this morning. I think by tomorrow I will be totally fine. No yoga today but I do plan to hit the gym for the TM or the EXT. I need some good cardio after last night's gorge-fest! LOL

Sunny: Question...so once I get my PT cert and my CPR cert, even if I do not have an "OFFICIAL" job at a gym yet, could I get insurance through the AFAA so that if I wanted to train at my home or others I and they would be covered??

Cathy: LOL, I hope I could have kicked that guy's butt who wanted me to train him! If not, then I have no business gettin' into the profession, right? :p Love the choice of Runnin_Teach. You are having SNM delete SeekingGuns? I didn't have to do that when I changed my name. I think I just registered my new name with an alternate email addy. Should I have had them delete the other one??

Jackie: DH and I are fine. Thanks for asking. :) We watched the movie Thank You for Smoking. I thought I'd like it but I wasn't fond of it. I thought it was rather boring.

Carole: Only ONE of the three Itrains? How do you hold yourself back!? LOL I just go for the gusto and get them all at once...I can't help myself! I'm like a kid in a candy store!:p

Okay, that's all for now. BBL!

Cathy...you know, I am not sure what they call the noise? I will have to ask my nephew. And I was teasing about "crack"...but yes it does sound exactly like that. I will look for Runnin_Teach.

Sunny...Enjoy yoga today. This is what Wikipedia had to say about the 2 events:

Duathlon is an athletic event (not to be confused with biathlon) that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg in a format bearing some resemblance to triathlons.

Biathlon (not to be confused with duathlon) is a term used to describe any sporting event made up of two disciplines. However, biathlon usually refers specifically to the winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting. Another popular variant is summer biathlon, which combines cross-country running with riflery.

I am doing a shorter run today as I have a 15K trail run next sat. I am thinking about 6 miles today. Then maybe some stretching before painting...

Have a great day...:)

Wendy...we were posting at the same time! Sounds like a nice evening. Nice to the Corona's helped your neck..:)...I have been getting all the iClimbs and iTreads since August last year so I do have most of them!

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: where the streets have no name - 7...

Sunny :: let us know how the iTrain teen yoga is...I'm curious what the difference is between the teen and adult workouts...I believe biathlon/duathlons are the same...biathlon is probably an older term.

Wendy:: glad you enjoyed yourself last night. Good job showing restraint with the Coronas. :) Also glad to hear the neck's improving. Oh, OK ~ I didn't think of just using a different email address. I could've just done that instead of bothering the SNM folks with this. But you know, there probably should be a feature that lets you delete your profile/user name on your own...I think you're OK leaving it in the system.

Carole :: question re: the Garmin 305. I may be upgrading sooner rather than later (my dad has gotten into walking/running in the past year and I thought of giving him my 201)...I am seeing it for $219. Does that sound like a good deal? I know you spotted a good price for someone else recently, so I thought I'd ask our Garmin Guru. :) TIA!

Well, my run is done. I ran to a nearby park (slightly more than 2 miles), where I met my dad and walked with him at a pretty decent clip for about 20 minutes or so. Now, I'm off to do the 10 Min. Solutions RR Pilates ab segment.

Cathy :)

Wendy- i am pretty sure you would be able to. not sure if you have to become a member of AFAA. however i get so much info coming to me now, i know there are other insurance agencies that offer the same thing. the next time i get something i will pm you the info! you WILL become a PT, lol.

carole- thanks so much for the information!! enjoy your super long run today:) i can't believe how fast collage is, i bought KBX on wednesday and it came in the mail yesterday, wooohooo!!

cathy- i believe the difference is the length (teens are shorter) and the music (teens hip/hop). how cool your dad is running/walking with you!!!

Posting at the same time as Carole...I know you were teasing me about the chiro. :D Will be curious to see what your nephew says, though, on the proper terminology... Interesting about the biathlon/duathlon distinctions. I think I heard somewhere that biathlon was not a favored term for run-bike-runs anymore b/c of confusion with other two-sport events.

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

itrainteen yoga is done. not sure what you hardcore yoga folks would think of it. however for me it was perfect! i thought i would get more of a stretch instead it was more of a workout:)

Apparently despite my long sleep I'm still kinda brain dead:) I posted in yesterday's thread...I'm back from a 70 minute ride through some gorgeous trails. I'm going to work my upper body now and will be back for personals later:) The following is what I posted earlier today:)

Welcome Runnin_teach :)

Hey!:) I slept from 11:30 until 8:10 this morning and feel really good today! A rarity but much appreciated. Had a nice day yesterday, shopped the farmer's market after work, we've been making the most of the local strawberries but they're almost done. I'm not looking forward to getting back to the fist sized, white fleshed, GMO berries that we usually see in the grocery store. My 16 year old Marley started dating a 17 year old named Marty (Marley and Marty, isn't that too cute for words:D ), he's been around for little visits but was here all afternoon, for dinner and through the evening. I really like him, his Momma raised him right, he's smart, respectful, funny and perks up whenever we're talking about Marley:) Nice to have SOME male energy in our Girleyland home:). I'm gonna finish my coffee and go bash around some local trails on my bike. Hopefully we'll be packing up later to hit the beach with some friends.

