::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 12/11

Hey Jess! Sorry you have a sick DD. Stomach issues are the worst! YUCK! I hope she feels better FAST! So what work out did you decide on? Don't feel bad about having a hard time making up your mind....I do that all of the time!:7

Hi Jess! I was wondering where you've been. Hope DD feels better soon but more than that, I hope she doesn't pass it on to each of you one at a time!

Christine, I think I remember that you are following a rotation where you lift for one body part a day. Is it one of Cathe's or something homegrown or even something else? I'm thinking of trying a rotation along those lines.

I know!! I hate tummy bugs! I am thinking of a circuit, deciding between C & W or SJP. Hm....I honestly feel like taking a nap myself! I hope I'm not coming down w/ something.... better get to working out before I change my mind!! ;-)

Oh, me too!!! I HATE the stomach flu. Nothing worse than it, for sure!! So far she hasn't thrown up, but is coughing & complaining about her tummy. I'm almost wondering if it isn't sinus drainage that's making her tummy hurt, I get that way when I'm full of snot! She was running a 99.6 temp this morning. I hated to take her to the Dr. yet, we'll see how she's feeling later!

Jess - sending healing vibes to Kiersten! Poor thing! Nothing worse than an upset tummy! Hope she's feeling better really soon.

Elaine - I'm doing my own homegrown rotation. I take the five upper body workouts from the GS series and do each part one day a week. I add in two days of leg work, runs and other things. For example this week is (I was supposed to run this morning, but it was ICKY outside, so I subbed CK Drills and PlyoX - usually I run Monday, Wednesday and Saturday:

GS Chest, CK Drills, Plyo X (first 35 minutes)
L&G, KPC Abs and GS Tri's
Run, 10 min abs, GS Back
CTX All Step, GS Bi's
B&G Leg Blast Premix, GS Shoulders, MM Abs
BM Scrambled Eggs or run (leaving for Philly today)

Oh yeah! Cheetahs have been busy today! :) Brought home a bit of work with me, so I’m not sure if I will squeeze in B&G (or something else) later…I’m still playing by ear and may take today as a rest day. Will see. I am definitely feeling DOMS from SH yesterday. I actually feel it in my shoulder blades even though I did bi’s & tri’s, so I assume I did something wrong!

Wendy :: hope you had a good run + GS legs…Ah, I see…you really were trapped at the table, weren’t you?…that stinks! This morning I was cornered by a co-worker who likes to tell me all about his weekend Jesus missions (he’s very religious). I just can’t handle a whole lotta conversation on Monday morning. I know I’ve said this about your little guy before, but I just clicked on your avatar and love the shot of Joey in his Santa hat. You’ve got quite the photogenic son…he’s always smiling! Too cute.

Judy :: We missed you…hope you enjoyed your weekend… that does sound like a tasty AND healthy plan for today. I don’t know anything about ellipticals…sorry!

Laura :: I think that’s wise to aim for losing pounds AFTER the holidays…so, I’ll join you on that and, at this point, will make my goal just to break even.

Laurie :: yikes! Sorry the mice decimated your stocking! CRACKED UP about our South-of-the-Border men…I like the way you think! :) Hope you got in a great leg workout.

Carole :: thanks for checking on that…I know part of it has to do with body fat (mine is still too high), but I wondered if there were certain exercises to help with that. With a workout like that, there’s no way you qualify as a slug. Interesting how you break down the GS differently…how come, if I may ask?

LD :: great run! Hope you didn’t push too hard. Enjoy BM2. I have seen some of _Mean Girls_, but to tell you the truth, I don’t remember that much of it. Kids can definitely be nasty, but I’m lucky…I work in a district where the kids are still fairly sheltered and still polite! Discipline is rarely ever an issue. (It’s a far cry from my former district!) But then again, that's in the classroom...so much more goes on behind the scenes…

Elaine :: too bad about the lousy show! Our break is only 10 days long (that’s including the weekends). Three weeks would be FANTASTIC! Do your kids go back to school in August? I agree w/ the others that you should NOT be hard on yourself about today's 3 miler.

Susan :: Hope the party was a success, and you’re not too zapped afterward! Twenty-five five-year-olds *SOUNDS* exhausting. In fact, I think you might qualify as some kind of masochist. *ha ha* How was the PT appointment? Rats in the attic??? OMG! The weather might have something to do with it for me, but I have been on a downward spiral for about the last month…I think I give myself too much free reign with the holidays & social gatherings and such.

Christine :: tough workouts, nice going! I can see why the red flag might have gone up on Jerish’s new woman. You've gotta wonder about somebody who's so willing to change their life around so quickly...esp. when you have a three-year-old! Sounds fishy!

Jess :: boy, you’ve been running a sick ward over there lately, haven’tcha? Sorry to Kiersten’s got a bug. Lotsa germs going around my school. One of my students even has ringworm!

