::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Tuesday, 3/13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :)

First... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Linda!! :) :) :) What are your plans for your special day? Whatever they are, hope you enjoy it!

Wendy :: No doubt you'll be whooping that other iTread before long.

Christine :: thanks for the link...unfortunately, I have NO room for any other large equipment!

Well, I am bleary-eyed once again this morning...This afternoon/evening's workout is supposed to be Core Syn...I previewed just a tiny bit of it and am on the bubble...what do you ladies of it? I don't think I've heard folks talk about that one too much.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good Morning cheetah pals,

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!! Enjoy your day:)

cathe- enjoy core syn- it's a goodie. really different type of workout.

wendy- you are almost there girl, then the fun can really begin!

i am going to do cardio today- just not sure what yet, lol.

have a great day all!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!!!!!!!!:+ :+ :+

Today is a 3 mile run, YIPPEE.....and the weather will be in the high 50's-PERFECT for a nice spring run. I haven't been able to do any X for a few days and I'm missing it bad, so I am going to get that incorporated with my 1/2 training schedule, so I'll probably have an X workout, too after work today. Has anybody done a rotation combining the two for a race that you could share?

Nothing much more to report, I'm just trying to get my barings on home life again after such a busy weekend. I hope everyone has a great day.

Marcia

HI,

Happy birthday Linday!!

well today we have the health department coming out to the property and the soil test today so keep your fingers crossed for me that everything checks out okay! I had bootcamp class lastnight and I really had a tough workout for them. I talked to my brother and told him I had a few other people from tues/thurs night class come try my class and he said I am working them too hard on monday night and nobody shows up for him on wednesdays and it makes him feel like the bad instructor.Like he is the easy one and that I am the good one. He said he was only joking but I think he kind of meant it. I cant help that I instruct different than he does. I ,since the beginning have wanted to make sure I work them hard and that they like the class. I have never heard anything bad about how he teaches and I told him that. I tried to reassurehim that they like him too. But he has commented to me several times about working them too hard and making them sore so they dont show up for him on wednesday night class. I tried to tell him that people just arent consistant and that isnt my fault. Like I said he then said he was just joking but I really think he feels that way. so what is one to do? I dont want him feeling like that. Today I might try to run after work, its suppose to get up to the 70's today!!YIPPEE!!!!

talk with you all later!!

LINDA--------HAPPY BIRTHDAY coming from warm Northeastern Pennsylvania! LOL. Have an awesome day!

Marcia-Carole had sent me a rotation that she used that incorporated marathon training, Cathe, and the X. After the bus this AM, I'll email it off to you. ok???

GOOD MORNING to everybody!

Yesterday turned out to be an active rest day! DS got off the bus from Kindergarten and off we went...me on my bike and him on his scooter! LOL. We were out of the house for over 2 hours. Hit a local market to try our luck at a scratch off instant lottery ticket (lost, lol), then library to read some books together, then the elementary school where he played with his kindergarten friends during their afternoon recess, then back home. It felt AWESOME to be out and about in the gorgeous weather. Today's supposed to be much of the same weather, so we're gonna be outside again!

This morning was an early workout as usual for me. Step Blast. This is a bit of a taper week during our half training, so I want to sub some stepping in for my shorter running days. DS is supposed to go to a friend's house this afternoon, and if so, I'm going to gtin a weight workout....not sure which one yet. Debating between all lower body versus total body (like MM or ME). We'll see what mood strikes, if the opportunity comes!

Gotta get the kiddos to the bus! BRB!

Gayle

Good morning all! I'm on the same time as the California cheetahs now since this Az cheetah doesn't change her clock for no one;-)
Posting early cuz I'm at work. It started out super busy but it's mellowed out enough to allow for a quick check in with the fabulous cheetahs! Yesterday I got in a 50 minute EXt workout after I woke up. I put in a 40 minute iclimb plus 10 extra minutes..... wooohoo,
talk about a sweatfest :eek: Today will be a cardio rest day for yours truly:) If I have time I'll get in a total body weight workout.
Maybe the DM total body premix. If not, it'll just be some corework and stretching.

Linda Happy Birthday:+ :+ :+ Hope it's a fabulous one for you!!!

Cathy- Core synergistics is a unique and challenging workout. I consider it to be a cardio workout with emphasis on the core(of course). Alot of different moves in it and one move in particular I think is not humanly possible! Anyway, I'll be curious to hear your reaction to it.

SunnyD- What.... no 10-20 clients to train today?;-) Have fun with your mystery cardio of choice!

Marcia- Congrats on the weight loss:) Have fun on your run today!!!

