:::CHEETAHS:::Goin' the distance Saturday!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Super quick fly by...I probably won't get back here today due to long workday followed by the wake tonight.

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the support.

I also want to send lotsa {{{Cheetah Power}}} to all the ladies heading out for some serious mileage this weekend!

It was a bit too nippy for a moonlight run this morning so I opted for a neat little mish mosh....DM Scrambled Cardio, HIS Cardio, LIS Cardio. Fun, fun, fun...will be doing that one again:D:D! It's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow so I'll head out for a nice 6-7 miler tomorrow before work.

Gotta jet! Have a Cheetastic day!

Morning, cheetahs! J

Wendi—That was a fun mishmosh??? *lol* You’ve got me convinced now that you just might be a masochist. J IA, it’s a little nippy out there this morning, so I'm heading out a little later than most of my long runs. Thanks for the cheetah power vibes. Sendin’ some back to you ‘cuz you’ve got a hard day ahead.

Gloria—Glad you & the kids are enjoying the Advanced Studies class. Did you say it meets once or twice a week? Oh hey, guess what? The principal has secured Active Boards and LCDs for all of the language arts teachers for this year. Not sure when they will be delivered & set up, but it’s exciting!! Hopefully, by then, we will be acclimated to the new grading program and will be ready to learn something new. J Have you had a chance to explore some of your new tech yet?...Well, in a way, I did get some answers yesterday. It isn’t a significant muscle problem, so it’s gotta be something else. Maybe the cyst in my brain is pressing on an optic nerve? Who knows?...How are you feeling today?

Dallas—We haven’t really planned anything. My mom & I will be in town from Friday to Monday afternoon. My friend Donna as well as the other cheetahs all arrive on Saturday, I believe. On Friday, I would like to try to find/visit Emmett Till’s grave since I’m guessing that’s not something that would be of much interest to everyone else. If I don’t get to it, though, it’s not a big deal…As great as it would be to meet you, by all means, if that’s going to be a busy soccer/family weekend for you, please don’t feel obligated. Especially under the current circumstances, do what you need to do, and it will be understood. I don’t know how far of a drive it is for you, but I just don’t want you to go nuts trying to make it happen. If it does work out, fabulous—but if not, nothing will be lost because I know we will create other GTG opportunities. I say all this because I know the feeling of overextending myself a bit—e.g. during the last Cathe RT. I wanted to meet/hang out and also help folks out with rides, but I had my own family obligations going on that week, too. Couldn’t do it all, and that’s just the way it is sometimes. You have a lot going on, and it’s understood—family comes first J…Oh, I used to love Casual Corner…I am going to go for a second neuro’s opinion (no more putting it off). I think it seems like a wise move now that there is new information about the muscular condition of my eyes. The sock I love, btw, is Balega Hidden Comfort. It has a seamless toe and extra cushioning.

Time to get geared up for the long run. BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...well for me the cortisone shot was better than the oral meds, they have prednisone in them and I refuse to put that in my body, if I can avoid it. No, Napa has some rolling hills but nothing like Big Sur, that is the hilly one. Napa was my 1st marathon and the 2nd time I did it I qualified for Boston, but didn't go. Sorry about the appt mix-up. Cannot believe the receptionist did not tell you to bring your contact lenses, especially after you specifically asked!! Maybe it is a good thing he can review the nuero's finding and that the surgery is off. I think carrying your glasses with you also is a great idea! How far is the run today? Good Luck...:D

Wendi..great mish mosh planned!

Wendy..OUCHEES about your crash with the dog! Glad DH was able to get out of that company with some antics going on. So he will be logging in a lot of OT now? I did the upper from the Original BM.

Gloria...working out for me with the poison out is not bad at all, even the sweating. I think exercise is a great itching distraction!! The calamine lotion does not look pretty but it does cut the itching the best.I will PM you the recipe today. It is for a crockpot but if you don't have one I am sure a big pot will do.

Shelly...I think we posted at the same time yesterday!

