::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Fri. the 13th

wendy- you are going to loooooooove your ipod!! dh bought me one for valentines day and to date it's one of my fave gifts!! so much better than my mp3 player. happy downloading:)

I am now thinking of getting a garmin, hehehe

Karen - have you done any long runs? Like 9/10 miles? If you have and have no issues with running that distance, I'd say go for it. But if you haven't, you could probably still do it, if you really listen to your body and are not afraid to walk parts of it. Most halves you have 4 hours to complete- you can walk all of it for that matter. If you're determined to run all of it, know that you are increasing you chance of injury and you will HURT the next day.

Jennifer - THANK YOU!!! I'm so blond!

Wendy - Oh, how exciting! You'll love it!! I just ran out of room on mine and had to rearrange things. x( But, that's okay...

Thank you for the advice Christine. I guess that is what I wanted to know. The longest run I did was 6 miles. I've only been running 3-4 times a week 4-5 miles each time. I did one 5K a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to chance injury. I just thought my aerobic capacity would enable me to do it, but maybe my legs would not. I think I will pass. I just wanted to run in another race this year. Up here in the cold, there is not as much chance to run anymore this year. Thanks again.

Karen, there are really three aspects to running as far as what needs to be built up in your body to be able to handle increased mileage. Aerobic capacity is one and you just might be able to handle a 1/2 with what you've got now. But there is also the muscular and skeletal systems that get stronger as you progressively build your base. I'd advise skipping this 1/2 unless you run part of it and walk the rest. Take your time building up and you'll reduce your risk of injury and have a better time too.

Hey Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
Lil cheetah back for a sec. I know it seems like a while since I've been here!! I missed you all ;(

Gettin internet at home next week. (I'm at the library lookin up info for a history project) and thought I would check in quick.

We decided to switch to satalite cuz its cheaper and of course since its cheaper it takes 10 thousand frikken years to get it installed }(}(}(

May be back tomorrow too.

Hi to everyone! I love you all:*:*:*:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey all -

Just got back from the gym - ended up doing a iTri workout - 15 min run, 15 min elliptical, 20 min bike, 20 min run. Did the first 15 minute run as Grace dictated and felt pretty good. Did the elliptical and bike and felt great, then got back on the treadmill and set my own pace and ran for another 10 minutes. I had had enough (especially after S&H Legs!) so I stopped. I'm proud of myself, though - last time I tried that one, I could not keep up even with the jogging pace on the treadmill, and when it came to the last run, I lasted about 5 minutes at a very slow run. Nice break from 1 hour of one machine!

Karen - Elaine explained it so much better than I did.

Elaine - I agree - and how are YOU feeling?!

Good morning lovely ladies!

This is the first time I have sat down since this morning. I was busy working in my daughters classroom and catching up with my girlfriends afterwards. I had a good workout. I did all of Cardio and weights and the last 5 intervals of Imax 2. It was a nice workout. I really like Cardio and weights. I know it is not super intense, but it is fun and the time flys. I have not run for 4 days and I miss it. I may try to run on the treadmill tomorrow as a warm up for legs and glutes. We will see.

Cathy, Great run! I am glad you bought the oreos and not me. I did just have a huge yummy burrito though. Why do I always end up talking about food.

Sunnydelite, hope you had a great spin class. I am lucky that I have Cathe. I find my heartrate actually gets higher with some of the cathe workouts than the running.

Jess, I love the standing portion of legs and glutes. It feels great and too overwhelming. Are you enjoying your step? And, how are your knees doing?

Carole, Enjoy your 5 miler! How is the elliptical on the joints? Is it pretty low impact. I am going to the gym tomorrow for the first time and thought I would hop on it. Any tips?

Wendy, I am right there with ya when it comes to food. I would be 10lbs lighter if I wasn't such an oinker. I LOVE my food. You have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. I think you will be suprised at how the 6 miler doesn't feel that much longer than your 5 miler. Just take it slow.