OK, I think that's everybody...I'm going to scare up an early dinner, then get to my schoolwork. Will be back.

-Cathy :)

OK, I did C & W, I like it & it goes by quickly!! I'll do some pilates in a bit too. I'm glad I got it done. We're just hanging out tonight which is nice! The weather is just yucky & dreary out, the rain has washed all of the snow away!

Well, my 7yo wants to work on her bday invitations, we've having a sleepover party a week from Friday!! My Mom is going to take the younger 2 so that will make things easier & more fun for Hannah!! And we'll be heading there for the holiday anyway.

Have a great night! OH, and I hate to jinx myself but I'm going for a run w/ my 2 friends early tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!!!! I hope to get in at least 2-3 miles pain-free!!

Christine: You are coming to Philly? What for? Nice rotation by the way!}(

Jess: Ooooh, a slumber party with a bunch of screaming girly girls! How fun is that!? LOL :p Hope the invitations turn out nice! Enjoy your run tmrw. I hope you are pain free!

Cathy: Thanks re Joey. Yes, I agree that he is quite the photogenic little guy. I don't know where he gets it from though! I hope you have a chance to squeeze in a work out tonight. So what did you "scare up" for dinner? I had to laugh at that expression. :7

Ack...Time to forge ahead with the laundry now that dinner is done. I did a couple loads already but there is plenty more to do! x(

Maybe I'll be back later but if not, have a great night and see y'all in the morning ofcourse!;)

Ciao Bellas!:*

Wendy - my sister Wendy lives in West Chester so DH, DD13 and I are visiting. DD17 has to work so will stay with friends. I'm leaving Saturday and returning on Wednesday of next week.

Cathy - I thing S&H Bi's and Tri's do work the shoulder well, too - everything kind of works together. The only thing I can think is that you may have gone too heavy so you worked your shoulders? I have to go down a bit for those ssslllloooowwwww reps. But I do like B&T!

Christine: I like your sister's name. ;) Enjoy your mini vacation!:) So in your avitar, which DD is which? I think I know but I am not sure!:)

Wait, Christine...I *totally* missed that you are coming to Philly...no way! I am so close!

Wendy :: I ate a German hot dog & some pasta...looks like a sewer next to Judy's menu, but ah well...Have not worked out yet...Am still slogging through some grading and am noticing how late it's getting...where does the time go?!!

Wendy - figured you might like her name... :+ Anna is the cute little blond (my Tomboy). Maja is the dark haired beauty (she's a good kid, but at 17 is chaffing at the bit - she's ready for college - not sure we are, though).

Cathy - I would love to meet up with some of you ladies on the East Coast - but I don't know when or where! Maybe some evening for drinks or something if we have a chance.

Cathy, I know-Where DOES the time go!? I mean my gosh, it's already Christmas! ACK! Time is FLYING and this is not necessarily a GOOD thing! LOL :eek: Your dinner sounds tastey btw. May not be healthy like Judy's, but scrumptious none-the-less!:9 I had marinated chicken cutlet, flavored rice and peas. It was so-so healthy and tastey enough!:7

I am actually hungry again so I'm off to get my normal after dinner snack of cereal. It's funny...when I eat at home my dinners are small and I snack afterwards. When I eat out (restaraunt or another person's house), I eat alot more and NEVER want a snack later in the night. I actually tend to eat TOO much when I'm out and much less healthy as well. x(

OK, I just finished B&G Standing Legs & Abs timesaver...glad I squeezed it in. Ooh, the burn.

...so, Wendy, now I'm hungry again, too...DOH! Yeah, I agree...Christmas has really snuck up this year. Your eating pattern sounds like mine! And I have been eating out way too much lately!

Christine :: let me know what your schedule looks like when you're in town ~ maybe we can work out drinks in the city! Chickie & Pete's is a great place to do wrong...beers, crab fries, wings, shrimp, etc. Well, you can see where my head is...clean eating? Ha!

All right, cheetahs...tty in the AM. GN!

-Cathy :)

elaine and LD- I also watched mean girls lastnight too.
cathy- yes, I figured with all that good food around me I would give in to temptation so after the holidays I will start,glad to have you start with me. maybe we can keep each other on track!! that workout you did sounds like a real hurtin!!

my lips are so wind chapped from yesterdays run. about 2 1/2 miles where against the wind and I knew then that they would be chapped today. gotta get the blistex out.

the director of the bootcamp classes was asking some of the people how things where going with me teaching. I think that is kind of funny, I have been teaching for 8 weeks now and she still is asking p;eople about my teaching. the one lady told her great, she also told the director that the three new instructors(me,my brother and the other girl) are by far the best instructors they have had. I said wow, what a compliment. the director said, yeah I have had other p;eople tell me things also. we found out today at work that another company is coming in to take over. the end of february is when we will be done. we do however have a chance to stay on with the new people. I will have to see what they offer. otherwise my company will just have me go to another one of our facitilies.

talk with you alll later!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.