Linda...I have not tried the DC Snickers yet...:D...that was always my fav candy bar. About the only time I crave choc is one time of the month. So which day is your 19-20 miler?

Jackie...I will for sure be smart about washing with Technu next time I am exposed to the poison oak. Yikes about the hives from the 2 meds. We do learn from our mess-ups...:)..Good workout friday. Enjoy your weekend with DBF.

Dallas...way to go with the nice pace for 10.75 miles yesterday. I love smoothies after a run. Not sure of any set plans for the Chicago weekend. Just hanging out with the cheetahs will be great fun for me! I hope you can come up Sat night too...I had not used Facebook in awhile, but I checked it out last night..:)...Tell your DH I have always been a Cubs fan. Loved watching Harry Carey and that 7th inning stretch song...:D..I am sure I will check out the Raiders/Bills game unless the Raiders really suck, I can watch any sunday game with Direct TV. I will be watching the Sunday night game with the Cowboys/Packers.

Karen..good job with the 11 miles yesterday. Hershey Park sounds fun, I hope you have a great time!! So did DH rub your feet last night?...:)

So after work and a visit with my Mom yesterday, I did go and get a cortisone shot. I did not want to try the prenisone meds in anyway. The swelling and itching seemed to stop ASAP!!! Mom got her brace off so she has more mobility with her leg, although it is a bit more painful now. The Dr appt with her surgeon went well. She is progressing good. My niece did suggest how much faster her bones might heal of she forgo's smoking.

I got up way early again as DH was getting ready to go hunting...I am planning on a KPC/L&G premix before church.

Have a great day...:)

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls.

I'm running this morning too...in more ways then one....This darned cold has made one of my nostrils leaky. :eek: I woke up several times during the night realizing someone had "turned the faucet on" so to speak, while I was sleeping ! YUCK! LOL Sorry if that's TMI for anyone.:eek: I prefer this over not being able to breathe though so I won't complain TOO much! :p

So I absolutely have to take a class this morning at the gym as I need to get in 2 more before month's end and am QUICKLY running out of time...:eek:...That being said, the plan is to head to the gym for a 30 minute run followed by the 10:30 Centergy class. Then I can take my final class for the month on Wednesday (Centergy again) since I don't plan on running long again until next weekend.

I'm very nervous but kind of excited about tonight. I've never done anything like this before. I tend to be EXTREMELY shy around strangers...ESPECIALLY in large groups...like an entire WEDDING of people I don't know OMG :eek:....If I wasn't doing this with a friend it would NEVER EVER happen. LOL He's a nut though so he should be good at making me relax and laugh all night.

He mentioned that this hall needs more help so perhaps I'd want to considering doing this on some kind of regular basis....Hmmmmm....Well let's not jump the gun I thought. I could be TERRIBLE at this, not to mention that once again, I'm no bartender! LOL Anyway, the money sounds inviting but it IS a 45 ride from my house (GAS!!!!) and has the potential for very late nights so I don't know.... I'll have to see how tonight goes and then think about it. If the money is good though, it COULD be very tempting....:)

Well I think that's about all the babble I've got in me for the moment. LOL I'll post this baby, go refill the coffee cup and come back for personals. I know I wasn't the last to post last night!

Be back in a jiff!:)

Morning Girls!

Today is a rest day. We had fun last night, but I still was home by 11:30p, but I couldn't fall asleep. I think around 2A I dozed off. :confused: DS left already w/dh for his tournament. I'll be leaving once the other two wake up. It's not too far away. :)

Carole ~ Yeah, I miss Harry Carey. :( I do hope the Cubs can pull it off this year. They are due!! Glad you got a shot. It sounds like the poison oak was not going to let up.:confused: I do hope to meet up with you ladies. I figure I'll be at soccer games Friday and Saturday, so I should get a "free" pass on Sunday. lol I had emailed TNT to volunteer to work the marathon. I haven't heard back from her though. That's great news about your mom! Enjoy the KPC+L&G combo. :)

