Check-In!

DebbieH

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-00 AT 03:24PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone! We are painting all day today & tomorrow so thought I'd go ahead and post my workout for the week. It was a hectic week with working on our basement, doing my classes, plus 2 more for an instructor friend, not to mention all the normal day activites. :-tired So here goes:

Monday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with light toning & ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning & ABS

Wednesday~CardioKicks in A.M., taught a Hi/Lo class in the evening w/ toning & ABS

Thursday~Taught 2 classes of Hi/Lo w/toning & ABS

Friday~CircuitMax (LOVE the compound exercises! Getting two benefits in one package! :7

Saturday~Just finished MegaStepBlast! I love this tape and probably haven't done it in two months. I love the 12 minute Bun Blaster. Boy, does it get the BUNS!!!:-wow

Sunday~Will be my day of rest other then painting!

All in all, I feel like a had a great workout week, but I missed doing all my Cathe tapes due to having to teach 2 extra classes. Next week I'll be back to norm. Have a great week everyone. I'm anxious to see how you all are doing with your new vids! :)

Your Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (Hi~I'm back! I decided to sneak in Rodney Yee's Yoga for ABS while my hubby ran to Home Depot! Whew, 1st. time to do this tape. I have never done Yoga before and decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure at first what to think of the intensity, but by the time I was finsihed, I could really feel those ABS. I have a feeling I will be feeling them MORE tomorrow! :eek:"See" you all around.)

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a few weeks, but my workouts have pretty much remained the same. Don't fix what ain't broken, right? Anyway here is my week:

Mon- rest

Tue- Circuitmax a.m., SNI and All Step cardio sections p.m.

Wed- Intervalmax followed by ab work from All Step

Thur- Did all of the CTX upperbody sections followed by Leaner Legs. It was an awesome workout and boy was I sore the next day!

Fri- SNI and All Step cardio sections(can you tell which CTX tapes are my faves?)

Sat- Circuitmax followed by the CardioKicks drill section( I love this combo!)

Sun- I think I'll do an oldie tomorrow. Maybe Stepworks on a 6 inch step. Have a great week everyone!!!

Brad

I'm up, I may as well do the check-in thig too! MON:All Step/shoulders and 10-10-10/tris. TUES: Kickbox/biceps and CircutMax(LOOOVE THIS TAPE!!). WED:SNI/chest and Power Circut/back. THURS: Leaner Legs and ran sprints with soccer team. FRI: All Step/shoulders and 10-10-10/tris. SAT: Kickbox/biceps(ok, I usually try to 2 a day, but me and my twin had to go out and celebrate our upcoming B-Day this week. Much better to do it on a weekend, rather than a week night!!) SUN: Tomorrow I plan on doing SNI/chest and Power Circut/back. Let's hope I don't have to edit this!! Have a good one all!!

Great week deb. Putting me to shame here! :)
We drove up to Boston this past week. The fitness center in the hotel was so-so but really not much in the way of weights. A few light dumbbells is not going to cut it for me. So...all cardio this week.
Mon. -- 35 min. on stairclimber....very intense hill workout

Tues. -- drove to boston from baltimore. Arriving in boston...I made the mistake of attempting to drive into the city. I think I may be receiving a ticket in the mail for running a redlight!!:-(

Wed. -- treadmill at hotel....4 miles. legs feel like lead. Train into boston to see the sites. Aquarium, boston common, freedom trail, harbor area, etc. So I got plenty of walking. Michelle(very pregnant) has swollen feet so we may need to tone down the walking. dinner at anthony's pier 4. Yummmmmm!! :9

Thurs. -- drove up to salem mass. to hang with the witches. interesting place i must say!! very small town feeling to it, alot like annapolis, but spookier!! Love the witch museum and house of seven gables. lots of neat little shops. back to boston later in day. dinner at legal seafood. lobster!! :9

Friday. -- drove back to baltimore. i did another 4 miles on the hotel treadmill before the 465 mile trek. major traffic near new york and again in jersey. can anyone say road rage!!!!!!! :-mad trip took 10.5 hours.

Sat. -- nada :-tired did go to matt's soccer game.

Sun. -- nada -- unless typing this message counts!! Soccer game this evening.

