::::CHEETAHS:::: Running strong on Thursday 09/04

trooper15

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! Having a pretty nice nite at work and thought I'd open it up today.

BB in a bit

Hiya! After tonight it's only 4 more nights until I'm thru with Philly:D:D
This has been a learning experience and all in all pretty good, but I am quite ready to be done with this and settle down again! I did my usual long drive back yesterday and got in a good workout with AllBodyAttack.
The day before I did a step back on my long run and did 9 miles of country roads around my new home:D. I'm on a strange schedule for my last week here, one night off , one on, two on, one off... etc.:eek: Hopefully I'll survive okay.

Wendy- Congratulations on your 5k PR!!!!!! I knew you had it in you!
Big day for your little guy today eh? I think it will be more stressful on you though!

Judy- The hospital did end up giving me a pretty good offer on salary plus there is a nice sign on bonus! They should be thru soon with the background check and I'll have the official word. No serious offers yet on our Az property unfortunately. It's a stagnated market there like almost everywhere else (sigh) Sorry to hear about your ongoing foot issues... hopefully the new shoes will help... what kind did you get?

Carole- An eventful week for your family!!! Glad your Moms surgery went smoothly. I guess it's to be expected that she's be pretty cranky since she is used to being so independent. It's a difficult transition for her.
Hopefully the move to the rehab center will be helpful. Glad to hear you are still finding the time for your own workouts!

Wendi- I've registered officially for the Philly Marathon Nov. 23rd. Did you sign up for the half?

Jackie- You inspired me to do ABA yesterday! How is the computer in the new office?

Gloria- how was the first day of school?

Posh- Congrats on a successful long run even with the wardrobe malfunction! Definitely looking forward to seeing some pics of your Maui race!!!!!

Christine- I was curious what you felt about Amy's KB ab workout! I really liked it but didn't have any kettlebell workouts to compare it too.
I'm also not sure about the heavy bag workout but really like the drill section.

Linda- Things settled down yet from your whirlwind weekend?

Karen- Oh my, it does sound like your being tested lately! One thing after another you poor dear! I hope things ease off some for you soon!

Time to get busy here. I'll be doing a TM run when I get up for my nap- will probably go for 4-5 miles. Later I'll be doing ASC3- almost got that down pretty well now, and some core work.

tata

Cathy- I almost forgot you!! (How could I??) I meant to say I really got a kick out of that BBQ pic with the dip stealing pooch!!. Isn't school starting for you again soon? It'll be hard to be getting in those runs soon.

Good morning, everyone~ :)

Wendy :: looks like Sunday is expected to be dry--am hoping it stays that way. I enjoy shorter runs in the rain, but it poured during my entire half, and I must say, that was not fun. Hope Joey enjoyed meeting his teachers yesterday and has a great first official day of pre-school today!

Judy :: Congrats to DD23! How exciting! She is really climbing that ladder quickly...glad the tennis ball treatment is working for you...My first migraines were so debilitating, I couldn't do anything but lie down in darkness. I'm lucky that, over time, I learned just what to do for it, so now I usually can bounce back quickly enough that I can function OK and even be productive. I did get done everything I needed to yesterday.

Christine ::still no baby as of last night....I was thinking of shooting for 21-22 for my last long run, but I'll see how 20 goes. I might just do another 20. How was the shower? Feeling better today?

Carole :: Sorry to hear about DM's bladder infection and her resistance tot the doctors...I hope she comes around a bit. Have to agree with Christine on the dysfunction. Other than raisins and banana chips, I haven't tried any other dried fruit, so I'll be curious. If it doesn't taste good, though, forget it. I'll keep my F. *lol*

Karen :: sorry your TV bit the dust. :( IA with Judy--you are due for some serious good luck now.

Linda :: Your post was too funny. I stuck with the Sharkies when I tried the Nuun. That's a great idea about the packets. I'll have to go check out those shorts. Hope you enjoyed your run last night.

Jackie :: how often do you have to travel between offices? Or is this a permanent change? 30 miles is a hike.

Yesterday, I worked a little later and indeed opted for rest. Could've pushed it, but between a busy two days and the migraine, I decided to go gentle. Nodded off in the middle of Nancy Grace, so I think my body thanked me on that one. *lol* Back-to-school time gets crazy, and it is likely to be that way for a few weeks, so right now my only concern is keeping up with the mileage.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hiya ladies!