Cathy, hope the chiro helps you. It really is a strange experience at first. The more relaxed I am, the better the adjustment. Glad you decided on a screen name but you'll always be 'seeking_guns' to me:7

Jackie, have a great 5k tomorrow, we're cheering you on. I'd be in the poor house if we charged $39 per massage as I'm on commission. We charge $70 at the clinic and $85 at the spa, $39 is a steal!

I hate to cut the personal short but it's going on 9:00 and I need to get my butt in the saddle or I'll run out of time.

Have a great Sunday Cheetah Babes:)

Take Care
Laurie

I'm back from the gym.

I did the 20 min IClimb w/o I have and then hopped on the TM for a 1.5 mile run. Nice work out.

BBL for personals...have some housework to do right now!

i spoke with the girl i met a couple days ago. she is a swim instructor, we worked out a great deal. she is going to give me swimming lessons and i am going to train her. i am sooooo excited!! so as long as i feel comfortable (with swimming) i am going to give a tri a try...lol

laurie- glad you got some grea sleep! have fun on your bike ride.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today is a rest day for me, but thank goodness because I had lots of beers last night (never do this and I hate the next day!!!!!!!).

We had a great time out in Boston, and trust me, we never do this anymore. I hate being tired and ....... hate to say it........ a little hungover! Yuck!!!!!

I will be better for tomorrow AM, as I am going for a 3-4 mile run! :)

Enjoy your day ladies! Off to my grandmother's house to help my family clean it out (like last Sunday - she never threw a thing away I swear!!!!!!!!!!!).

Take care,
Amy

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

Laurie :: Marty sounds like a great guy for Marley :D...hope you enjoyed your bike ride...thanks for the welcome :) ~ I know that *you* guys understood where I was comin' from with the former handle, but in this day & age, I feel more comfortable not being confused with a firearm enthusiast. Not that there's anything wrong w/ that... (That's one for my fellow Seinfeld lovers.)

Sunny :: awesome deal to swap the swim lessons for PT! You've got a great thing goin' there. Do you ever miss your old job? :p ;) I think back to my life in politics sometimes and have no idea how I worked in an office all day long. I couldn't go back...My father usually doesn't run with me (we went once but he concluded he does not like running on streets, which I prefer); he is mostly a walker but has been adding spurts of running. Still, he likes crunching the distance/time #s, so I think he'd like the Garmin.

Wendy :: great w/out to burn off the cals from last night! And now HousekeepingMax - fun, fun!

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Man who runs behind car gets exhausted. Man who runs in front of car gets tired." -Source unknown

Amy :: missed your post. Nothing wrong with rockin' out now and then but sending hangover recovery vibes your way. Sounds like you had a blast. Good luck with the cleanout today.

"Man who runs behind car gets exhausted. Man who runs in front of car gets tired." -Source unknown

Sunny..so when are you going to give Amy's KBX a whirl?...:)...For me the swimming would be the toughest part of a tri. Good luck.

Laurie..a 70 min bike ride sounds fun. I bet you do have some gorgeous trails there. One of these years my DH and I will have to visit Canada.

Amy...sorry about the hangover. Pepsi and potato chips always seemed to help me in those days...:)

Cathy...thanks for the email. I have to say the new screen name really fits you well.

I ran 6.3 miles. Now I am going to get in some painting before the heat sets in.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Sunny - So, you're eyeing a tri? Swimming is what keeps me from trying one of those. I've taken swimming lessons twice but it did not help me. I just didn't like it. Good luck if you decide to do it.

Laurie - You got some good rest. Wish I could sleep 8 hours without waking up through the night. I love the local Farmers Market here. So nice to get good home grown fruits and veggies. That massage is a first time visit only. Then they offer memberships. Don't know how that works yet. I'm sure if I go for the massage I'll find out.

Cathy - Hope that back feels better. That's what I call the noise at the chiro too - crack. Sounds like snap, crackle and pop to me. I like the new screen name you chose. Nice run and you got to walk with your dad too. That's so nice.

Wendy - Glad you had a nice time last night. It would be nice if we could control that eating around fattening food. But, if I see someone else eating it, I want to partake too. Glad the neck feels a little better. You might have had another pain with too many Coronas, huh?

Carole - Enjoy your run today. Still painting? That's an additional workout.

Amy - Feel better and enjoy your rest day.

My 5K started at 7 am. I beat my PR by 1:11 minutes. My unofficial time was 27:40. It was nice and shady and not too hot. My first mile was at 8:14 pace. I was surprised. Don't know how I placed yet. This is a Road Race Series consisting of 10 races and they don't give out awards until the final race. I have to decide how many I want to participate in. It was fun though. The next 5K is in two weeks on the same course.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

http://bestsmileys.com/signs15/11.gif[/img] on the new PR Jackie!!!!

Our fleet-footed Jackie :: let me add my CONGRATS on the PR!! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/77.gif Fantastic! That's gotta feel great!!

Carole :: Disregard my earlier question about the Garmin - I found the thread/link you previously posted and don't want you have to dig that up again...Nice run! Is it still blazin' hot out on the West Coast?...Happy painting!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.