Cathy ~ Glad you're going for that consult. Is that the Nov. appt or will that be sooner? Thanks re: the GTG. Dh and I will work things out. See ^^^ Carole's post...about the "free" pass. ;-) I think it should be fine unless they make it to the championship game, of course, that would be on Sunday. Good luck on your run today!! :)

Wendi ~ Enjoy your mish mosh! I really like DM and the premixes. Need to pull that one out again. I'll be thinking of you later. :( (((HUGS)))

Karen ~ Nice plan today. :) Your kids will enjoy the Hershey Park. WTG on your 11 miler y-day!!! We could have run together! ;-)

Posh ~ I didn't mean to exclude you on the Chicago GTG plans in y-day's post. I was trying to post quickly in the midst of all the chaos. I guess it wasn't really chaos. The kids were having a great ol' time. I just couldn't hear myself think. LOL

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs. DS5 is up, so better start waking DD. She'll never get up, at least not on her own. ha

Hi Wendy ~ Posting at the same time. You sure have a lot planned for today. Hope that cold doesn't give you any more trouble. Good luck tonight!

Good morning cheetahs and happy Saturday:D Beautiful cool weather here!! I'll be staying put in the house today and doing some fun workouts and painting (of course) Looking forward to it:)

Carole- You are up early! Wishing your DH success on his hunt. Hunting is like a religion around here:eek: We've giving our neighbor permission to hunt on our property (we have alot more acreage) He and his wife are so very nice. Anyway, he promised Jerry some venison. I'll abstain of course! Glad to here you went for the cortisone shot. Got to be great to be rid of that constant itch! I bet your Mom sure feels better having that brace off. Still crossing my fingers that she may be motivated to stop smoking. I bet you would love RUMBLE BTW. Also, I'm so happy to hear that you are contemplating training for the Napa Mary next Spring!! I'd say you are definitely ready to Jump in the Pool again, so to speak!

Wendi- Nice tough mishmosh today!! Me like it;) Hope your long day goes well for ya.

Karen- Congrats on getting in that 11 miles!! WTG!!!! How is the calf today?

Gloria- Glad your feeling better and the rest is working for you. Going for any workouts/runs this weekend?

Wendy- Sorry you are dealing with the crud and are running today (the wrong kind of running) :( Have a great gym day! Hey, I bet you will be a natural at the bartending and will be a big hit.... seriously!! You'll be rakin in the tips IMO. Good luck to your DH on his last two weeks and the new job. I wouldn't worry about your house not selling BTW should you guys make that decision. There is always a strong market for smaller starter homes.

Dallas- Fantastic job on the 10.75 miles yest!!! And that was following your tough CC workout:eek: Great pace too!! You go girl!

Cathy- I sure can understand your frustration with the surgery consult.
Docs have to be oh so cautious in our litigious society these days but it makes getting things done pretty laborious I'm afraid. Don't blame you for being anxious about it tho. Any possibility of a second opinion?
Best of luck to you today... Im thinkin in will be a successful long run for you!

Linda- My thoughts are with you too on your 20 miler today:eek::eek::eek:
Another Cytomax user? Love the stuff myself... been using it for years now.

Christine- So how many miles did you end up going for on the trainer?

That catches me up for now. I'll head down to my basement soon and crank out ITR and tack on the heavy bag workout from Rumble.
Later will be 40 minutes or so on the EXT.

I'm back! :)

Wendi: Holy moly girl! Where do you get your energy at 5am!?! :eek: Great mish mosh! LOL

Cathy: So did I read right that you were shooting for 20-22 miles today for your run? I hope you are in zen mode again. :) I envy you not getting sore after long runs. My legs LOVE to taunt me after my long runs as do my hips and knees too. :confused: So have you found anything helpful info in the latest issue of RW? My jaw dropped when I read your comment about thinking that maybe I'd make a good PE teacher. My DH had just made that comment to me the other day! That was NEVER discussed before and now 2 people said it within 48 hours of one another. Pretty cool. Flattering too, I might add. :) Maybe that's my calling but good luck getting ME to go back to school NOW!:p

Carole: Glad the cortisone shot helped. I hate needles but I suppose it would be worth it to stop the itch. I also don't take pills well. Glad your mom's progress is heading in the right direction.