Super speedy fly by as I've been up to my eyeballs between getting the house in order and work.

Just wanted to tell Shelly that, YES, I will be doing the Philly half, but have not a chance to sign up. I will try right now.

Enjoy some awesome runs for me ladies!

Good Morning Cheetah Girls. :)

Wendi: A half in Philly? WHEN!?!?! I would love it if the timing is such that I can join! :D

Shelly: Are you going to do the Philly half too?? :)

Cathy: Don't blame you for takin' it easy. Do what ya can but with school startin' again I have no doubt your time is much more limited and your priorities need to change. With the marathon not all too far off, even if you have to let the weights go by the way-side for a while it shouldn't impact you much. After the marathon you probably won't want to run again for 6 months anyway so that will leave plenty of time to catch up on the weight lifting! LOL :p Yeah, I saw the weather this morning-long run on Sunday for sure! :) Joey was a bit nervous at first when we were walking into his classroom y'day. He played shy. He made me pick him up and he had his head burried in my neck for a few minutes. Once he let me put him down and he started exploring everything changed! He wanted to play with all of the toys and was asking the teachers 1000 questions! LOL When it was time to go he cried. He didn't wanna leave!!!!!:D Hopefully this is a good sign for this morning's drop off! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Judy: Wow, you have your hands full with kids goin' back to school and YAY for DD23. That's awesome! Congratulate her Cheetah style! :) So I tried to charge our digital camera but no go. Charger is busted or battery is no good. In any case, that means no camera. ACK. It's okay though. We will pick up a new one in the next day or two and I'll take the pic the following school morning. Better late then never right?

Jackie: I never actually confirmed it but they had BF's mom taken off of all meds but saline and morphine so I have to imagine it was done once all expected family had arrived. Good job with the pyramids work out y'day!

Linda: My 18 miler is the same day as Cathy's marathon thus the reason I will not be able to go to Chicago to cheer her on and visit with the Cheetah crew that WILL be there. I have never heard of Soark.com but I was looking for running shorts with pockets so I will have to head over to that site myself! Thanks. :)

Karen: Sorry about your tv. That stinks. Yeah, I am still in shock that my baby is starting school today. OMG, I hope I don't cry! :(

Christine: ITA with what you said about the bag work in Rumble. I would love to have room for a heavy bag in my house. Sounds like lots of fun! :)
I did good again y'day with food. Again, weight control area all A's and got a B over all for the day. How did you do?

Carole: I hope your mom's bladder infection clears up quick. Was she successfully moved to a rehab y'day? Thanks re the side stitch info. I HATE them! :(

I think I got everyone. Time to feed DS breakfast! BBL!

Good morning!

Shelly - Are you going to miss Philly? Good job on ABA and the 9 mile run the day before! I love running on country roads! There are too few of them around!!

Wendy - That's right! I can't beleive that I forgot when your race was! I remember now! :0 Sometimes I worry about me and my "Senior Moments" :( I will let you know what I think of the shorts!

cathy - I am glad you got some rest! I watched Nancy Grace last night, too. I made it til the end, for once ;) Do you get the Sharkies online, too?

Wendi - How cool you will be doing the Phily half!

Last night I ended up doing the Lower Body premix of MM and ran 6 miles. I also did the abs from MM.

I "plan" to run tonight. HOpefully, I will stick to the plan! ;)

Hi to everyone! I am sure others have popped in while I was typing my post!!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I do agree about Christine's dysfunction comment! Yesterday turned out a bit better for Mom. The dried apricots are good. I have not tried much dried fruit either besides raisins. The banana chips are nasty IMO! I think rest was a good idea for you yesterday. You are great at listening to your body.

Wendy..I hate those pesky side stitches too. Mom did not get to the re-hab facility yesterday, hopefully she will get there today.

Christine...your comment yesterday "dysfunctional is more the normal than non dysfunctional" seems so darn true!! Glad you are enjoying Rumble. LOL too many steps and that bad guy would have you down on the ground!

Karen...that right Football starts tonight!!! So sorry about your TV...:(...I would feel like I was being tested too!! As far as Mom, yesterday was a better day...:)

Linda...I have not heard about Soark.com? I did used to order a lot from Road Runner, but now I find most of the stuff online a lot cheaper than their prices. Those sound like nice shorts, let us know how you like them when you get them. I will also check out that site. Good job with MM lower and 6 miles last night.

