::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday, 11/7

RE: Hiya Cheetahs!

Susan-OMG! I feel so selfish right this moment. I posted my stuff about my mom as an update, after being absent from the Cheetah check-in for several weeks (going on several months) and then I read your post about YOUR mom and I feel horrible! Prayers, hugs, good vibes, and healing spirits are coming your and your mom's way. I understand about the 'not being a good daughter' feeling. PLEASE, I apologize if MY post earlier seemed rude or selfish in any way. {{{HUGS}}}

Gayle

Hi Gayle!! Great to hear from you :7 I'm so sorry about your mom, I'll keep hoping that everything turns out okay. I think bells would drive me certifiable, lol.

Okay cheetahs, quick question, if you've already done DrillMax, or when you do it, could you let me know how difficult you found it? I did it this morning, and while I wouldn't describe it as easy, I wouldn't compare it to and Imax or the KM Blasts or anything. I know it's somewhat a "you get out of it what you put into it", but I really felt like I was giving it my all. Next time I'll try upping the weights or even the step height, but I wanted to know what you thought about it too.

Keep on running!
Mattea

Susan - I am sure your mom did not take it that way at all. It is hard when you have children of your own to stay in as close of contact as you would like with everyone (especially when you are so far away from each other). I am sure you did better than you think. Don't be so hard on yourself. I am glad you feel better about it now that you were able to talk to her about it.

Hi again Cheetahs :)

I finished DM cardio and upper body premix (60") followed by bonus core section from B&G; then my tennis was 45" after that. I was a little stiff playing and didn't feel loose until the end of the second set. But it is just for fun any way.

Gayle- It is nice to see you posting again here. I am glad you are keeping up the running and Cathe; I agree it gets hard to post here often.

Susan & Gayle- It can be hard when our Moms' get ill. My Mom passed in 1988; I was only 27 and had two toddlers. I miss her so much. But she had a brain tumor and we didn't want to see her suffer any longer than the 56 days that she did. Any way I will pray for both Moms!

Christine- I am sendiing you hugs and prayers too!

Laura- your class must be excellent!

Sunny- I hope the knee pain is just temporary. Do you take glucosamine and Chondroiden?

Carole- 33# must have been tough! I have been keeping my leg wieghts light (since beginning running) and my upper body weights heavier. I just don't want to be having lead legs everytime I run!

Hi to Colleen Jes and Mattea and ME2

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Mattea-
I don't know if I can give you an accurate assessment of DM since I didn't do the legs. I however did jumping jacks during all the recovery type marches in the cardio sets. I want my legs to recover from B&G before I run tomorrow so I didn't do legs. Truth be told I could have done them. I like the agility in cardio #5 and the fotball feet in cardio #6. In fact I liked all the new cardio segments.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Judy-Thanks for the review! I liked DM very much! Especially the cardio, leg moves, and push-ups---I just didn't think it was as hard as I expected it to be. Thanks for the jumping jacks advice, I tried adding extra intensity to some of the step moves, and when you do side-to-side, off the step, I the two on each side air jacks.
Mattea

Sunny...there are a few different ways to do a tempo run. I do mine using my Heart Rate monitor. I run for about 12 mins to warm up, then make sure I am in my 3rd HR zone, so for me not over 145. Then after 4 min, I go into my 4th zone which is over 145, stay there 4 min and then go back down and keep alternating that until my run is done. Hope this makes sense.

Susan..I am so glad you got to talk to your Mom. I know it has to be tough with her being so far away, and I can understand how the things with your family take over...that happens to all of us. I will keep all of you in my prayers...let us know how the massage goes...:)

Linda...B&G does seem to cause some DOMS for a few days!! Yes, I was about screaming with that heavy BB! Felt so much better when I took off some weight. Hope the annual exam goes well...what kind of shoes did you get?

Judy..yes 33 lbs was tough, I learned my lesson!! good job on the DM premix and then tennis for fun!!

I had planned on 6 miles....but I saw one of my neighbors dogs sitting in the middle of the road when I was about to mile 5. I thought she might have been hit, which scared me....Thank god she wasn't, so I ran her back home and it added about a half mile to my six miles. Then I did the 2nd Stretchmax with the stability ball....so now I am just relaxing...:)

Hello ladies,
Well, I am back from my massage and OMG!!!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!! It was only a half hour, but she got rid of so many years of knots in my shoulders and she seperated my butt muscled to release some pressure due to the sciatica pain. I can't wait to go back. I think this is probably something that we all should be doing as part of the maintenance of our bodies. It is definitley a chunk of change, but worth every penny.