Gloria: No thoughts of PT'ing at all right now. Not sure what I'm going to do. I need to email my old boss from the bank though. I want to see if he has any jobs open under him. I'd seriously consider that if he did.

Dallas: I can certainly understand about your DH being out of sorts. :(

Karen: Hope you enjoy Hershey Park! I haven't been there in years but my SIL and her family go every summer and they love it. :)

I think that catches me up. Off to make DS something to eat. BBL!

Shelly: We were posting at the same time. :) Yeah, if DH can get the stuff done that needs to be done then I guess we could put the house up and see what happens. We could always change our minds if it's taking too long. Enjoy painting today! Will it ever end!? LOL Thanks for the vote of confidence re bartending. I'll let ya know what happens. ;)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Carole – glad you were able to get the cortisone shot and all is much better!!! Also glad to hear your mom is on the mend. I can imagine the frustration you’re having with her smoking. It’s hard to quit, but it’s so worth it. With DH gone, I’m itching to order, but I just cannot bring myself to do it (probably because I haven’t found anything I really like yet!). Oh! Now United decided to change MY flight! I don’t get in until 2:30. I’m going to try to change it again – we’ll see. I have to wait until DH is back in the US to make changes as he’s the big wheel at United.

Shelly – sorry your puddy is spraying! That is never fun! I’m glad it’s getting less. I wish you had off more, too, but I totally understand the two mortgage thing! Wow! Hopefully your AZ house will sell soon! *knocks on wood* Have fun with ITR and the heavy bag work! Sounds like fun.

Linda – Have fun with your 19-20 miles today! Actually, no, I meant that “personality wise” the bikes are male and female – it’s a weird cyclist thing. :p Most bikes have names. More and more I’m thinking mine is named Mike – Mike the bike. I don’t know why, but it fits “him”. Oh, and Mike was the very cute guy who got me into mountain biking. He was such a class act. Yes, the cadence monitor is interesting – I’m no where near as fast as I thought I was. So, now I have a new challenge. :rolleyes: Once your marathon is over (when is that again?) you can bike. I think it would be fun to do a relay dualathlon! We could a longer distance that way. :D

Cathy – Have fun on your 20-22 miles! So sorry to hear about the eye issues!! Oh man, what a pain – and I certainly could not imagine driving with double vision!!! And it might be contributing to your increased migraines! As I told Linda – I’m thinking Mike the Bike – and Mike was the guy (the very cute classy guy who got me into mountain biking). The bike just feels like a Mike – and now who is sounding the Dr. Seuss?! :p

Jackie – thanks for the good wishes! I certainly appreciate them! Funny about sales modes – I am in sales, but I do the after sale support and the renewals. I understand about the push, but I always put it in a way that is mutually beneficial to both the customer and the company. That restaurant sounds good! Let me know how it is once it opens!

Dallas – Good job on the 10.75 miles yesterday!! I accepted your friend request! :p And then Coach Sean sent me a friend request – that made my day! :p I’m going with the flow in Chicago – whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me. I’m just happy to be hanging with the girls!

Wendy – Glad DH is moving on at work. Sounds like the right move for him (and you!). I hope you’re feeling better!! DD15 has gone on several school trips – including a week on the east coast traveling to around DC and NY and a week in NY on Broadway (she loved that one). This is also with her drama club, and she knows everyone, so it would be fun for her. I think you might find that bartending is different than just meeting people at a social event. If you want to chat with the folks, you can. If not, you don’t have to other than to make the drinks. I’m anxious to hear what you think! Have fun!

Gloria – glad to hear you’re on the mend!! Yes, new toys are fun, aren’t they?

