::: CHEETAHS ::: the heat is on! Tues., 6.26

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :)

The humidity is back in full force here, so I hit the streets early and banged out a just-under-three mile run. And an interesting one it was! I saw a dead rat and three (live) deer, right on a major road!

Tried to follow the Maffetone HR approach but could not keep my heart rate down in the zone unless I walked. Somehow this can't be right.

Later tonight it will be L&G. OK, I'm off to shower and get into work. We are going in a half hour early so we can get out a little earlier this afternoon.

Have a great day & workouts, everyone!

~Cathy :)

Good Morning Catheites!

Cathy: Sarah (Ima) was saying that if you have to walk to keep your heart rate down then walk BUT if you like to run then that seems pointless unless you are only talking about a few minutes here or there or something. Hmmmmm....

Well it's off to the zoo with us this morning! I'm excited but not looking forward to the weather. Ofcourse y'day was gorgeous but today is supposed to be "thick". UGH! It was still nice when we walked in the gym last night but an hour later when walked out the humidity had already kicked up. GRRRRR!x(

I am feeling some DOMS in my legs. Hopefully walkin' around today will help loosen me up. I haven't done an EXT work out in ages so I'm not surprised I'm hurting a little. I also went heavy (for me) on the BB work in GS Legs y'day which I'm sure is lending to it. }(

Okay, off to do personals catch up so I'll BBS!:7

Cathy: I ate a bloomin' onion at the O/B when we went cause DH wanted it. I was going to skip the appetizers all together but he ruined THAT idea and you KNOW I couldn't let him eat the ENTIRE onion himself! LOL :9 }( :9

Heather: Yeay for the pre-order! I've been so busy with other work outs that I've hardly gotten into Cathe's last set of work outs but I don't care. I pre-ordered these too! Eventually I end up using them all!}(

Sunny: Whenever I get to ISCULPT 1 I will let you know what it's like unless you scoop it up first! LOL Not having to wait a long time to find out the results of the ME cert is great and congrats on passing your group fit. cert as well! I didn't know you don't like step work outs. I never paid attn to the fact that, now that I think of it, you never mention doing them! LOL
My new tat is a "tramp stamp". I created it myself by combining 2 ideas off of a tat website. It's a simple tribal "v" design with a (purple) flower on each "leg" and then in the middle is a fairy/spryte. She will be done in all black (almost stick figure like but curvey in design) except for her wings which I am going to have them highlight or shade with the same purple color as the flowers. It's hard to picture I am sure. I am going to take a pic of the design this morning if I have time and I'll post it here for you.

Wendy: I LOVE this! This is actually the first "Tramp Stamp" I've liked. I like others I've seen, but this is by far the best. You have (I can't remember) two other tats? What are those of?

Got the PB2 last night! :D I absolutely cannot wait to try it. The jars are smaller than I thought they would be, but that's good. My DH hasn't seen it, yet. What will is reaction be? Anything goes on that one! :) Tonight I go for a run with Dawn. It's possible my DH may join us. It will be 3.5 mile loop (5K!). I haven't been out since last Friday, and today is my last day of work for 4 days. I'm gonna die, and with the high humidity today? Whew!

For those of you who have the PB2, what do you like making most with it?

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think your insurance will cover some of the Chiro visits. I feel just the same about my race pics, very few I have actually liked...:)...The humidity soounds not nice at all! Good job running before it gets too bad. I get to see deer now and then but usually not on a major roadway. Have fun with L&G.

Wendy...I didn't think your race pic from the race folks was bad at all...:)..the park sounds nice. We have also had some cool breezy weather in the afternoons. I know soon that cool breeze will turn into a very hot miserable one. Of course I preordered...:)...Have fun at the zoo. So where is the new tat going? It is very cute.

Sunny...way to go passing the AFAA primary group exercise cert!!!!...:)

Laurie...the pics of Elizabeth are wonderful. She is very beautiful as is her Mom....:)...her dress is a very pretty color and looks great on her! Very nice seeing these and thank you for sharing.

Jess..I completley agree with taking kids to Chiro's. I have seen my previous Chrio adjust babies. I also feel as Laurie in that Chiro's can't cure all that ails us, but I have gone at least twice a week for about 9 years and feel good about that. But asking a Physical Therapist might help also. Remember PT's and Chiro's see things a bit differently.

Heather....I generally do long runs like the 10 miler every sunday. I actually want to go further as I love distance but I have had a few nagging injuries. Garmins are way awesome!! I have a 305 and LOVE it! Enjoy your run today and be careful in the high humidity, make sure you drink some water in the time before your run.

I am planning on B&G and some type of step.

