Cheetahs Saturday 1/13

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
OMG I beat Cathy to the first post! Holy cow!!!:7 :7 :7 :p

I'd better actaully hit "post" before she comes in and beats me to it!

I'll be back in a minute w/any personals or "babble" I feel compelled to share!;)

Okay, I'm back...now that I know I've secured my position as THE FIRST POSTER, I can relax.:p

I'm not sore from Legs and Back at this point. :-( I really thought I would be! Maybe it'll crop up later...that has happened before!

I am off to the gym for a TM run today in lieu of Kenpo X. DH was supposed to go to but he's working some glorious O/T today. It's a beautiful thing because the last 2 months have been KILLER between unpaid holidays, sick time, etc...half of his paychecks have been less then half of his normal take home!:eek: We could use the extra cash right now!!! DH makes a good living but he does not get paid when he is not there and that can make it uber tough-no paid holidays, no paid sick time, no paid vacation time!x(

Anywho, I charged up my IPOD overnight. It went dead on me last weekend and we all know how awful TM running is w/o the ol' music in the ear!:)

No personals to do really...I'll be back later for that.

Wow. Sorry--I'm not actually *trying* to be the first to post. It just works out that way a lot of days, it seems. Hey, I'm just a nut who likes to wake up early. But anyway, duly noted.

Today I've got a run plus GS BSB planned. And I should try to do CM-2, which I blew off yesterday. I limited myself to 3 Corona Lights last night and did not gorge on ANY bar food that was in front of me(where is the little smiley wearing a halo?), so I should be all right for a full-intensity workout.

I'm going to do a little more research on the T-shirt idea and repost about that shortly.

Have a GREAT Saturday, all!
Cathy :)

Hey Cathy, there you are!:)
Oh girl, please don't stop posting first on my account...I was only busting chops my friend! :+ You ARE a nut btw...when I was childless I would get up by about 8 on weekends usually but not 6-7 am like you do! You are on the schedule I am on NOW but it appears you get up even EARLIER still! What's gonna happen if/when you were ever to have kids? You'd be up at 4am every day! LOL :p

ETA: How could I forget...so you did the LB premix!? YEAY! You liked it, I gather? How do your legs and butt feel today? }(

Good Morning Cheetahs or is it?
I was up practically every hour on the hour last night. DS caught my cold and was coughing so much that he kept throwing up. Finally he is sleeping peacefully. I can't get back to sleep though. I just pop up at 6 every morning no matter what. So I am drinking some coffee and thought I'd get on the pc for a bit that is before I start laundry! I swear every blanket and sheet is now dirty in my house, DS's getting sick, even though I had a towel. Sorry to bit@h girls but I can't say anything to him. It breaks my heart when he's sick.
Ok enough moaning.
My legs and butt are moaning. I did B&G and a TM run yesterday. All of B@G except for the on all 4's part. I did that with tae bo the day before and since I absolutely hate those exercises I cut em out! Ok I'll be back later on for personals. Don't know what w/out I will do today. I will see how tired I am later on.
LD

OK, reposting about the cheetah t-shirts for anyone who has not gone through yesterday's (very long) thread...

Karen posted a link to some T-shirts already made: www.runningdivas.com. I *really* like the simple style of those, but to be honest, I'm just not that crazy about the expressions on the front. For example, I couldn't see myself wearing a shirt that says "running diva" on the front and "flaunt it" on the back. It's sorta like those sweatpants my students like to wear. The ones w/ a saying on the butt. I can't imagine going around with "hottie" on my derriere. My view is - if you have to *tell* people you're a hottie on your clothing, then you're probably not a hottie. *lol* (Mine would probably have to say: Caution! Wide load!) haa.

Another idea is that if we do have enough interested cheetahs, we could have our own T's custom printed. If we went with a wicking fabric and had about 15 cheetahs ordering, we could have them done for about $20 a pop plus a couple of bucks extra for shipping. Regular cotton t-shirts would be a little cheaper. Below are some cheetah clip art samples:

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahrunner.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetah2.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetah3.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahbw.jpg

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahsbw2.jpg

Thoughts? Like any of these?

If we did do shirts, what would be our "logo?"

