:::Cheetahs::: Wednesday 8/16

JAFitMama

Cathlete
:::Good Morning :::

This morning will be a 4.5 mile run plus warm up and cool down, and after driving DD to swim practice, yoga, stretch max or pilates. The extra stretching is helping. I will bring an ice pack to put on my hip for the drive home and while driving DD.

Wendy- hopefully you will feel better during and after your WO today.

Carole- did you get on the elliptical? We have one at our golf club gym; I may have to get on it after all this interest!

How is the achilles today Christine?

Jes your race is getting closer!

Hi to all the rest of my Cheetah friends- Shelly, Jes , Marcia, Mattea, Gayle, Elaine, Katie, Laurie, Laura, Barb (both of you!), Colleen.
Shoot I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Judy and all that follow.

Well, I am not feeling so hot this morning. I am thinking of a combo of ab work, rebounder and yoga possibly....That's it unless I make a quick recovery from whatever is ailing me. :-(

Judy, I hope that hip starts cooperating soon! That's got to be a bummer!

Speaking of aches and pains...my knee has not made a peep since shortly after purchasing my new running shoes! I can't thank you ladies enough for "pushing" the shoe issue with me! You gals are THE BEST! Mwaaaah! :* :)

I have my little guy back finally. My heart melted yesterday when we walked into MIL's house and his face lit up and he started trying to run towards us as soon as he saw us!:+

Hope everyone has a great day.:)

WTG Wendy, I'm glad for you that you finally got new shoes, that is the key to great running - I believe!! :)

I just received an email from work that they are scheduling an emergency meeting today or tomorrow - YUCK - I could feel hair on the back of my neck raise immediately. I need to figure out a way to relax and not let these board meetings get to me. I've even considered a possible job change because I'm just plain sick of the crap!! Anyway - enough whining. I am getting things ready for a friend's rummage sale, should be fun - get rid of that 'stuff' that has been cluttering up my basement. :p

I'm not sure what is on the rotation today, I'll have to see when that *&^&#$#$ meeting is first.

Have a great workout everyone - be back later to catch up, I feel I've been so out of the loop.

Take care,
Marcia.

G'morning Cheetahs! We did a 5.25 mile run this morning- kinda chilly again! My leg feels ok, I feel *something* but not really pain?? I iced it for a while last night & will ice again today. I plan to do some pilates later! I did the ball workout y'day afternoon.

Off to shower & get ready for the day now. I'm watching my friends 3 kids today so it will be busy! I think we'll head to the park again! It was so nice y'day.

Judy ~ I'm glad that you're feeling better!! Ice, strech, & Ibuprofen is always a good combo!

Yep, the race is getting closer. Hoping the leg cooperates!!

Wendy ~ I hope you feel better!! Good shoes are so important!! Awww on getting Joey back. It's nice to know you were missed!

Marcia ~ Good luck w/ the meeting & the rummage sale!

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Happy hump day, cheetahs :)

Judy :: hope your run goes smoothly w/o too much trouble from your hip. How do you like StretchMax? I'm thinking it sounds like something I need to invest in as stretching/flexbility is a weak spot for me.

Wendy :: sorry to hear you're under the weather. But hey, you're still managing to be active :: that's great! Glad that you've got the munchkin back.

I am heading out shortly to do a 3-4 mile run followed by SH Tri & Bi. Will check back in later.

Hi to Jess, Carole, Barb, Barbara, Elaine, Christine, Marcia, Laurie, Laura, Mattea, Pamela, Gayle, Thomasina, Katie, Colleen, and anyone else who drops in today.

-cathy :)

Marcia, I hope your !@#$! meeting doesn't mess up your work out!

Cathy, Enjoy your run!

Jess, Enjoy all the kidlings today!:)

For anyone who is interested...possibly you all know about it already but....The place that I ordered some running gear from the other day offers *FREE* 2nd day air shipping via UPS and also offers free shipping on returns! The website is: www.runningwarehouse.com
Enjoy!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Judy..yes, I got the Elliptical and got it together and did a workout on it...fun,fun,fun...:)...enjoy your run and hope the icing and stretching takes care of the hip pain.

Wendy...sorry you are not feeling so good...maybe an easy day is good. I am so glad about your knee! And the story about Joey....warms my heart...:)...thanks for the site, I will check it out.

Marcia..sorry about the unespected meeting...yuk. Maybe a job change might help?

Jess...good run today. Hope the weird thing in your leg is just a tweak and will go away pronto!

Barbara...that is great you got your Ripped Core. Yes, the blog is cool...:)...I am happy about John's progress and even slow it is good...

