:::: CHEETAHS :::: The Sunday Rundown

Happy Sunday!!

cathy- oh nooooo re: oversleeping:eek: . have fun with your long run today. i hear you re: needing to change things up it's good for the soul!

marcia- the swat workouts can be found at www.amazon.com. wendy has done two of them and highly recommends the extreme fat burning workout.

shelly- the workouts are going great with dh! thanks for asking. sorry the house hunting isn't going well. hopefully the next time will be much better.

gloria- i really enjoy both CC and itrains! sometimes i'd rather pick my own numbers w/sean and other times i really enjoy being told what to do by grace.

christine- of course you know i miss you ladies. just hard time wise trying to keep up with everything. sounds like a really fun rotation you put together. IA we need more days, just to workout!

today i am running on the TM with coach sean vol. 8!

hello to all in cheetahville!

okay gotta run:D

Good morning cheetahs

Insomnia woke me up about 3:30 this morning! Watched some old MadTV's though and that helped...LOL!

Cathy...Sadie finally cam out from under the chair in the living room (her new spot) after the storm quit. Aha! You took my 2 hours of sleep!!!!....:D...Hope the run goes well...how many miles today?

Sunny...enjoy the TM with Coach Sean...:)

Christine...DH did ask about that fire Watsonville yesterday. Did they get control of it? I think most of the fires are in Trinity so that is a ways from us. It was quite a light show yesterday..see below...Way to go on the long indoor/outdoor bike ride yesterday!! I agree, you do need a new bike outfit!!

So yesterday we had thunder and lightning for 4 hours!! I swear one clap of thunder was so loud I thought it was IN the house. I really love storms like that but worried about the lightning strikes and all the trees around my house! The power went off 3 times, but at least came back on soon. I never got to yoga as I was enjoying the storm! No local fires this morning, at least from what the paper says.

I am going to do an 8 mile trail run with my sister and friend.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning!

Cathy: Hope your kicking some butt out there!!! :)

Sunny: Thanks for the info.!

Carole: Sounds like an eventful evening! I do not mind the storms either. Have a nice 8 mile run. :)

Today will probably be a run. Have a great day ladies! :)

I'm back from my long run (11 miles). Humidity is gettin' up there again, but at least there was some partial cloud cover. Gotta be thankful for small things. :) 'Course, it would help if I *NOT* shut off my alarm next Sunday! *lol* :7

Gloria...thanks for that link...I have a buddy like that. He doesn't work out, but he plays pickup sports games once or twice a week, and I guess that's enough to keep him in shape. He's hard to keep up with on the slopes. Men! One of my co-workers was telling me his wife was away for 10 days, and he lost 6 lbs...Grrr! :7

Sunny...enjoy your time with Coach Sean today. It's good to see ya.

Carole...Sorry about the insomnia. We seem to take turns. Ooh, I would've loved a freaky storm like that. Glad your power didn't stay out. I was shooting for 11-12 today, but all I had in me was 11. My legs were *really* fatigued by the end. I'm also not sure about the hydration belt. I definitely need the H2O, but my low back is a little sore. Hmm...Enjoy your trail run!

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Sunday so far~

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – I said three weeks until you get the little heat wave we got. We don’t have humidity here, usually, so when it’s hot, it’s just hot. You need to do what feels good for you now! As Sunny said, variety is the spice of life. Uh oh! You overslept! I’ll bet it felt wonderful. Good job on the 11 miler! How’d it feel? 11 miles is getting up there! What’s the furthest you’ve ever run? I use a camelback – which keeps the weight off the lower back – the new slim ones are great. I also like the idea of having the little mouth piece close by for lots of sips.

Sunny – I know you love us!! I totally understand that time is limited! I’m looking forward to the rotation – ITA that will be fun. :p Great to hear from you! Enjoy Coach Sean today. I may do him as well, we’ll see.

Carole – Oh man, sorry about the insomnia! MAD TV? That’s funny! I think they have the Watsonville fire 90% contained, but the winds shifted so we can smell the fires. It’s not too bad, just the smell in the air. The sky looks to be clear. I love thunderstorms – they are so unusual here in California! Glad you get to enjoy them. Our rain lasted about 10 minutes. Then it went away. :p Enjoy your run

Gloria – Enjoy your run today!

I will probably jump on the bike again today. Not sure if I’m going outside to do the loop I did yesterday, or if I’ll just ride the trainer. I can smell the smoke, but the sky looks clear. I just don’t know if it’s worth the risk. I’ll go shorter today. I’m also going to work the abs today. DH leaves at 4 this afternoon for Europe. He comes back on Friday, so it should be nice to have a little break. :p Even though we haven’t seen much of each other the past three weeks. :+ I have mainly laundry to do. Have a great day all!