Wendy ::: it’s too early to bust chops…you already busted my ASS yesterday with that horrid B&G blast premix. Did you get a chance to read my post from last night? I was wondering what it is you have against me for punishing me like that!!) :p :) Well, now I know! It’s this posting-first business. Really, it’s all yours. *lol* I forgot to add earlier: have a great TM run today w/ your fully charged iPod! Oh, and I have a feeling major DOMS will be setting in soon. Thanks again, girlfriend!

LD ::: sorry about the sleepless night & DH’s nasty bug. You have license to moan. I hope he's better when he wakes up. B&G plus a TM run yesterday? You rock!! That ain’t no easy feat. I know what you mean—I hate floorwork where you’re on all fours like that. I always feel ridiculous. It seems so very 80s-aerobics-ish.

hey funny cheetahs....

i don't think i am going to workout today unless the urge hits me later on tonight. this morning me and dh are going in for our first aid training and then going to look at cars. we want to buy another car.

wendy- no DOMS yet? just you wait. when i did that workout i didn't even think i would get DOMS but i did:D have fun with your TM workout today.

cathy- i've been a lost cheetah and not up to date at all. please fill me in on the t-shirts. are we getting cheetah t-shirts?!

ld- sorry about the sleepless nights. i was going thru that last week. i hope dh feels better today.

also- i did not get the assoc. dir. position at the ymca. i spoke with the director yesterday (she's so nice, we even have the same name, Dee Dee) however she told me she and the other interviewers loved me, she was really hoping it could work out. however i need more of a fitness background and a nationally accredited pt cert. she is actually re-posting the postion because none of the candidates had everything they were looking for. i am not down about it, i know there are better things coming to me in my future.

have a wonderful day to all my cheetah friends:)

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Today is my rest day. I happen to get another hour of yoga before bed and slept like a baby. It could also be that it is raining so that always helps.

Sunny- We just were thinking we could get some shirts so that we could have our own little cheetah group with our own logo. This way we would be part of a group and know that the shirts stood for us cheetahs.

Cathy I like the third cheetah. As far as the other shirts on running diva I like the tank tops style myself. I personally hate the title diva as well but I do like the saying calm, breathe and race. Flaut it I could do without but I do like the front saying. To bad we can't just get that saying and the picture of a cheetah.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Sunny ::: sorry it didn’t work out with the Y. But I fully agree with your attitude as I believe we always wind up in the place we are meant to be. Happy car shopping! What are you leaning toward? The shirts idea came up a while back, but we never did anything w/ it…Now Karen’s brought it up again for consideration. Personally, I think it’d be great to have a cheetahs shirt. The Coolmax/DriFit shirts are usually in the $20-$25 range, anyway, so in my view, I wouldn’t mind spending that. Just trying to put the feelers out there and see if other cheetahs are interested.

Karen ::: I like the third cheetah, too. That one and the goofy runner one would be my picks. Enjoy your rest day!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy....too much coffee?...!!...:)..:)...j/k...I thought you'd be sore too. Maybe later...Those jobs without sick or holiday pay are tough. Mine is like that but my DH does get paid for sick and holidays. Glad your DH is getting in some OT! Enjoy your TM run.

Cathy...I have always been an early bird nut...:)...this is the closest I could find for you...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/angel19.gif[/img] I still like the 1st 2 cheetahs the best. I will try to think of a slogan today.

LD...sorry about your DS! There is so much stuff going around...hope he is better soon.

Sunny...have fun car shopping. Sorry about the job...:(...I am glad she explained it to you...

Karen..enjoy your rest day.

I am thinking about some kickboxing for today. I'd like to work my bi's, tris and abs too.

Have a good day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! I got up & did the upper body split of ME. I hadn't done it yet & it sounded like a goodie- it was!! I've decided to stop the Jan rotation I was doing since joining the gym. I'm going to have to re-evaluate & figure out a new rotation to add in the swimming & I think I'm going to start taking a spin class at least once a week!! Oh, the possibilities... I'm so excited!!

Off to do some cleaning & then later on the girls & I are going to see Charlotte's Web. It's Greg's *guys weekend*, he went hunting y'day & went to a big gun show today. He looks forward to this weekend every year, it usually works out to be the weekend after his bday so it's kind of a *belated* present. ;-) We'll see how the weather is though, we're supposed to get some freezing rain later.