Karen – how fun that you have your Halloween decorations up aleady!! :p Yes, paper mache is a mess! Oh have fun at Hershey Park! I love that place! Take a tour of Chocolate World! YUM! And ride the Super Dooper Looper for me (actually, I prefer the Comet – is that still there?). :p

Wendi – I LOVE the CHEETAH POwER!!!! YEAH! Great Mish Mosh – sounds like fun! Enjoy your run today!

Well, today was supposed to be a yoga or stretch day before the “big” event. But, I was on the trainer all of 2.5 miles yesterday before my tire got a flat (seems to happen every time I take a bike to this shop for repair!). I had a spare, but over inflated that one (POP! Not a fun noise), so I had to forego. :mad: Today I’m going to do a light ride followed by P90X Stretches – so I’m nice and stretched out for tomorrow. One thing I did learn during my 2.5 miles yesterday was that I have a new challenge ahead of me. My new cadence meter let me know I wasn’t spinning as fast as I thought I was. So, over the winter, I’ll work on spinning faster. I love a good challenge. After my spin and stretch, I’ll hit the grocery store, get my nail done and make Kimo’s food. Then DD15’s BF is coming over for a pasta meal – we’re carb loading. :p

Good Morning!

Wendi: That sounds like a killer workout this morning! :)

Cathy: Good luck today with the long run! AS class meets on Thursdays only. Very cool about the Active Board and the LCD. Questions: I am thinking an Active Board is the same thing as a SMART board, a big white interactive Internet thing? Is an LCD one of those projectors where you can actually project an original document, not a transparency? I would LOVE one of those! In college we presented lessons using those and when I went into my first classroom I was shocked that all I had was an overhead! LOL! They cost A LOT, so I can understand why they didn't have them. It is funny you asked about using the tech. Yesterday the kids did a lot of testing so I had time to get everything all set up. I plan on using the data projector next week. You will have fun with the new toys. It makes sense for us to be using a lot of tech in the classroom. It is hard for the schools to afford it though, especially here in MI. I am feeling okay today. Thanks for asking! :)

Carole: Thank you very much for the recipe! I have three crock pots. Don't ask me why. I will make it today since I have just about all the ingredients except the ranch packet. I have to go to the store anyway. Great your mom is progressing well and the itching has stopped. :)

Wendy: Good luck tonight. Bartending is fun and the tips are good. In fact, I made more money waitressing/bartending than I did my first year of teaching. I didn't know you were thinking of going back to the bank. That stinks you have a cold too. Hope you feel better soon!

Dallas: Sounds like a wild time at your house last night! :) I am feeling better, thanks for the vibes! :)

Shelly: Sounds like a very active day for you! I am not sure if I will workout this weekend. I am itching to get back into it soon though. Maybe some weights like Wendy suggested yesterday. Have a great Saturday!

Karen: So did DH end up rubbing your feet? :)

Last night Andy and I trained Pip in the backyard. I also fired his shotgun quite a few times. He taught me about the safety and how to load the bullets. It was actually fun. I could see me enjoying shooting skeet or something. I would never hunt animals though. I will leave that up to DH.
Today is house chores like cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, etc. Feeling a little better every day. I think tomorrow I will begin working out again. Enjoy this beautiful fall day Cheetahs! :)

Hey Girls.

No time for personals. Need to get stuff done around here before heading out. I have to leave at 3.

As it turns out I am taking Joey with me. No, not to help us tend bar. :p The catering hall is right in the same town that my MIL lives in so I am going to drop Joey off there on the way since he is due for a visit anyway. He will spend the night with MIL and SIL and then DH and I will go to pick him up tmrw afternoon and we'll all eat dinner together before heading home. It works. It's too hard to get there during the week with Joey in school and all. I can still make it to my mom's during the week but only cause it's closer.