Christine...Well, today we've got dark and stormy WITH humidity. :) Weather seems crazy everywhere anymore these days!...Yep, that's exactly what I'm doin' with regard to my workouts. I'm definitely a creature who craves variety...As I said to Carole above, my legs were definitely tiring out toward the end. So much for the carbo-loading yesterday (Aye, Corona!). }( }( }( *heh heh heh* My farthest distance was 13.1. I had a Camelback years ago. It sounds like I need to check 'em out again. :) Too bad the rain was so short-lived for you. DH gets to travel a lot, eh? Lucky guy! What does he do again?...Enjoy your ride--whether indoors or out.

Carole...I forgot to say "Stuart" from MAD TV is my favorite. :7

[font face="bradley handitc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Cathy: Great getting in the 11 miles! I have a camelbak but I haven't used it in a while since I haven't done any long runs. Had to LOL about your carbo loading!!! :)

Christine: When DH was home a lot I enjoyed his "mini" vacations. LOL! :) He is high maintainece! Enjoy your bike ride!

I am proud of myself. I already worked out. I ran 5 miles in 48:03. I have to go grocery shopping and check a set of papers from summer school (only 17!). BBL!:)

Cathy: I don't know about being a speedster, but I was happy! Yes, I wasn't kidding about the high maintainence either. Thank goodness he isn't sick too often, he is such a baby! LOL! I was telling one of the other summer school teachers that I can't believe I am getting paid to do this. It's sooo easy! Some teachers just aren't willing to take a minute out of their summer to do it. Off to the shower and to town! BBL!

Morning Girls :)

I ran 11 miles this morning. Felt great to get back into a long run. That's all for today :)

Cathy: Funny about the Carb loading. I think we all are guilty of that :) Good job on your long run as well.

carole: Enjoy your run with your sister and friend.

Christine: Too funny on enjoying time away from DH. I can relate --I enjoy it when he is out of time as well. :)

Gloria: Great run :)

Gonna finish my recovery drink and hop in the shower. A poodle-do day today :)

Gloria...The 8 miles was okay, a bit smoky. Good job on the 5 miles!!

Cathy...way to go with getting in 11 miles! I use more of a water bottle belt and not the camel back. Never got into those. Thanks re the insomnia...I am feeling a bit beat up. My gosh, we do have a lot in common, I also LOVE Stuart!!! Today that actor was the Special Olympic guy..way funny.

Christine...the funny thing about insomnia is that everything is a bit funnier than normal. I have always liked MadTV, but have not watched it much lately. Thanks re my insomnia, I am hoping for a nap in the sun..:D..I'd like to send my DH with yours! It did rain off and on yesterday during the light show. Enjoy your ride...

Kath...good job with the 11 miles!

Well we did run 8 miles in some of the smoky air. My only problem was the lack of sleep and I am tired. Very thankful I did not trip! But hoping to get a nap later.

I ended up doing Core Circuit 1 from Steve Cotter’s Extreme Kettlebell (went a little lighter as I'm still feeling UB+! Wow!) and following it with iCycle 24 Sprints on the bike. Perfect for spinning out the legs after a tough ride yesterday. I may do Awaken the Body later on today, after DH leaves.

Cathy – The weather is crazy everywhere lately. Weird. I can imagine that 11 miles would tire you! Well, you’ll get used to it, and pretty soon 11 miles will be your short run! :p DH works for a big internet company and is basically a “fire chief”. He goes out and works with accounts that are threatening to leave. He’s very good at that. Business travel is not fun though. He’s going to be in 4 different countries in 5 days. He won’t see anything! As for the Camelbacks – it doesn’t have to be a brand name camelback – but I’ve seen some of the really slim line ones. I want to get one of those for my bike race as well. Very light weight and more aerodynamic. Something like: http://www.rei.com/zoom/bb/266e537b-60d1-4c23-9e0d-f7a5c94ae8bd.jpg/150

Gloria – Yes, my DH is pretty high maintenance as well. Drives me bonkers some times. :+ But, I love him. Good run! 17 papers – sounds like vacation. :p

Kath – Good job on the 11 miles! I enjoy Dh being gone for a few days. He was gone once for 3 weeks, and that was a bit much, especially as everything seemed to happen those weeks! :p

Carole – you have the smoky smell, too? I’m always paranoid about running or riding in that. I get slap happy when I’m tired, too. :p I hope you enjoy nap in the eun! Good job with the 8 miles and especially not tripping.

Carole ~ "Look what I can do!" *lol* Nice job on your run while sleep-deprived!! I am thinkin' of a quick nap before the game starts, too. The hydration belt I have right now holds three small bottles, but it's startin' to bug me. I didn't mind the Camelbak before, so I think I may return to that.