Laura, I think it is great that you are going teach a class. I was an aerobic instructor for 5 years before I became a trainer and I loved it. Just make sure you always prepared.

Linda, great treadmill run. I am glad I am not the only one that enjoys the treadmill. I love the cardio coaches too.

jennifer, enjoy your workout ath the gym. I am going to the gym tomorrow to give the elliptical a try.

Laurie, sounds like a nice long workout. I love when I am not rushed and can take my time and do what I want. I always feel like I am running out of the house with wet hair to pick -up someone.

Judy, GREAT run. I am dying for a long one. You are smart doing the high impact workout every other day instead of daily. What inserts do you recommend? I have some from foot locker, but always figured there were better ones out there.

Karen, I would wait on the half. I upped my mileage overnight and went from doing 5-6 mile runs to 8-10 mile runs and now I have sciatica and can't really run right now. It was a stupid thing for me to do. I sometimes think I am invincable. Take your time with upping the mileage.:)

Adri, hello and how did the move go?

Christine, That was quite a workout, WOW!!! When is your next run? Are you going to continue doing the long runs? You have quite a bit of variety in your workouts, that is great. Have fun at the game tonight.

Hello to all that follow and have a great friday!

susan

Well, dang it! I posted to everyone and it's not here!

Shelly, Thanks for remembering me! You are so awesome that it means much to me to receive praise from you!

Christine, I am doing OK. I did a 40 minute workout on my elliptical today and then stretched really, really good. Aaaaaah, it felt wonderful! I just love stretching now and can't imagine how I got by without doing it much before. All the stiffness and soreness from the marathon is gone now and I'm looking forward to my 8 miler this weekend. Your workout is something I know I would enjoy. Breaking it up like that makes the time go so fast and hits everything differently.

Carole, When is the run that you are training for going to be? I know, I know, I know, you've told me more than once before but I forgot again!!! I'm terrible!

Hi to everyone else!

Hello ladies. Time for some personals. :)

Linda, I looked again a bit for other training options but I still prefer Hal Higdons so far....I have the Complete Book of Running for Women that you mentioned. I never thought to look in there! I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

Carole, How was your interval run today?

Jess, Great marathon pics! You know you were smiling through the entire race and not JUST for the camera! ;)

Christine, Thanks for the advice regarding the half training! Enjoy your work out and the game today!

Laurie, I can't believe how many folks north of here got snow already! They got some crazy amount of snow in Buffalo NY! Have fun workin' that upper body again! I LOVE u/b work!}(

Judy, Have fun tonight-whatever you are doing-I missed it I think. Hope your pain disapates before you have to put those heels on!:eek:

Karen, I feel for you hon. It's gotta stink if you have the racing bug but can't find one that suits you! Hang in there girl! The warm weather will be back before you know it!

SunnyD, Oh girl, you HAVE to get a garmin! It is such a freakin' FANTASTIC tool for outdoor running! OMG, I LOVE MINE! I'm still learning how to use the different modes!:+

Adri, Hi, welcome back. Hope the move went smoothly. Talk to you soon.

Susan, I agree that Cardio and Weights is a great work out that is not too intense!

So I went to the park and ran 5.5 miles in 56.50 mins! I finally learned how to work the garmin a bit better and was able to get the splits...I really pushed my limits today w/my speed...if I can walk tomorrow morning it will be a miracle! LOL }(

mile 1: 10:51
mile 2: 10:37
mile 3: 9:57
mile 4: 10:19
mile 5: 10:13
last half mile: 4.51

I wanted to run 6 and I'm sure that I could have if I had just taken things a wee bit slower but I was caught up in the adrenaline rush! :p

I was even walkin' funny during my cool down!!! :7 :7 :7

Christine- sounds like such a fun workout! i'll have to try that one of these days.