Have a good day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! I slept in a bit, til 6:30! Felt nice! ;-) Then I did PlyoXa. I never got C & B + ARX done y'day (although I got in plenty of exercise!), so I'll do it this afternoon. I have a visitation to go to tonight, my good friend's Dad passed away. (Hannah's best friend's Grandpa) He hasn't been well & in the hospital so we knew it was coming. I feel for her though, she lost her Mom 4 years ago. :-(

Carole & Laurie ~ Thanks for the info on the chiro. I think I'll try the PT & see what they have to say. I gave her some Motrin before bed last night & she didn't wake up crying about her head so at least that's a good sign!

We ended up going to the pool for a few hrs y'day, it was a beautiful day. We need to run errands & go grocery shopping today.

Oh, and I got Allison's American Girl doll in the mail! She's going to be soooo excited, she's been talking about getting one for her bday ever since Kiersten got hers! (her bday's next Tues!) It looks just like her- light blonde, blue eyed, and very fair. ;-)

Have a great day, Cheetahs!

Hey everybody.

Sunny-CONGRATS on passing the cert! A job well done and that hard work paid off! CONGRATS!

Wendy-what is a 'tramp stamp'??? I've got a tattoo of a single red rose (how cliche, I know) on my underwear line. Got it in college. Wish I had thought about KIDS at that time. The thin rose now looks like it drank Miracle Grow! LOL

OK...kids had a sleep over last night so we were up late. But I still got up early for today's workout. It was leg day and I chose to sub for BBC Butt & Legs. I really love Cathe's leg work, so I did Leaner Legs and PLB stability ball floor work. I'll be feeling that later.

PB2....DELISH!!!!!!!! It came yesterday and DS and I mixed it and LOPVED it. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to have tried this. Next time I will double up the order to save on shipping. I had it on a toasted WW muffin and it was so yummy! Can you tell I like it? LOL

I've got errands to run this morning while all the kids are out of the house. Must get started. First things first....trying to find a check I misplaced in the house. Not a good thing. lol

Gayle

Hey everyone - it is extremely hot and humid here, too, high 90's with 85% humidity - YUCK :-(

I got in my 3.5 miler yesterday after work in the heat so this morning was a power walk for an hour. Tonight we have a funeral visitation to go to (mother and daughter, very sad ;( ) and the funeral tomorrow.

Gayle - you've got me intrigued on this PB2. I read all the discussions you ladies had on this and really think I might have to give it a try.

I'm wondering what a 'tramp stamp' is, too, Wendy???

Cathy - Way to get your workout in before the heat hits at it's worst. What type of heart monitor do you have? I am thinking about getting one, but not sure which one.

Training is going good for my HM, no weight loss though...hmmm....I think I will go back to counting points on WW. I 'think' I eat really good, but maybe I'm not afterall. If I count than at least I know for sure, right??

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs! Checking in again from beautiful Arizona:)
There's no place like home (shades of Dorothy!) I had a blissfully uneventful flight home with DH. No seven hour delays this time:eek:
That lil ol 5k I did last Sunday with Wendy and Cathy really kicked my hiney but good! ..... really!!! As Carole said, I got sucked in by all those fast runners and there were alot! The paper said there were 1200 runners. Anyway, running that fast in the heat took alot out of me. Well, I was recovered by yesterday morning and was up by 0500 and out the door for my last Jersey run. I ended up doing 7 miles. Wasn't intending to go that far but I just kept going... just call me Forrest:+ Then the long trip home, stopped at TGIF for some take out food and relaxed in the hot tub with DH. I hit the bed by 8:30pm intending to read for a couple of hours but I passed out immediately and slept til 0530. Guess I was tired!

Anway, I got in AllBodyAttack (CIA vid) this morning. Love this one... very intense:7 I just finished ordering Cathe's new workouts... they sound awesome! I also had new running shoes waiting for me when I got back!!! I forgot I had ordered some at the expo on the 15th for the Sheehan Classic Race. I got Asics 2120s
for only$70.00. Couldn't pass them up. My current pair are pretty much done for. I'll be breaking them in tonight on the TM for a 5-6 mile interval run:7

Got a ton of things to catch up on so no time for personals:( I have to go into work for a couple of hours to work on the schedule, then shopping, laundry, etc,etc,etc,etc.

Have a great day cheetahs!

ShellyC

when I get a chance I'll post more race/cheetah gtg pics.