Christine...way to go on the 10!! Like Elaine said ICE the achilles!!! Rest is good too...The trigger points that Cathy posted the link to look very interesting...Yes I got the SpaceSaver Elliptical from Nordic track. Only had problems with a few of the screws....they were tough not to strip. DH wants me of course to email Nordic Track! Hey, he did get on the Elliptical for about 2 mins and said "Wow, that is easy"...thank you for your prayers for John...:)

Cathy...I have had Achilles tendonitis a few times myself....and as you know I also have tight calves..possible connection I believe! Good site you posted about the trigger points...have a good run and fun with S&H!

John sat up for 60 min yesterday!! Due to the fact that he has to learn how to sit all over again he is a bit scared of falling. I don't blame him. He has so much to relearn. His mood is alot better and he is trying to get into Rehab next week.

Well....I did a 30 min program on my Elliptical. WOW!...it said I burned 518 cals, and at one point when I went from the 3rd resistance to the 7th....I thought my legs hit a brick wall!!! Although a few hours after PLB and a 5 mile run, I might have done a shorter program...I really like this machine!!

Today will be PUB Chest & Back, abs and a 5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Howdy cheetahpals! Ending a busy work stretch so I'm ready for a relaxing run! I plan on 8 miles today and later I'll go for p90x legs and back. I'm quite excited....my DH has told me he wants to go with me now on my runs. He won't be running...just walking but hey, it's alot better than nothing! Maybe it's a start. I've always been so envious of you cheetahs who have husbands who run with them or are at least active with them in some way!

Judy- I hope your running isn't aggravating your hip problem more. The concentration of the stretching and some yoga will help tremendously. Have you started your PT yet?

Wendy- Sounds like a yoga day is just the ticket for you. Hope you're not coming down with something!

Marcia- You sound like your have more than yor fair share of job stress there girl! Maybe you should think about looking elsewhere!

Cathy- have a great run....how do you like S&H- that's never been one of my favorites. The pace is just so slow (I'm an impatient sort of gal!)

Jess- Hope your leg behaves!

I'll check back later!

ShellyC

Hi Carole - we early bird western cheetahs were posting the same time.
That is fantastic news about John! I think the progress will start to come pretty fast now. He sounds determined :7 :7
Great work on the elliptical...I'm amazed you managed that after a run AND PLB....but that's our SuperCarole! BTW- are you doing PLB with the 55-60-65 wts? You've set up a challenge for me now }(

Shelly

Thanks Shelly. I think it is great news about John too, especially his better mood. As expected he has had some very dark days...Yes I did PLB with 55-60-65, but I do my own leg extensions, legs curls and calf raises and have increased those weights too. I bet you would have no problem with that weight...:7 :+

Good Day Cheetahs! Back to work this a.m. I'm ready to go back my vacation wore me out:p I ran 5k this morning, gorgeous temps, lots of shade. I iced my ankle last night and it felt good today, I'm really concentrating on my feet, I think I have a tendency to slap my foot down so I need to work on a good 'toe off' in my stride to use my gastrocs and soleus more effectively. I came home and did 45 minutes of balance work and stretches.

I'm running late so I'll be back later with personals but want to thank everyone for their b-day wishes to Faith and for helping me try to figure out what's up with my ankle!

Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Morning ladies. Today was ME. I was still a little sore in my shoulders and legs after HSC on Monday, but I did it anyway. It felt great.

Judy - Nice run. Glad your hip is still feeling good.

Wendy - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Don't push your workout too hard. You don't want to make yourself worse.

Marcia - Is this meeting going to be over something bad?

Cathy - Have a great run!

Jess - Nice run too. Hope your leg feels better.

Carole - Wow, that is quite a workout. Great news about John.

Shelley - You have quite a workout planned too. My goodness you ladies amaze me!

Laurie - How was the party? Take care of that ankle.

I think I'm getting out of work early today (we had a flood over the weekend and they are tearing the place apart... carpet, walls, etc.). It's supposed to be torn up for the next 3 weeks. Yuck! Anyway, if I get off early I think I'm going to head over to the closest running store and buy my new shoes!:7 I'm excited!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Hey Cheetah Babes!

Happy Hump Day and all that!

Judy – hope your hip feels better soon! Glad to hear the extra stretching is helping!

Wendy – I hope that virus or whatever goes away really soon! Sounds like a good way to help recover. Glad the shoes helped with your knees! Isn’t it wonderful to see the smile of the little one’s faces when you haven’t seen them for a while? It’s the best feeling in the world!

Marcia – sorry to hear that you have yet another meeting to attend! I hate meetings in general, and the ones that are a pain... Oh don’t eve get me going!

Cathy – Thanks for the advice and the link! I think I’m okay with my calves. This is the first time in many many years of exercising that my Achilles tendon is bothering me – I think I pushed too hard in new, stiff shoes on Sunday. And as I haven’t rested it at all, I aggravated it. Have fun with S&H Bi’s and Tri’s – that’s one of my favorites. I feel sooo strong after it!