Christine :: That's too funny--I looked at the same one at REI online! :) Will check it out in store tomorrow. Wasn't familiar with any other brands, so I was going to go with Camelbak again unless I'd heard a recommendation for something else. This one (the one you linked) looked a little less bulky than some of the Camels I'd seen...That does sound like the right job for your social butterfly hubby! But no, that many countries in so short a time with zero downtime wouldn't be enjoyble. I had to groan at the concept of 11 miles looking like a "short" run someday.*lol* :7 Ooh, so you got to be on the beach with Steve. Great workout!

Cathy: I forgot to mention this. You will want to buy a cleaning kit as well to go with your hydration pack. They are only about ten dollars.

Hello Friends!

I’ve been a bit MIA this week if ya’ll noticed…First I was terribly ill with some sort of “crappy” stomach flu (missed 3 and ½ days of work!) then my mom’s SO had another scary 911 emergency concerning his heart issues, and then trying to catch up on work and stuff at home has kept me away from the Cheetahs. I missed ya’ll though! I only got in 2 workouts since last Saturday but hey, I can’t beat myself over it because most of the time I was really sick. Today I plan to stay out of the smokey hazy air and clean the house indoors in the air conditioning. Last week the butte fires smoke caused issues for my asthma so I must steer clear if I can. We got the loud thunder boomers yesterday as well as the scary fire strikes all around. The thunder seemed much more intense than usual out this way and my smaller dog absolutely hates it and panics like the dog in the movie Winn Dixie. My golden just barks ferociously like a bombing raid is going off. Anyhoo, the CDF tankers began flying over and I was thinking rut roe…We were blessed not to get any too near us, but the closest fires now are the west Tahoe basin, Nevada County, and then closest is the Foresthill fire and as I type the tankers keep flying over to refill in Grass Valley and back to the Foresthill Divide. Thankfully the men and women of the CDF and the local fire depts are always working their behinds off during fire season. For the Cali Cheetahs, here’s a link to a site I use keep up to date on fire info:

http://yubanet.com/fire.php

Cathy – Good job on the 11. My running buddy and I were supposed to do 7 yesterday but she picked up an extra night shift in the ER so we’re gonna go out either tomorrow or Tuesday am instead. I have the camelback waist thingey (waist belt – NOT the backpack) and I think it works better for the lower back issue if you don’t fill too full, but I don’t like to use it at all really. I’ve been using a taller bottle in my hand carry strap thingey and have to plan routes that I can refill when the miles get more up there. Also, I find if you don’t get the camelback plastic pouch and tube cleaned and dried well everytime, then mildew tries to set in. I dunno, for longer runs I prefer to keep things off my waist, hips and lower back…it may work better for you though. I just saw Gloria’s suggestion to buy the cleaning kit – that may resolve the mildew issue. Lol’ing at your aye Corona!

Sunny – Have fun with Sean. I think I have one old CC somewhere. Maybe should check it out again…Hey, how is the bootcamp class? anyone cussing you yet? LOL

Carole – I hear ya about the thunder yesterday! First one I jumped and thought the propane tank exploded or something! Poor Sadie, our smaller dog, Rescue, hates the thunder – thinks someone is out to get her. I just wish we could get the RAIN all year like the eastern cheetahs do. Good job on your run but I sure can’t handle it in the smoky air as my asthma gives me a big what for. Hey, MadTv is so ridiculous it is funny.

Gloria – Cracking up on your HM hubby. I think most of them are HM in some way especially when they’re sick. Good job on your impressive run! I like Backcountry.com too!

Kath – Great run! Funny about the “poodle do” hair.

Christine – Hey, my computer won’t open the pics but maybe there are newer versions of the camel back type waist belts for Cath to consider. Good job on your riding. I noticed you must be doing a ride for Livestrong so I’ll be sure to get you a donation by the end of the week. Yap, the fire stuff is always so scary isn’t it? – I hate the summer in California!

Well, this has already taken me forever and a day to do (I’m slow at reading and posting) so I’d better get a cracka’popin’ on me chores. Have a swell day, ladies!

POSH :7

Sunny - Thanks for the website, I'll have to go check those out. :)

Well, this weekend was a huge surprise for me. DH and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary last week and he wasn't feeling well so we didn't do anything much. BUT...............yesterday I was suppose to bartend in the evening and as I'm enjoying the day in my lawn chair before heading to work he springs this surprise on me: He found someone to work for me, his parents were coming in one hour to get DS and he and I are going out to eat, a comedy show and stay in a hotel! I was overcome with huge emotion! I made them pinch me a few times that it was actually happening. So, needless to say, it was a FABULOUS weekend. He is so wonderful, no wonder we are still together. :*

I'm off to cook supper - have a super evening everyone.
Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.