Good Afternoon cheetahs,

cathy- you are getting in some good workouts.

wendy- actually i used to like step alot. now not so much anymore. every now and then i may do something like an imax. your tat looks awesome!!! i have one tat on my thigh. i had thought about getting another one when my first ds was born, glad i didn't because i would have had to get another one when ds #2 came along...lol

gayle- sounds like you are enjoying your pb2 or is that an understatement, lol.

heather- you are going to be happily enabled around here.

shelley- i sooo want all body attack. just gotta wait a little while longer since i just purchased my spin shoes and cleats.lol. have fun breaking in your new sneakers!!!

carole- thanks girl!! i really want to get a garmin. have you heard of this www.actitrainer.com? if so what do you think?

this morning i had 6 people attend my early morning class. funny how things happen, right now i am battling a cold so i am not sure if i will workout or just try to rest since my 10k is this saturday, when i woke up this morning i felt awful and didn't want to get out of bed once i got to the y the energy just kicked in!! i've said it before and will say it again, nothing like enjoying what you do for a living...lol

i just got a pc at the YMCA job so i am checking in from there. wooohooo!!

ttyl...

Wendy: I hope the visit to the zoo was nice. Is the zoo where you live nice? If its' not and not small, it "can" be a not-so-pleasant experience. I hope that wasn't the case for you. DHs can mean sooo well in lots of things except diet, don't you think (ref: OB)? I can't wait to get the new order. Between that and BBC (hmmmm.....haven't received it yet after I got a notice it was shipped - I'll have to check on that), I'm going to barely have enough energy to type on this forum! LOL!!! :D

Carole: I think I'll talk to my DH tonight about ordering a Garmin. I think it would be invaluable and really help in achieving my goals. Who knows? He may order one, too! Thanks for telling me about the 305. I know he'll initially think it's a GPS, be confused, and wonder why I need to know how to get around our neighborhood or a asphalt path in the park! :D

Jess: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's father. And her mother a few years back, too! Your friend has certainly been thru a lot. As prepared as you try to be, it's not always totally the case. I hope she and her family (along with yours) will be alright. My thoughts are with everyone.

Gayle: I'm looking forward to having PB2. I found my delivery last night when I got home (late) and didn't have time to try it out. This a.m. I got up just time to pack my meals for the day and get ready for work. Tomorrow I'm off from work, so I'll check it out. I'm looking foward to trying it! You'll get a full report tomorrow!

Marcia: Funeral.....for your friend and her daughter? It's just so tragic. My thoughts are with everyone, as well.

Shelly: I have the 2120s, as well. Paid $76 for them. I know they usually run in the mid 90s. Was yours an expo price, or is there a website I can visit?

It's a good day at work - will be a great day running! Even in the humidity!

Cheers -

Hey cheetahs :)

Wendy :: OK, I have to go back and read that thread as well as that particular chapter in Edwards’ book…I can’t see how walking more than running would be a better fatburner?? Even the slowest jog kept me just above the “temperate” zone…That bloomin’ onion is dangerous for me. I could make a meal out of it all by myself. This is day two of better eating/calorie restriction, and I am doing fairly well. I am avoiding the evil candy bin at work…I like the tat! Very original and cute!

Carole :: I never used to see deer on major roads, but NJ is getting so built up, they have nowhere to go. It is scary in terms of driving. You constantly see their carcasses on the roadside anymore.

Gayle :: lost it when I read about the rose after Miracle Gro. Too funny! Good luck finding that check!

Marcia :: I have the Polar F6. I bought it b/c I was intrigued by the idea of HR training and also wanted to see a better estimate of calorie burn than what I was seeing on FitDay. I have gotten away from journaling and finally got back to it this week. If WW keeps you in line and it works for you, then go for it!

Forrest, er, I mean, Shelly :: glad you & DH are safely back home and you are getting back to routine…with new kicks waiting for you – woo-hoo! :)…All Body Attack is one I eyeballed recently, but I’m forgetting what type of workout it is – step?

Sunny :: what is the tat on your leg? That’s great that you’re nipping that cold right in the bud. I love when you can mentally override it like that!

Hi Heather & Jess.

OK, kickin’ back a bit and then L&G it is. I haven’t done that one in a while.
Cathy

Sunny: I forgot to answer yesterday's question about when my first race was. I am doing the Baltimore Marathon on 13 October. However, I'm not running it, but I'm going to Powerwalk the Half-Marathon with my husband. I actually was going to walk the Marathon (full), but now my DH wants to do it with me. I almost fell over! He only wanted to do the Half, though. I don't see him much, so if he wants to do something like this with me I'm all for it. I've been trying to register, but I get a $5 discount being military and there is a problem with the the code being expired. The issue is currently being worked. I'm pretty excited. Even though it's a walk which I have to completed in 5 1/2 hours, it will be fun. Right now, I'm at 1:16 for 5 miles.

Although I really enjoy powerwalking, I am glad I've discovered I like running. It's doing wonders for slimming my legs and I like that my DH is noticing! Plus, it's something he likes to do, too (just not run a HM!)