Jess – GOOD LUCK on your race!! I’ll be cheering ya on on Saturday. Hope the leg cooperates.

Carole – Thanks! I’ve been icing. It’s still stiff today, but not as painful. I’ll ice it again today, though. Glad to hear you like your new toy! 518 calories in 30 minutes? That’s fabulous!

Shelly – that’s great news about your DH! I love to hike/run with mine. Have fun with him!

Laurie – hope Faith’s birthday was fun!

Katie – I hope you manage to get out of work early and get those shoes! You’ll be surprised at how much of a difference it makes!

It’s my rest day today, and as my Achilles is still bothering me, it’s a good thing. Thanks to everyone for their wonderful advice. I have it on ice right now. I have dentist appointments for DD13 and myself, then DH is going to work from home and take me to an Asian restaurant for lunch. We haven’t been there yet, but we’ve heard it’s fabulous.

One of these days I'm going to set my alarm and get here early so I can break up my greetings to you all over the course of the day instead of using up a solid hour!!! LOL!!

Judy, I use the no equipment needed segment of Stretch Max fairly often. The band one doesn't really seem to get me where I want it to and I just plain haven't tried the ball one. Which ones do you use and like the most? Stretching feels so good!! :)

Carole, I think that the elliptical is an awesome complement to running. I keep my strides per min around 200 and I have to crank up the resistance to get my heart rate up. It feels much like you described.....like my legs hit a brick wall. The burn is awesome so I am sure that it hits my legs differently than running and strengthens the supporting muscles. I have no scientific data to back me up but that's how it feels anyway!!:7 :+ Question: How in the heck do you get 65 lbs over your head?

Jess, Glad to hear that your leg is cooperating and letting you get your runs in! If you end up buying your neighbors elliptical I'm willing to bet that you'll be in love too. Your body is not nearly as old as mine so it might be able to withstand more impact but as I told Carole above, I think the elliptical is great to add to a running regimen.

Wendy, Man, I'm right there with you....I've had this cold for a few days that is just right on the verge of becoming full blown! It's like it won't develop but it won't go away! So, I'm not sick enough to call off working out but I'm not 100% either. Hope you are feeling better soon! Are you getting excited for your race? What does your DH think about it all? And your reminded me that I have *got* to order new shoes today. I've got a little bit of pain/tightness in my shin and it's probably due to running in old shoes. I usually order through Road Runner Sports but I'll check out the place you bought yours before I order.

Marcia, It sounds like you have a stressful job and that they can call you to meetings that extend after hours at the drop of a hat. I would hate that too! I hope you're not stuck there too late.

Shelly, I am very wimpy! I only use 25, 30 and 35 lb weights for PLB! I also add on my own hamstring curls and leg extensions but again, I'm sure the weight is far inferior. What I am lifting is not difficult but I am fearful of increasing it and injuring myself! Maybe after this marathon cycle is done I should try to do that. What are you lifting for PLB right now? Will you be trying this increase while training for RNR?

Laurie, Glad your ankle is fine. Your cake sounded absolutely delicous. I've got three b'days coming up (DS,DD and DH are all within 5 days of each other next month) Maybe I'll try your cake. Do you have a recipe or was it a mix?

Katie, OK, another reminder that I have *got* to order new shoes today! How nice to be able to leave work early!

Christine, How's the achilles today?

Today I'm going to do GS Legs and 90 minutes on my elliptical. Yep, I get to watch 2 episodes of 24!! Now, that I am excited about!

*Waves to Elaine* We must have been posting at the same time!!! GS Legs AND 90 minutes on your elliptical?! You animal you!!! Have fun!!! Thanks for the advice. The heel is still a bit painful. I'll be careful today.

Marcia :: hope your day isn’t too stressful! How’s the weight loss going? You were doing WW, right? I thought I maintained while away on vacation in July, but since I’ve been back (3 weeks), I’m quite alarmed to say the scale is creeping back the other way! ACK! I’ve regained 4 lbs., it seems. :-(

Wendy :: damn, girl ~ you got me shopping again! Bad enough I dropped $156 at Dick’s yesterday (and that’s WITH my whopping $10 off coupon). :) Now I went and ordered my Asics Nimbus for $96 (instead of $124 at Fleet Feet). So much for waiting until September when the paychecks start rollin’ in again. Oh well. Great site – thanks for sharing!

Carole :: Yes, I have come to believe that there is indeed a connection between the tight calves and Achilles trouble. There are also a lot of hills near me, which adds to the strain. Using the Stick and the self-massage technique shown on the TriggerPoint site has helped, but as I slowly increase mileage, I am trying to be extra cautious. So great for John to sit up 60 minutes! I hope his progress keeps him pumped to keep working as hard.

Shelly :: that’s cool that your hubby’s shown interest in accompanying you on your runs. I do like S&H, but GS is still nearest & dearest to my heart. I’m sort of *making* myself incorporate other routines, though ~ I know it’s smarter training.