I told DH to make plans with some friends tonight since he'll be DS free but knowing him he'll sit in front of the tv, or play on the pc or play Wii or PS3 instead. He tends to be too lazy to makes the phone calls necassary to make some plans for the night. What a dork, right? LOL ;)

So I didn't leave this morning in time to get in a full 30 minute run but I took what I could get. Just over 20 minutes and then the Centergy class. Felt good as I hadn't done anything yoga-like since the last yoga class I took at the beginning of the month!:eek:

Well, gotta drag myself into the shower now...I'll be back with personals later if I have time. If not, I'll be back in the morning.

Have a lovely rest of the day girls!:D

Hey everyone! This will have to be short, cause I have to go shower and, hopefully, get a little rest before my niece's little girl's BD party!

I just got back from my run! We ended up going 20.30 miles. I know.....why the .30??? ;) Actually.....I don't know....it just ended up that way :) It was a wonderful, wonderful run! Can you tell....the endorphins are flowing :) I also tried Shot Blocks that has caffeine for the first time. I have used Shot Blocks most of the time....but never with caffeine. I think it actually helped a lot!

Anyway....Hi to everyone! I will do my best to get back later!

Oh...and Cathy - I hope you are having a wonderful long run!~!!!!

Linda

Gloria - Sounds like Pip is going to be well trained. Fun that you would like skeet shooting - ITA that I could not shoot an animal! :confused:

Wendy - have fun catering! Your DH is the exact opposite of mine. Mine would be out with the gang half the night. Too funny. Joey will have fun Grandma!

Linda - WAY TO GO on the 20.30 miles!! I'm impressed! You and Cathy are both doing so well! Glad the caffeine helped! I'll bet that extra jolt does help just enough!

I ended up doing the first section of CCPP. It was not a light workout, but that's why I kept it 20 minutes. I was going by cadence. Man, my HR was way up there. I followed it with P90X Stretch X - man do I feel good now! Off to shower!

Carole—wow on the BQ!! If it happens again, will you go this time? It’s in March, you say? *cranes neck to look at school calendar* Hmmm…No, I don’t want to run it. *lol* But it would be fun to come out to CA and cheer you on! So glad the shot made life easier for you. Ouch on DM’s pain, but good she is making progress. This may sound dumb, but I didn’t realize smoking had such an effect on the bones, too. How did she respond to your DN’s suggestion?

Wendy—I’m with you—I’ll take a runny nose over a stuffed-up one any day. BUT I do hate waking up to that. How was Centergy today? One of my DSis’s GFs did the catering thing on a regular basis for a time, and she did make great money. I think you’ll do great. Just keep flashin’ that gorgeous smile of yours and fake it, sister! J I feel tight and tired after a long run, but I have no DOMS the next day. I just skimmed RW—hope to delve into some this afternoon. I didn’t realize you were considering the bank again, either. Is that the job you didn’t like? Isn’t that funny that DH made the PE suggestion, too? Maybe something to think about. Come and work at my school!

Dallas—Good luck to DS in his tournament…*lol* about the free pass. I do hope it works out—the more cheetahs, the merrier!—but I just don’t want you to feel any pressure! I think you are under enough as it is.

Shelly—I hadn’t really considered a second opinion on the surgery. I thought it was a good sign that he wasn’t too eager to slice. If I don’t need it, I don’t want it. Enjoy ITR, Rumble, and the EXT! Oh, I have to tell you…when I reached that monster hill at the end of today’s run? Mentally, I wanted to run it strong like I did last time, but my body was doin’ some hardcore protesting. I was ready to walk it when suddenly the “Rocky Theme” came on the shuffle, and I thought of you. I had such a burst of power—ran hard all the way up to the crest.

Christine—Our flights have changed a few times, too. I’ve noticed United does that a lot. I keep getting these cute catalogs I’ve never heard of, but spending must be tempered for a bit. I do need new sport headphones, though, because mine are shorting out, and I *need* my tunes out there! *lol* about Mike the Bike. I like it. J Yeah, I do wonder if the migraines, double vision, and the cyst are connected. I feel the same about Chicago. Oh, the restaurant my student’s dad mentioned was Tuscany. Do you know it? I’ll be happy eating anywhere! I definitely want to try the famous Chicago pizza at some point. Sorry about the flat and then the overinflation. Enjoy the carbo load! BTW, I did NOT mean to attack the sales industry. Just in retail, I think they are going over the top these days.