There are several 5Ks around the area that I found on a Maryland running site. I think I'm going to try for one or two in September.

OK, L&G didn't quite happen as planned. I decided to do the standing premix (39 min.) but my DVD player froze at about the 25th minute. It is a relatively new machine but is apparently temperamental. None of the buttons on the remote or the actual player would respond - incl. the eject button. After about 10 minutes of fighting with it, I finally did get the DVD out. Whew! Decided at that point to call it a day. I'm finding that my back is still a little sore from Sunday's fender bender and I'm thinkin' I did enough for today, esp. with some of the moves like the dead lifts. I felt those.

Ya know, it didn't seem like that big deal of a crash to give me any pain, but I realized later on that I had a Rubbermaid container full of textbooks sitting in my backseat right behind me, and that must've given me an extra whack. I just remember when she hit me, I got a good enough jolt that I thought someone must've crashed into *her* at a good clip.

Anyway, I don't mean to go on - I don't think it's serious at all, but I'm just being careful. My back has been a little funky lately as it is. And in my experience, these little fender benders can be tricky. Years ago, I was hit from behind in a traffic circle - again, it was not high-speed and didn't seem serious, but surprisingly, it wound up giving me some nagging back issues for a time. Better to err on the side of caution, I say.

Heather :: I have a feeling you are going to wind up wanting to run that HM! :)

~Cathy :)

Hey Ladies!

I'm home now...It was a nice, long, hot, tiring but fun day. We did the zoo, had lunch there, came home and vegged while DS napped and then went outside for an hour while DS romped around in the kiddie pool in my mom's backyard. I am exhausted and I am sure DS will sleep like a rock tonight as well!:)

Heather: Thanks re: my tat design. I have one on my hip that says BAD }( and one on my tush that is a rose vine w/a butterfly on it. :) While I was at the tat shop waiting to talk to the guy I was looking through the flash and saw 2 tats...one said "FOXY" and one said "BABE". I considered having them both tattooed on my other hip! LOL Who knows...I may just do it down the line! }(
As far as the PB2 goes, I enjoy it most in my protein shakes but I've also eaten it on a ww bagel and as a pb sandwich with ww bread. Both are yummy. I prefer the taste of regular natural p/b but the pb2 is still good and worth it to a peanutbutter lover for the cal and fat difference!:9

Carole: The tat is going on my lower back, thus the term "tramp stamp"! LOL I am very excited about it!}( How was B&G today? What step work out did you decide on?

Jess: I hope Allison loves her new doll! Sorry about your friend's loss. How sad.

Gayle: Glad you are happy with the PB2. It really is good just a tad sweeter then the regular stuff. I had grown so accustomed to the NOT sweet flavor a regular nat p/b that this seemed a little too sweet to me but nothing I can't get used to. A tramp stamp is a lower back tattoo!}(

Marcia: Good job on the HM training. I don't envy you having to go to that double wake tonight. ICK. How awful!:-(

Shelly: Glad you made it home safe with no delays. Relaxing in a hot tub sounds like a glorious thing to do after the race! Good for you! It was soooo great to meet you and your hubby! You are such a doll. Can't wait till we meet again on the RT!}(

Sunny: It is sooo great that your new career(s) are all kicking in and working out so well for you! I hope I do HALF as well as you are doing! Thanks re: the tat. I'm super excited to get it done though not looking forward to the healing proccess. I dare say it's worse then getting it done!x( My original tat design idea incorporated my son's name and birthdate on it but it was going to be a tat of a guardian angel holding a baby and I didn't want it to be misconstrued that my son had passed. I just thought it would be nice to have the image of someone "watching over him" but I nixxed it as I really didn't want that misunderstanding. The angel I had picked is perfect for a lower back tat though so I considered just getting it done anyway w/o having DS' name or anything on it but as I continued to look and ended up putting this together I nixxed that too.

Cathy: You know now that I think of it...I think Ima was referring to keeping your HR lower as a good way to train to run FASTER. I highly doubt she is concerned about fat loss at this stage of the game so maybe I am incorrect on the walking thing for fat loss. I know a lower heart rate burns more fat per calorie or something like that but a higher heart rate burns more cals overall so the overall fat burn is higher. ACK...it's all so confusing, isn't it!? LOL

Hi Cheetahs!

Quick post here. Exhausted and ready to go to bed. I have two more days and I'll be heading home on Thursday.

Got in a quick two mile run this morning and did iStrength #8 Chest and Back section. Hoping to sneak another run in tomorrow morning. DD lives in a great neighborhood with lots of good hills to train on.

Have a good night!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.