Laurie :: I know what you mean – I think the biomechanics is *off* in my left foot/ankle, which is the leg where I had Achilles problems. Sometimes I feel myself slapping the foot down, too, so I have to concentrate on the push-off. Sounds like you had a great run this morning! Hope your first day back to work wasn’t overwhelming.

Katie :: sorry to hear about the flood…that stinks! But at least you have new running kicks to look forward to! Might sound dumb but new running gear always puts a spring in my step!

Christine :: enjoy your rest day & your lunch out and hope that Achilles calms down for you.

Elaine :: hope you can knock out whatever little bug is after you. Sounds like a tough workout you’ve got planned. I'm always in awe whenever somebody's doing GS Legs + any kind of cardio. And all this talk of ellipticals makes me want to join a gym! And I know what you mean – I just caved in and ordered my shoes from Wendy’s site. Great deal—and how do you beat free 2-day shipping! BTW, 25, 30, and 35 lbs. – definitely NOT wimpy!

All right, cheetahs, that's it for now – but I’m sure I’ll be back.
cathy :)

Once my son goes back to shool, (Sept. 7th and I'm counting the days), I'll be able to reply to the posts.
I feel so anti social with my quick check ins.
I ran yesterday for an hour, nice and easy. No ankle stuff. Yea.
Today plan a back/bi and get back to running every other day.
I agree with Cathy. I'm in awe of those of you who do runs and weights especially legs on the same day. Wow.
Wendy, is it you with the new shoes? I love my Saucony's. Wide in the front and narrow in the heel.
DS is calling.
Bye for now. Colleen

Good Afternoon Ladies.

So after breakfast I took Joey outside for some pool fun. I was out there soaking up the sun and sweating but amazingly enough, the longer I was out there the less *SICK* I felt! We were outside for about an hour and then I came in and planned on doing my little work out or maybe even something a bit more intense but by the time I was done giving Joey a bath, putting him down for his nap, eating lunch and just relaxing for a bit, I started to feel cr@ppy again and SUPER tired....I just got up from an hour's nap...No time to work out AT ALL now!x(

We'll see how I feel later...I can always work out after DH gets home if I want to. I'd actually love to feel good enough to take it to the gym for an elliptical work out. All of this talk about them has me craving one!}(

Carole: I am just loving hearing about John's progress! Such a change from the previous days! How are the infections?

ShellyC: We are going to be picking up bikes from MIL's that DH left there. Once we do, he is going to purchase a seat/helmet for Joey and he is supposed to come out w/me when I run outside and ride the bike. I can't wait so I can understand how thrilled you are about your DH wanting to come out with you! Eventually, once I re-learn how to ride a bike (LOL), we will all go out for bike rides as well. Should be a great fall season for us!:) I know Joey is just gonna LOOOOVE being on the back of that bike!:+

Laurie: Take care of that ankle!

Katie: Will this be your first purchase of running shoes from a specialty running store when you go?

Christine: How was your lunch? :9

Elaine: So did you have any luck with the site I mentioned? My DH is very excited for my race and is behind me 100%! He never even batted an eye at my new shoes!:p Hey, do you still keep in touch with Sarah? Tell her to get her buns back here! We miss her!:)

Cathy: Glad you saved a couple of bucks at that site! That's great! So what did you buy at Dick's yesterday? Anything good? SPILL IT, girl!;) Let's not forget the purchase of the Garmin as well! :7 }( :p

Colleen: Yes, I bought new shoes a few weeks ago and have been in heaven ever since!:+ Don't worry about personals when you don't have time...it happens to all of us!

Wendy~
I bought 2 new Nike bra tops, an Adidas ClimaFit top, 2 pairs Nike shorts, 1 pair Under Armour spandex shorts (I always wear those underneath), two 20 lb. dumbbells, and a pair of black sweatpants (I don't own any anymore and I wanted a pair for lounging). Some of it was on sale, but the reduced racks were pretty much picked clean. Seemed like only either XL or XS left. Still, new gear made me happpeeeee! And I am LOVING the Garmin but now the spending must STOP! :) Or at least pause.

cathy

Wendy, I ordered my new shoes but not from the site you mentioned. Reason is because I bought a membership at Road Runner Sports a while back so that I get 5% off of all orders plus free shipping. Well, they had a double club discount offer going on so I would have gotten 10% off. However, I placed the order over the phone and the guy talked me into using the remainder of the value of my membership toward an upgraded one for an additional year. So today I got 20% off my shoes and from now on I will always get the 10% discount plus free shipping. I was amazed when this guy told me that in the past 8 months I've spent $700 there. Since my DH runs long distances too I guess we go through a lot of shoes in a short amount of time!! Whoever said that running is cheap wasn't exactly talking about me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.