Gloria—I think an Active Board is like a SmartBoard—interactive and connected to the computer. The LCD will project images from the computer. Is the data projector the one where you can display original docs? There is apparently a document camera in the media center that does that. I would love to have one permanently in my room. Budgets are tight here in NJ, even in affluent districts like mine. I have one computer in my room, and it’s becoming a bit ancient. They did finally replace the printer, but I don’t have a single computer for student use. Kind of odd as an LAL teacher. We do have two labs, though. But it’s hard to get in there. They book classes very far in advance, which I have trouble with because it’s so hard to predict where you will be in the curriculum in three months’ time. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Linda—Yay! I’m so thrilled for you that you had a stellar long run and are feelin’ great. That’s how my first 20 was. This one, not so much. *lol* It was definitely tougher, but hey, I got through it. J The weather, I must say, was absolutely perfect!!

So, I did 21.25 today, and as mentioned to Linda above, it wasn’t all that Zen-like. *lol* I felt a little tired out there today. And actually, my shoulders and upper back were a bit sore and fatigued—the chiro worked ‘em yesterday, and I think she roughed things up a bit. It’s OK, though. I think it’s good to have experienced different challenges, conditions, and discomforts, so when it’s time for the real deal, I’ll be prepared for almost anything. Oh, and I chafed at the waistband this time—never happened there before, so I hadn’t covered it with BodyGlide. Found this out when the shower stream stung like a mutha.

OK time to chill for a bit.

some pics (taken post-run)

This is the hill that starts and ends most of my runs. (Shelly, this is the one I was referring to.) There's a valley and then another decent climb.

002.jpg

Is it fair to have to pass this sign on every run?

003-2.jpg

Here's some more proof that not all of Jersey is flat! :) (Today's run, for example, included 11 hills.)

005.jpg

I often hit this one at mile 16-17, and it kicks my butt!

011.jpg

Hiya ladies!

Plans changed (for the better) and I'll be going to the wake tomorrow night instead. I had actually planned on stopping by both nights but, due to circumstances beyond my control, tomorrow will have to suffice.

This actually works out okay cuz I'm going to use tonight to *try* to recharge enough to carry me for the next two weeks. See, the new girl's sister (who lives in Boston) just had her baby this morning and new girl had asked for some time off when the baby was born (when we hired her we said no prob). Well, the timing kind of sucks cuz she'll be gone Monday through Sat night, back to work on Sun. Well, I leave, with the horse, for D.C. on Sunday morning and come home Thursday afternoon (I hope!). So, that means that I'll be working, all by myself, for the entire week up to the show and then have to get through four very hard show days with no break. To top it off, my last day off was this past Monday, so, do the math:mad::mad::mad::mad:. I'm going to end up working at least 17 HARD days straight. I'm sitting here about to lose it thinking there's NO WAY I'm gonna get through these next two weeks:confused::(:eek:. I'm actually almost in tears right now:confused:.

Okay, get yourself together....could be worse, right? Serenity now...Cathy where's that little Zen smiley? Officially done whining now...sorry, had to get that off my chest. All I could say when I found out was "I'll get it done" cuz that's what I'm going to do.

Let me get myself into a better frame of mind and I'll be right back with personals.

Cathy - Ahem, you are calling me a masochist:eek:...honey, you don't see me out there running 20 sumpin miles!!!!! Who's the crazy here???? Seriously, well done today girl!!! Uh, yeah, those be some hills you've gotta face...look like some of my doozies around here. I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you. That is some seriously dogged determination you've got going there...I may need to borrow some of that in the next couple of weeks *lol*. BTW, I was absolutely howling this morning reading your Woman vs. Mouse blog:D! How irritating about not being prepared for the doc appt...I really hope you're able to find a solution for all of that. I can't even imagine. Enjoy that very well-earned massage tomorrow.