Laura- Good luck with your testing on your land today!!! Hey, you shouldn't feel responsible for your brother's feelings! Anyeay, I think it's natural for there to be more people at a Monday workout (beginning of the week) then at a Hump day workout.

Gayle- Step blast is a fun one isn't it? How nice to have a taper week ahead with some fun stuff!

Hello to everyone who follows today:) Time to get busy....

ShellyC

Good Morning Ladies -

Quick check in this morning - I'm running a bit late. I'm debating between doing Spinervals UpHill Grind and the UB work from BMax 1 or just doing a circuit workout. I'll figure it out and get back to y'all.

So, hope y'all have a great day! And last but definitely not least - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!!! Hope it's a fabulous one!

Shelly-you've got me thinking about the DM premix now. lol. Great job on the iClimb yesterday. I think I'm now officially addicted to the iTrain workouts! Who started all this anyway? LOL

Christine-good CALM morning! HEY....I'm cleaning out my house to make room (and money, lol) and I came across a Spinervals 2 that I have...Sweating Buckets. Would you be interested??? No pressure, just thought of you when I found it buried in my pile! LOL

Gayle

Good? Morning Cheetahs~~~

I'm not convinced about the "good"part just yet.
The stray cat is disrupting out home. It got in again last night and as usual ate all the food/ water. But I saw him at 6:15 and tried to track him down. He some how escaped. As I was checking under furniture etc in my semi-dark great room, I put my hand in cat feces. ugh x( x( OK so I clean that up and by now the cat has escaped outside with my other cats) I do a walk through and find cat vomit in my dinning room and mouse guts in my lower level. Please excuse me for being so *disgusting*

And I didn't even get to drink my coffee. Now of course I am behind, but I am cutting the coffee drinking and forum reading short and going outside for a walk and then have to be on the tennis court by 10:00. Yesterday was Low Max and foam rolling. I have some hip pain at rest today. Perhaps Low Max was not a good choice? Or maybe it was the 60+ miles I drove.?

Maybe I'll get back for personals?

Any way thanks for letting me *vent*

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good morning cheetahs

Linda...hope you have a great day..http://www.emotihost.com/ver1/birthday1/19.gif[/img]

Cathy...don't get me wrong, P90X CST is a good workout and I think you will like it but after a few rotations it just was not as fun for me as P90X S&A is! I cannot believe how much the massage helped! Core Syn is a great and different workout. I know the 1st few times I did it my core/abs were sore. I like the superman/banana's the best...:)

Sunny...enjoy your cardio of choice today.

Marcia...have a good 3 mile run in the nice weather.

Laura...hope the soil test checks out. I think your brother was just teasing. Of course people have different teaching styles...it'll always be that way... maybe he is slacking a bit!...:)

Gayle..isn't it nice to have this awesome weather! Have fun with Stepblast and which ever weight workout you choose.

Shelly...sounds like some good EXT workouts for you! Enjoy your weight and core workout today.

Judy...how awful about the cat!! Don't feel bad about sharing that, it must have been very frustrating...I do think sometimes any kind of stepping flares up my piriformis so maybe Lowmax irritated your hip some.

Christine...Spinervals Uphill Grind sounds interesting! Hope you have a good workout what ever you decide.

The massage yesterday really helped my piriformis, it was quite painful when she attacked it but I feel today it was well worth it. My right calf is still a bit sore from the run sunday. I am doing an iTread on my Nordic Track and L&G ankle weight section. I will also do abs of some kind.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies!

Cathy - Sorry about the friend issue. Hope you can have the weekend and work out some of the problems. Think maybe you've outgrown each other? Yoga X is absolutely too long! UGH!! I like Core Syn but it works the heck out of you. I was really sore the first time I did it. Tony really reminds me of having a PT.

Christine - Those bikes sound like so much fun. Thanks for posting the link. I miss the gym sometimes but not enough to get another membership.

Wendy - I downloaded the monster iTri for this month. Don't know when I will work it in. Tomorrow might be good since I have an easy run scheduled.

Linda - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great one!!

Sunny - Enjoy your cardio today!

Marcia - Hope you have a great run! Temps reached 80 here yesterday. Love it!

Laura - Praying that everything goes well today! I think you're right about the class. People are so fickle. It just may be that they want a good workout after the weekend and that's why they show up on Monday.

Gayle - Sounds like you and ds had a fun time yesterday and got a good workout to boot.

Shelley - Good workout yesterday. Enjoy your cardio rest day!

Judy - Yuk! Yuk! on the cat fecies and all of the other disgusting stuff! You wanted coffee after that? Hope you have a nice workout. Sorry to hear hip pain flared again.