Susan- i find the same thing depending on how fast/slow i am running. gotta love cathe!!

wendy, lol. which model of the garmin do you have? knowing me i would get it and not use it's full potential. i am not tech saavyx( . that doesn't stop me from wanting one:D }( . great job on your run!!!!

SunnyD, I just bought the 101-baseline model and it suits me fine!:) Several others here have the more advanced models but like you, I'm lucky if I use all of the options on the one I have, let alone one with even MORE options!!!:7 :7 :7 :p

I did it!!! I did IMAX 2 for the first time!!! I loved it, I think it was Susan that said it was made for me!! Sooo true!! I think I can handle not running for a bit as long as I can do my new step workouts!!! ;-) I caught on to most of the step, some of it will take time to learn!! I seriously haven't done step in so long, now I know why I run! (much easier to just put one foot in front of the other!! ;) ) And I did the abs from Cardio & Weights, I think that's the next workout I'll try out!

My knee feels fine, but that seems to be the crazy thing w/ the IT band. It feels fine to walk but as you try to run it hurts. I'm going to give it til next week just to be safe. My friend Erin wanted to run 6 tomorrow but I don't think it's smart to just jump back into it since I haven't even run a mile since the marathon!! (boo hoo hoo!!)

Well, we're having a nice relaxing evening. The girls are keeping themselves entertained & my dh is out bow hunting w/ his brother & a friend.

And maybe some good news on the van, we think the transmission might still be under warranty (we replaced it under 2 yrs ago). My Dad is checking on it, he's the one to call for anything w/ vehicle maintenance!! I really hope it is honestly just so we can sell it!!

OK, just had to share my joy that I did IMAX 2!!! And I loved it, definitely will be doing it again soon!

Yeah, Wendy!!! You go girl!!! You're really getting hit by the running bug!! Didn't I warn you that once you did a 5K it would only be a matter of time til you did a half marathon???? }( Great job & keep up the great work!!

I totally agree w/ Elaine. Cardio wise I'm sure you could do it but you don't want to risk tendonitis or a stress fracture from not building up to it properly. At least build up to running 10 miles before attempting a half marathon. There will be others!!

Hi Jess, I'm kind of suprised that your IT band lets you do IMAX 2 but not run! It's so high impact that it seems like it would bother an injury. BUT, it's a good thing that you can at least do that. And I also love that workout. Cardio and Weights too. Sometimes if I was concentrating on something like the Gymstyles I would do the Cardio and Weights cardio sections but do walking lunges back and forth instead of the weights sections.

Still thinking of you, your brother and the rest of your family......

Wendy,
I knew you could do it!!!! Great workout and great time.

Jess, I LOVE Imax 2 and I knew you would too. It is such a rush afterwards and you really feel like you accomplished something. Sometimes when we have an injury it introduces us to other ways of exercising which is so beneficial. I am so glad you like the step and your new workouts. It is funny I can do an hour of stepping and strength training and my sciatica does not hurt at all, but the minute I try to run it aches. Oh, well thank god for Cathe!

susan

Thanks so much Jess and Susan for your encouraging words!:+

Jess: IMAX 2 is probably a relative breeze for a person with marathon endurance, huh? ;)

Susan: So when are you going to start training for a half, girl? I KNOW you could do it!!! }(

Yeah, I know! The IT band seems to be a weird thing. It hasn't bothered me this week, so I'm hoping I'll be clear next week to run!!! I'm starting to get that running itch!! And it's starting to get colder & colder, in the 30's in the mornings. Guess it's time to pull out the tights & fleece!!

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to trying out C & W now!

And thanks so much for thinking of me & my family. It's been a tough week, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right??

You're welcome! I think cardio wise I was fine w/ IMAX 2, I just need a little help getting all of the steps down!! I don't think I did too bad for my first time though! It's a fun workout though, and I really liked Step Blast too!

Now I'm feeling like I'm ready to start training for something again. I don't have another race planned til my next HM in May!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.