I managed to get LIC in today. I find that workout so much fun, but my heartrate does not stay up the entire time. I think next time I will add a few step combos from Body max, just to make it a little more intense. It is so fun though!

Gayle, I am sorry to hear about your mom. And, your post was not selfish or rude at all. We are both going through something very difficult right now and I think it is good to have the support of others going through it too:)

Carole, you are so cute with animals. I would have done the same thing. Right now my guinea pigs are in the front yard running in their pen and so many people pull over to look at them. I love animals. I am going to have to follow in your footsteps with this massage thing. I am addicted already.

Gotta run and go get my little one. BBL!

Susan

Wow ladies! You have been chattin' up a storm since I left you this morning!:7 Lots to catch up on I guess!:)

Carole: Enjoy the relaxation time! You deserve it! I'm so glad that your neighbor's dog was not hurt. Injured animals break my heart.

Mattea: Okay, girl! What's your secret!? You didn't think DM was that hard!? YIKES! I have never it done it straight up but I did the weights only premix after a 5 mile run and I did the shortest cardio premix after my barbell class at the gym and they BOTH kicked my a$$! I am doubting that doing it straight up will be easier for me!!!:eek: BTW, I have a child now so NOTHING is TMI for me!;) LOL

Judy: So I guess you are enjoying the CC work outs? :)

Susan and Christine: I wish I lived in Cali! I'd love to go out for Indian food with the both of you! Every time you talk about it I get hungry!:9

Susan: I am glad that you are feeling a bit better now that you and your mom have talked. I know it's hard. Hugs and prayers are with you. That massage was a great idea! Glad you enjoyed it!

Christine: No mish mosh today. Sorry! LOL Hope your run went well! Can't wait to start hearing your impressions of the new work outs!

Jess: Glad you finally got SB down! I haven't done that one in quite some time so when I do finally get back to it, it'll be like a brand new work out for me!:7

Linda: A 4 mile run and B&G!? YIKES! Your legs are gonna feel GREAT in the morning!}(

Laura: I think you should be proud of how you are doing teaching that class. Everything you posted this morning sounds to me like a GOOD thing!:+

Gayle: Hey stranger! Good to hear from you again! Sorry about your mom. Hope you get some good news. Have fun at your jingle bell race in Dec! I'm doing a 5 mile race with a friend the day after Thanksgiving!

LD: I feel your pain with the laundry! I don't mind doing it and folding it but putting it away is what I hate! lol

My work out today was short and sweet. BM2 step combos only. I even lowered my step height but thanks to Cathe I still managed to work up a good sweat! }(

Wendy - Yes, I think my legs will be screaming tomorrow ;-) Hopefully, it wont be quite as bad as last week! :+ Did you have fun with BM2 cardio? I have done the upper body x 2 premix, but that is all I have done of that one.

Carole - I got Asics Kinsei and Asis Nimbus VIII. I am a little worried now, though. At first I read good reviews on the Kinsei and then after I ordered, I was reading the Cool Running forums and some people were talking about how bad they were. I hope I like them. Have you had any experience with either of those shoes?

Linda

Thanks wendy! I hope everyone in the class feels the same way. I really want everyone to like it!

carole I know what you mean when you run into a dog. If I am running and a dog is loose, I automatically go another direction or start walking. Never know what they will do.

Susan...YES!! Another massage convert!! I am so glad you got one and now you know how I feel. It is definitely good for maintenence. That is cute your guinea pigs are playing in your front yard and people stop to see them....I would!

Wendy...thanks...I am a bit beat this afternoon so its a nice break...:)...I am with you on the hurt animals...they can make me cry...:(..good job with BM2 step only premix. I think there are great premixes on the new workouts!

Linda...I ran in Asics a long time ago but not the ones you mentioned. Back then they didn't impress me much, but I have been tempted to try one of there stabilty shoes with a wider width (bunions!). I wouldn't worry about the reviews, all of us have such different feet that you never know how a shoe will work until you try!

Laura...luckily most of the dogs I run into in my neighborhood are very friendly. This particular dog is a yellow lab and there are alot of them here! I knew who she was right away as she smiles!...:)

So did you guys read the news in Ask Cathe!! We are ALL getting replacement DVD's!!!.....http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif[/img]

Wendy-No secret here, circuits almost always seem easier to me than steady state or interval cardio, unless the leg work is very heavy, as my HR drops pretty quickly. Maybe I should do the same thing with DM that I do with Circuit Max and use heavy weights for the legs and take out the upper body and save it till the end. I think a cardio only premix would also work pretty well. Great workout today! I love BM2 and find it to be the toughest of the new series. Have you ever done BM1? I think 2 has tougher step/power circuit segments, but that the upper body from 1 is harder. It moves much faster and has a lot of push-ups at the end of the other chest work, lol!
Mattea

No time to post much really but I wanted to respond to both Christine's and Susan's posts from yesterday.