Have a great Saturday!!

Good morning ladies,
I have to report that I just had the best glazed donut of my life, okay, I had two. They were so YUMMY!!!!! It is a good thing that I have a good workout planned:)

Well, I survived the sleepover. It was actually not too bad. The two little ones crawled into bed around 8:30 and the two oldest were down my 9:30. So, it was pretty tolerable. My daughter got a beautiful pedicure. It is blue polish with white flowers on the big toe. It was cute to see them being pampered.

I am going to do butts and gutts and muscle max upper body today. It should be a good workout. I am sticking to my 4 days of cardio only and it is working pretty well for me. I am dying to try to run a mile or so becuause I do feel better, but I am going to wait until the pt says it is okay.

Well, I am off to clean this terrible messy house and then get to working out. I will be back for personals later.

Cathy, I like the shirt you just posted. Hopefully I will be a true cheetah up and running by the time we get them}(

Have a great day gals!

Susan

cute cheetahs girls!! are you thinking of slogans to go with them? Those will be cute shirts. I agree about the diva thing. I am not big on that saying either. I dont know about you guys but when I run I am at peace and feel free. maybe you could say cheetahs "free your mind" I dont know though, I have never been a good one for coming up with things that sound good. I just know when I run It is the most non stressful,peaceful and mind releasing thing I could do for myself. I taught bootcamp this morning, 3rd time this week. Man I kicked my own butt. I ran yesterday but only 3.5 miles, my endurance with running is definately down. I have to make sure I get two days at least in of running. I am barely getting one in and my stomach reminds me of that. when I decrease my running, my belly grows and when I increase my running it shrinks in size. I experience this every winter.:( hope you all have a nice weekend. I have to work tomorrow morning. bummer!!

Oh boy, DOMS is startin’ to kick in. (I have Wendy to curse, er, I mean THANK for that!) ;-) :) I have not run yet. Ran out to do some early-morning errands, ate lunch, and am now hankering for a nap. It’s kinda dreary out there, so I’m aiming for a later-afternoon w/out.

Carole :: thanks for the angel! :) I feel like I could go on a feeding frenzy today…I think it best I *not* go out to watch the Eagles game! Glad you like the shirt idea…I could not get the goofy runner cheetah to resize without the image getting blurred and warped. Hope you enjoyed a good k’boxing session as well as bi’s, tri’s, and abs.

Karen :: I’m glad you like the design, too. :) Let’s all brainstorm some slogans and then we can vote and get this thing going. If we are shy of having fifteen people, I wouldn’t mind ordering two. You can never have enough workout shirts, and a cheetah one would definitely inspire me to work hard!

Jess :: glad you enjoyed the upper body split. I have only done ME in its entirety, and I do agree, it’s a good one!

Susan :: lol about the donut. Enjoy B&G and MM. Sounds like a great way to burn ‘em off! Glad the sleepover went well. The pedicure idea was cute. And lucky you—they zonked out early.

Laura :: I was wondering where you’d gotten off to…good to see you back. Boot camp 3x??? Man, that’s tough! Here is what your saying might look like on the shirt.

http://mylalclass.com/cheetahfreelogo.jpg

Other ideas? I can post them as they come along.

Wendy- you are consistantly early on all your posts!

LD- I hope yo can catch a few winks this afternoon

Sunny ~Dee Dee~ - how was car shopping?

Karen- an hour of yoga before bed sounds heavenly

Carole- Which KB did you go with? KB wo's always gets my back muscles really good.

Jes- nice Saturday plans. ME UB is a favorite, and it is time efficient

Susan- your sleep over sounds sweet.

Or DD, age 15, had 3 girls over last night and they were up playing pool until past 2am. The problem is the pool table is below our MBR. GRRR.. we had to ask them to quiet down more than once. Of course DD is now napping... At least I knew where they were and they were not doing anything wrong..

Laura-I agree about running helping to keep 'ab fat' at bay.

DH is on TM now and then I will take a turn an perhaps do some Kick Max Leg drills, some abs and a long stretch or short yoga...

DH and 2 DS and DD(age 15) are off to a Sabres game in Buffalo. I am staying back to get DD age 21 from airport. the two of us will have a no agenda evening at home.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.