Jackie...I did have a good run yesterday. I feel like it is starting to be "fun" again! Good job with the PUB/PLB combo! 55 for LB is awesome.

Judy..congrats to your DD23!

Shelly...glad you will be done with Philly soon and get to settle down somewhat. Good job getting in your workouts too with your busy schedule. You got my Mom right on the nose about being independent and cranky as it has been taken away from her. Working out for me is so helpful during this time with family issues and Mom...:)

Update on Mom. They ended up not moving her to the re-hab place yesterday. For some reason they gave her some Adivan (sp) at 5 AM, and that confused the hell out of her. I went to the hospital about 2 PM and met Karen. We had a nice talk with the nurse and got some drug issues straightened out. Mom seemed in a much better mood when I got there, I think the Adivan had worn off thankfully. Her bladder infection is clearing up and she was not nearly as agitated as the previous day (which I missed). Hopefully she will move today.

I am doing legwork, abs from yesterday and probably 40 min on my EXT. I am amazed that I got a 4.0 GPA the last 2 days!!!! I think I could be learning something...
yahoo.gif

Have a great day...:)

Carole - I am glad your mom is having some improvement! Where do you order you stuff from? I usually just order from RRS since I am familiar with them....but am definitely open to suggestions! I just don't really know of any other sites. I did order some Gu2o from REI this morning. I have never used them before. I know they are reputable, though. :) Enjoy your workout! Sounds really good! Wow! You are doing awesome in the nutrition!

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy - Nice modifications with your workout yesterday. Love the ankle weight work in LG. Glad you enjoyed your yoga. Congratulations to DD on her promotion!! Woo Hoo!! Know you are so proud. Will you let us know when the first show will be aired?

Shelly - Look at you getting back into the swing of things! ;) Nice to have those country roads for running! Good job on the 9 miles. Congratulations on nabbing that job with the BONUS!! That ABA is a killer workout! I work out of 2 offices and today I'm in my home office. I won't go back to the other office until Monday. Hopefully they will have all my files migrated when I get there. Enjoy your workout.

Cathy - Tell that baby to get here already! :D I work at my home office on Tuesday and Thursday and every other Friday. I work in the other office every Mon & Wed and every other Friday. These are the days I work with my boss. Sometimes I get tired of the drive but I do get reimbursed for mileage. Otherwise, I wouldn't go. Glad you decided to go easy on yourself yesterday. Were the kiddies excited? Hope you can get the mileage in as needed.

Wendi - When will the family get there?

Wendy - Joey is just pretending to be shy!:p Didn't take much to uncover the fake, huh? :D Can't wait to hear how it goes for him today. What's the workout for the day?

Linda - I have a lot of those "senior moments" things. :D Sometimes I have to start all over again to remember what I was going to do. Have a good run.

Carole - Happy to read that running is becoming fun for you again. Think you'll do a race anytime soon? Glad your mom had a better day after the meds wore off. You're going to graduate magna cum laude if you keep getting all those good GPA's! :D Enjoy your workout!

I did iTread #16 iTri Sprints and Yoga Relax. Feel like my running is getting better since my hamstrings don't bother me. I'm finally able to touch the floor again without pain. Gradually easing back into the miles.

Have an awesome day!

Jackie - I am glad someone besides me is doing the Senior Moments thing! ;) Good job on your iTread and yoga! I am glad your hamstrings are feeling better! That sure does make a big difference! :)

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

Shelly – 4 MORE DAYS!!! Yeah! I’ll bet you are ready to stop the long commute! It was great for a while, now you need something different. Amy’s KB ab workout is different, but I like it too. I like how it hits different parts of the core, but Amy’s always been good at that. The froggy planks had my HR way up there! :p I still have not tried ASC3, can you believe it?

Cathy – No baby yet? Wow! But Anna was almost 2 weeks late, so I know the feeling. Hope you get your mileage in there. The shower was fun! It was a total surprise and she got some nice things. Everyone loved the little story and the stuff. We had a good time.

Wendi – Hey there! Nice seeing you! Hope the cleaning goes well and work of course!