Christine, Sending all kinds of hugs, prayers and good thoughts your way, hoping that it all turns out to be nothing!!! Be sure to keep us posted because we're all right there with you, a little nervous and hoping for the best!!

Susan, My brother had stage 5 lung cancer....it was not found until it had metastasized to his brain and that is what got him in the end. We had him for 1 1/2 years after his diagnosis and his MD said that he tripled the odds. What type of lung cancer does your mother have? I'm sending hugs, prayers and good thoughts your way also. As far as feeling bad about not having been a good daughter this year well, that's in the past and now you have an opportunity and a good reason to do whatever it is you need to do to be better at that. One thing that I am very, very grateful for was the amount of time that I had to let my brother know how much I loved him and what an important role he played in my life. Before he was diagnosed, even though he lives only 30 minutes away, we didn't get together as much as we should have....sometimes a month would go by before either of us checked in with the other. Well, after he found out that he had cancer I took advantage of every opportunity and today I sit here with no regrets whatsoever. Since your mother knew about the cancer for so long before she told you it sounds like maybe she will handle it similar to how my brother did. He never complained, not once. The amount of bravery it takes to face something like what your mother is facing and what my brother faced is something I can not imagine. Anyway, I'm rambling away here but I hope you get the gist of what I am trying to say. My prayers are with your mother and your family. Keep us posted on how you all are doing. Hugs to all of you!

Hiya Ladies!

Warning – what follows is aimless meandering… I’m sitting here watching Body Max 2. I GOT MY DVD’s FINALLY!!! So far, no issues. DD13 says the music sounds like DDR music – and I think she’s right! Can’t miss the beat, that’s for sure! It certainly makes me want to get up off my butt and dance! Looks fun! I got a call from my doc – the one I saw yesterday. Didn’t get it until tonight, so of course I’m worried. Oh well, not much I can do tonight. I’ll call in the AM. Got my own office finally! Well, cubical, but that’s prime real estate at my company! I’m stoked. My boss told me she was impressed that I was able to learn so much on my own as she knows she did not provide formal training.

Susan – Indian food it is! We can meet in Fremont – half way for both! I’m glad you got to talk to your mom . I am totally with you on the not-such-a-good-daughter thing. We do get caught up in our own lives and think that our loved ones will always be there. Sounds like she has some good doctors and a good plan. I’ll keep her in my prayers! And THANK YOU for the encouragement on the thyroid lump. I think it’s okay, too. My only concern is how close it is to the calcifications are. We’re talking about 4 or 5 inches. That’s it. Coincidence? Hmmm…

Linda – I have B&G on my agenda for Friday – figured I should save it for after DrillMax and Cardio Fusion so that I could walk enough to get through those! LIC is Monday. I’m not a big fan of that appointment either, but I have a great OBGYN.

Judy – thanks for the hugs and prayers – they are MUCH appreciated!

Mattea – haven’t tried Drill Max yet. I’ll let you know as soon as I do. I like circuits – if they are choreographed right – I like moving from thing to thing – my hr stays up pretty well once I really get it up there.

Sunny – sometimes I do a tempo run just getting on a treadmill and after I warm up I find a 5 on a scale from 1-10, run that for 2 minutes, then add .1 for two minutes and on up (6.0, 6.1, 6.2…) until I’m a full mph above where I started, then I go back down.

Carole – I love dogs that smile – Tucker does and neither DH nor I can get mad at him when he does. It just cracks me up. He KNOWS when to smile, too. He’ll be getting yelled at and suddenly he’ll wiggle that big furry butt of his and smile. How kind of you to make sure the pup was home safely! I hope he smiled for you!

Wendy – you come out here and I’ll take you to Amber – one of the best in the area. The food is sooo good! I’d love to meet you in person! BM2 looks very energetic – no wonder you got a good workout!

Elaine – thank you so much! With everything you’ve been through to be nervous for me! You are wonderful. I do agree about the bravery – how incredible to have that kind of strength and fortitude. So many people constantly bemoan “Why me?” Your brother was a very incredible man.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.