This is my Slim Series week. I did Mix It Up and Winsor Pilates Abs. Thought I would add a little extra cardio. But, I usually wake up before the alarm goes off and I didn't this morning. Darn time change! I could have gotten in at least 10 minutes. Oh, well, I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Enjoy your Tuesday Cheetahs!

Jackie

Carole - We were posting at the same thing. Glad the massage helped you yesterday. I like those superman/bananas too. Sweat is usually dripping everywhere before I'm finished. Hope you enjoy your workout.

Morning Cheetahs.

I have an X weight work out on tap for today. Not sure which one though. I have to see what will work out best for me still.

So I finally weighed/measured for phase 3. I took pics the other day as well. I don't know if I told y'all that. Anywho, the measurements are odd....

Weight is down.
Body fat is up a bit.
BMI is down.
waist is down.
calves are down.
back is down.
All other areas measured the same.

My back measurement had initially gone up and now it's smaller then it was at the start!? How does BMI go down and body fat go up??? ACK! LOL

Well I love what I see in the mirror so to heck with the #s right!?!? }(

BBL!

Good morning!

Thank you guys for the Birthday wishes! I took the day off from work, because the cold that has been hanging around for the past couple of weeks finally got the best of me. I know I "could" have went ahead and went to work....but hey....it's my birthday! So...I am not going }(

Cathy - I liked CS a lot! But there was one move that kind of bothered my neck. I can't think of the name of it, but it is when they are standing, then lay down and roll up and onto their neck (I guess shoulders) and then back up, jump and do it over again. I was having so much fun doing it that I rolled back to far and really hurt my neck. Just be cautious! Love the workout, though!

Sunny - Enjoy your cardio! (whatever you decide on! :p

Marcia - Enjoy your run and X, if decide to do one of those! When I did my P0X rotation, I used running in place of their cardios and on the weight days, I would add 30 minutes of running. I was trying to add distance during that time, but I don't have a rotation with the exact mileage....I have never run a 1/2. (although I do plan to do one soon ;-) )

Laura - sounds like a beautiful day where you are, too! I agree with Shelly, and don't feel guilty about it. It is funny that people do go to the gym more on Monday's than Wed! I would love to try your BC class! Sounds brutal }(

Gayle - Sounds like a heavenly day you had yesterday! That sounds great! Good job on SB! I love that workout! That is another one that I did so much that I had to put it away....just so I wouldn't burn out on it!

Shelly - Good job on the EXT! Sounds like a tough workout! Hope your night at work ended up being okay!

Judy - Ugh! You poor thing! I am sorry you had such a bad morning! Uh oh on the LowMax...cause after I read where you did it yesterday...I did it this morning! Hope your pain subsides! I am hoping you have a better day than you have had, so far!

Christine - Enjoy your workout...whatever it ends up being! Let's see....my guess is a circuit. We'll see if I was right when you come back later ;-)

Carole - I am really glad the message helped your piriformis! I can just imagine, though, how painful it would have been to start with! Enjoy your Nordic Track and L&G's!

Jackie - I love SS! Well....I love the "results" from SS! I did the Slim Training rotation and I was soooo sore from it! I remember the first week...I could barely move! I read the other day where you said you did Hip Hop Abs cardio. I got those, but I haven't done any of them yet. What do you think of them? I previewed them and they look like fun! (Especially the Level 2 ones)!

This morning I did LowMax. A little later, I am going to do some weights....but not sure what yet.

Have a great day everyone! BBL

Linda

Wendy - Hi! We must have been posting at the same time! Congratulations on the results on your P90X rotation! I agree...if you like what you see in the mirror....heck with the other data! That is great! How much longer do you have on the rotation?

Good morning Cheetahs!

I have been so busy lately that I barely have time to post. Yesterday I took 1/2 vacation day so I could run errands all afternoon. As soon as I left work I registered DS for kindergarten, then I picked DD up at daycare and took her to her 18 month well-baby visit. Afterwards I took her back to daycare and had to go look at the picture proofs from vintage photos that were taken at the daycare of DD & DS. They are really adorable. Then I went shopping for DD some spring/summer clothes. Afterwards I went home, went through all of DD's clothes, put away 4 laundry baskets of clean clothes, (I only do laundry on Sundays) and then headed back to daycare to pick up the kids. When we got home I made dinner and right after we ate, we had to go to Walmart to pick up some last minute stuff for DH's trip. He is leaving tonight for Mississippi and won't be back home until Sunday sometime. Yesterday was gone before I knew it.