Carole - Sooooo glad to hear that the cortisone finally brought you some relief. Happy to hear mom is improving!! Did DN's suggestion get a response? My mother is a die-hard smoker and it's tough, on everyone. Ooooh, which prmix did you settle on? Love KPC/L&G! Oh, listening to you guys plan Chicago is killing me...so wish I could join you.

Wendy - Hope you had a good time tonight and came home with a nice chunk of change! Can't blame you at all for dropping BB. Ewwww, sorry about the "runs":p...sorry couldn't resist;). I hope the water works have slowed down for you. Glad that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for DH...although the OT must really, really suck right now. Too funny about him not being the social butterfly. *LOL*...early morning is the ONLY time I have energy...all goes downhill from there:(.

Dallas - Uggh, sorry you couldn't sleep last night. Hope your DS had a great tourney! How awesome that you may be able to catch up with the Chicago clan! Yeah, I actually prefer the permixes as add-ons rather than the workout done in it's entirety. I actually refer to it as DreadMax:p.

Shelly - I'm sure the wildlife by you must be beautiful. I know a lot of people who hunt and I just don't get it *shrugs*. I don't think I could if my life depended on it:(. Oh, how pretty....taupe and mauve:eek:...nice LOL! Sounds like you're making up for lost time with taht heavy bag...hey, go easy on it, will ya:p?

Christine - Ack, sorry about Mike's;) issues today. Hey, finding new challenges is a good thing, right? Wow, you've really been bitten by the spinning bug, huh? Hope the pasta was yummy! {{{{CHEETAH POWER}}}} coming your way for tomorrow!

Gloria - Oh, now I could have fun target shooting with a shotgun:D. IA about not being able to hunt...would/could NEVER do it! So happy to hear that you're finally feeling better. Have fun getting back to your workouts but don't try to push too hard, too fast, 'kay?

Linda - WOOOOHOOOO on a fantastic run!!!!! I'm in awe of you marathon ladies! Sounds like that little caffeine jolt dod just the trick for ya! Hope you had a good time at the party and lotsa cake....recovery meal, right:p?

Hope Posh, Lorie, Jackie, Judy and Karen are having a lovely weekend!

Oh, yeah, and to top it off I have to be to work early tomorrow morning so NO RUN tomorrow. GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Gonna go grab some grub and try to decompress for a bit. Take care!

Wendi—holy schnikies! I would say the Zen smiley is not at all appropos here. Maybe:

th_cry.gif

or

th_angry.gif

How awful for you! Understand there's nothing you can do to alter the schedule but suck it up. And you'll get 'er done, no doubt. But it's not fair, and you have every reason to be thoroughly disgruntled! May I say?—I seriously think you should pull the boss aside and tell—not ask, tell—him that you will need some time off after this. Not just a day. But three or four or whatever you need. You are such a hard worker and incredibly strong to endure the kind of hours and labor that you do day in and day out, but every person has a limit, and this is not healthy to ask of any employee. The boss and your co-workers need to find a way to manage without you some of the time instead of leaning on you as heavily as they do. I know you're there for awhile yet, but don't let him work you into the ground in the meantime. Just because he has issues, it doesn't mean he has the right to do this to you! We got your back here!

Thank you for the encouraging words. Much appreciated!...*lol* I guess we are all a little nutty in our way around here. :)

Hi Cathy - Thanks hon! I actually do intend to get some real time off but, here we go, it'll have to wait until after all this horse show madness is over...mid-late Oct, depending on that final qualification. This is why I was dreading making the qualifying cut. I seriously am not quite sure how to pull this off but I'm going to do my darndest. Is it is fault this time...no, I can't really peg this on him. Between MK, this baby thing, indoors....can we please insert a make-believe easy week somewhere between Oct 5th and Oct 12th so I can have a chance to breath??? Hey, that would give you a whole extra week before Chicago...I think we should lobby for that one:p!

Phone's ringing...have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.