Wendy – oh wouldn’t it be fun to run a half with Wendi and Shelly?! Wow! I’m doing good. The bloat is slowly dropping off! Glad to hear you’re doing the same!!

Linda – Wow – nice workout last night!! Honey I have senior moments too – although I’m only 44 so I call them blonde moments. :D

Carole – oh, I’m glad to hear your mom is doing better!! That’s bad about the drugs, though. I’ll keep my fingers crossed about the move! WAY TO GO on the 4.0!!! WOW lady!!! As for families and dysfunctionalism (not a word, but hey), yeah, people are interesting.

Jackie – I call them blonde moments… :p I also sometimes have to literally “Stop, rewind and play”. :rolleyes: Glad your running is better and your hamstrings are not bothering you!!

I ended up doing Spinervals Mental Toughness today. I needed it. I did not sleep enough – between work issues (which have been resolved), and the speeches last night I was all riled up. I have a clothing party to go to tonight. It’s a designer line that is only available through these parties. Some of the clothes are cute. We’ll see. Have a great day all!

Hi girls just trying to find some computer time. It gets less and less in the fall. Today was an easy 3 mile run. Tomorrow is my long run so I'm praying for some cool air.

TV 101- Never tell you dh to pick what he likes. I must say the Tv we got is awesome but still LARGE. We had a 44 " projection and now we have a 46' LCD. We went out last night and got it and $1600 later he has football for tonight. You would have to know my husband to know how he loves football. He is one of four boys and as soon as Aug hits it's nothing but constant phone calls from the family about sports. Heck all year it's one thing after another. Basketball, Baseball. He is lucky I like sports but I find it ironic that he has all girls.:p But I do love football so I guess I'm to blame for the tv too.

Mom- Mom is back from the doctor again. They are saying that it is not spasms and is kidney stones on the right and left side. They sent her back home again with differnt pain meds. If nothing by Monday she will have another x-ray and maybe they will go up and get them. Her cancer doc is not giving her the IV meds she was scheduled for today until her kidney stones are gone. She is taking meds orally and her doc said she can skip the IV because the oral meds are more benefical for her. The IV is a coctail of vitamins to streghten the bones that the oral meds are killing with cancer.

I'm off to sewing class. Hope to be back for personals.

Hey Girls.

Busy day today. It's amazing how busy all of the new-found "free time" made me! LOL I left the house just after 8am. By the time I got to settled at school and was headed back to my car it was 8:30. I start work at 9 so I just stopped my Dunkin to grab coffee and I was off. When my shift ended at noon I grabbed a quick turkey sandwich for lunch and was on a treamill by 12:30. I ran 2 miles and then headed home to squeeze in CTX chest/biceps/abs and a shower before it was time to pick DS up from school at 2:20.

He had a good first day. The teachers were telling other moms coming in about their kids being sad at nap time or how they got sad at the end of the day. In fact, a couple kids were crying when they opened the door to let us to get our children. Not Joey. He was happy as a clam and 2 teachers both told me he was no problem at all! LOL That's my boy...Mr. Social Butterfly!;) Ofcourse, we hardly got out the door and he started fighting with me and crying over holding a folder of important papers that the teacher was sending home. :( Thankfully he snapped out of it by the time we got home. :)

We are now going to be heading to my mom's for the weekly visit in about 45 minutes. It will be much shorter then usual since Joey's bed time is earlier now but it's better then not going at all...

I hope to get back here for personals tonight but if not then definately in the morning!

Kisshies and hugs to all!:D

Hi ladies!

Linda - I say we just have too much on our minds these days! Sounds good anyway. :D

Christine - Love the names of your Spinnervals workouts! Sorry you didn't sleep enough. Enjoy the clothing party. Maybe you'll find something.

Karen - Hope the pain meds work for your mom until kidney stones are gone. She's really have a go of it. ((((HUGS))))

Wendy - My how time flies when you're having fun. Glad Joey had a good day at school.

Sleep tight everyone!

Sad news....

My BF's mom passed away at 6:40 this evening. Bad news travels slowly. I just found out about 10 minutes ago...:(:(:(

I just texted BF with an attempt to make her smile/laugh and it worked.... I can go to sleep now knowing she's gonna be OKAY! :)

{{{{WENDY}}}} Good job at making her laugh. The grieving process is a strange one so be patient with her. I'll keep you, your BF and her mom is my thoughts and prayers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.