Today will be more relaxing. No pressing errands to do. I hate to run errands during the week because it cuts into family time with the kids. We only have about 2 hours at night before they go to bed. Anyway, today's workout is a 4 mile run. I might cut it short to 3 or 3.5 miles so I can get in a little longer stretch. My calf and top of the foot are still hurting me. I might have to break down and go see a podiatrist and possibly get orthotics. I'm hoping this pain will go away, but I'm a really bad overpronator so it might not.

Happy Birthday Linda!!!!

I'll try to BBL. Hopefully work will continue being slow today so I can catch-up with you all. Waves to all cheetahs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA! Sorry I missed it, I didn't read anything else before I posted!!!!:+ :+ :+ Any fun plans to celebrate?? }(

I am beginning week 10 of the X so including this week I have 4 more weeks to go...the final week is recovery though. :)

Good morning cheetahs,
I love Tuesdays because of American Idol night. It is the one show I truly get excited over. Any other idol fans?

I am doing PUB today and that is it. I am really trying to keep to my 3-4 days of cardio only routine. It seems to be working pretty well for me . I stayed on track with my eating yesterday and am in the right mind set, until I have a snicker sighting}(

I am doing personals now, finally:)

CAthy, how is the back today? I heard you mention sciatica yesterday and just CRINGED!!!! That can be so painful. Have fun with core today. I have never tried it.

Sunnydelite, 90 clients today????? How are the clients treating you? I always had my favorites and then some that drove me crazy. Have fun with cardio today
:)

Marcia, have a great run today in beautiful weather. Congrats on the continued weight loss you disciplined cheetah;-)

Laura, that is too bad your brother is feeling bad about his class. I think that you are right to work them hard and you are right every instructor is different and you really can't compare. Maybe you can offer him some pointers or some things that are working well for you. We are having 70's and 80's here, YAY!!! I hope you get your run in.

Gayle, stepblast is a fun one! I have not done it in ages. That is fun to spend time with little ones outdoors in this beatiful weather.

Shelly, I love the DM total body premix. Gotta love those ellipticals. I tell ya my heart rate is the highest on that more than any other workout, except a fast run. Have a great day!

Judy, Oh my goodness. That cat defintiley needs to go. What a HORRIBLE way to wake up this morning. Mouse guts?, UGH!!!

Christine, GORGOUSE WEATHER TODAY!!!!! In the upper 70's. Have a great workout and yes, we will have to set up our Thai feast. I have to lose a few lbs first;-) Glad your hubby is back.

CArole, that is great the massage helped you. I know how painful that is when they get deep in the piriformous. I hope you are on your way to recovery. I would hurt the most after watching t.v. for awhile. I could not even see a movie for 4 months due to the sitting. Did you figure out if there is sciatica involved? Keep taking it easy until you are 100%. Enjoy your workout on the elliptical.

Jackie, how do you like slim series. Is it mostly cardio or weights and is it tough?

Oh, I gotta go! I will be back after taking kids to school to finish up personals!

Susan

Oh my gosh, I haven't done personals in days it seems. I'm sorry ladies! I'll get on it right away!:)

Cathy, Core Syn is TOUGH! It's a great work out IMO. It has a dread factor to it for me only because I find it very difficult.

Sunny, I haven't worked on my exam in a few days. I need to get back to it soon!!! What kind of cardio have you decided on?

Marcia, The easiest way I see to combine running and the X is to do the doubles rotation. Have a great run!

Laura, Good luck with the testing on your property!

Gayle, Sounds like a ton of fun y'day! I had DS out playing in the yard for a while. I tried to put him in his stoller to take a walk but he wouldn't go for it. He wanted to walk himself so I took him up and down our block a few times. LOL

Shelley, You just love the EXT, huh?

Judy, Sorry about your *disgusting* morning. I feel for you. Hope tmorrow is better! How was your tennis match today?

Christine, Being a bit indecisive about today's workout, aren't we?? LOL ;)

Carole, So which Itread and abs did you do today? Glad your massage helped you feel better today.

Jackie, I checked that ITri out and passed on it! LOL I have to do my cardio machines at the gym and that could be a pain in the butt to have to switch up there. Let me know how you like it though!}(

Kristi, Enjoy your run! Are you getting excited for your half? It's next month! Wooh!

Susan, Enjoy PUB today! Good job keeping the cardio down. When I am done with the X I will probably kick the cardio up a few notches for a month but then I will kick it back down again. I will keep changing it up from now on to keep the ol' body guessing! }(

So I have decided to start with Back and Biceps/ARX today. I'll check back in later!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.