Busy week but not alot of working out going on. Back into my routine starting tomorrow.
I hope everyone is doing well....you all are doing great with the workouts. What's the consensus on the new tapes? ....Which is the favorite? Let me know.....I'll be purchasing based on all of your recommendations.
Michelle is doing well......I believe she's gained 20 pounds. Doctor says no more than 25. I can feel baby moving(she can too!!!) We still need to pick out a boy's name. This might be a chore as we can't agree on one.
By the way......love the new site, especially those neat emoticons.
Looking forward to everyone's posts. Have a super week!
Trevor :-jumpy

my week

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-00 AT 12:38PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-00 AT 12:37 PM (Est)[/font]

This week was a little better than the last-finally finished my Salsa workout (no, not the dance-put up 75 pints of salsa these past two weeks, along with 27 pints of stewed tomatoes and 30 pints of spaghetti sauce...needless to say, I was happy to see that my tomatoes got hit by the frost }> (just wanted to try that face :D))
Trevor-so, out hanging with the witches...hopefully this next year I'd like to visit Boston now that we have relatives on the East Coast. Wish your lovely wife well as she continues on!!!
DebbieH-YOU'RE MAKING ME TIRED!!! Stop that, I haven't worked out yet and you're killing me
Aimee-Happy Bday :D
Brad-you crazy man!!! All of the Upper body and Meaner (I mean Leaner) legs in one day! You are too ambitious...this is just going off of what others have said (no DVDs yet :'( ) Your body must have been like Jello afterwards!
my week:
Sunday-HLH and PS SLA
Monday-2K08 with Linda McHugh-it was a lot of fun
Tues-BBA, ran out of time
Wed-salsa workout
Thurs-CST and 9905 step with Franny
Fri-Imax
Sat-salsa workout, wanted to do something a little more aerobic...but ran out of time which brings me to my goal for this week-gonna announce it hear so maybe it will motivate me a little more: MY GOAL IS TO WORKOUT IN THE MORNING!!! (I am currently having a love affair with my feather pillows and pillowtop mattress, it won't let me get up as I plan :) )
have a great week!!!
:-jumpy julie :-jumpy

RE: my week

Julie,
The last part of your post made me laugh. Did you ever see that commercial, I think it was for Nike, and the woman's alarm goes off and it's 530 or soemthing and her pllow starts talking with a sexy accent "you want me..look how soft I am" and she looks at the shoes and back to the pillow...and she chooses the shoes. The pillow is saying things like "You don't need to run...you had salad last night!"
I loved that commercial because it's happened to me so many times! (this morning, actually!)
Sarah E.

On the road to recovery!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-00 AT 02:26PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone!
This was the first week that I've felt like there was hope for me and my PF. I got some Arch supports and they have made all the difference (thanks Christine!). I finally got to do some of the new tapes, after just doing the strength section for so long.
Here goes:

Monday-Hilo heaven stage I and II
Tuesday-Rest day, just overslept!
Wednesday-10-10-10, triceps and chest from CTX
Thursday-All step (Modified, no ricochets,or power 7s and 15s), shoulders, abs, back and chest from CTXs
Friday-Leaner Legs
Saturday- Rest day again (late night Friday!)
Today-CTX 10-10-10, Triceps, Plus Biceps and Abs from Kickbox.
Whew! I feel human again!
Have a great week everyone!
Sarah E.

Hello everyone,

Here's my week:

Monday--CTX Step & Intervals
Leaner Legs and abs
Tuesday--Cardio Kicks
CTX biceps and abs
Wednesday--CTX Power Circuit
Thursday--MIS abs
Friday--CTX All Step

I hope everyone has a great week
Trevor and Debbie H I will write soon, thank you so much for your caring words, they've been a tremendous help to me lately :)And Debbie, the scale can't judge what kind of person you are, but I can and I know you are a wonderful, caring one, so I hope you'll listen to me instead of that scale!:D

Laura

Hi Trevor!

You have no idea how much I have missed talking to you!

I have all the new Cathe tapes, and I love every single one of them. The six pack is great because it gives alot of variety and you would like the abs sections because they are very different and really tone the abs. I have not done all of Circuit Max yet, but I'm sure the last half is as fun as the first. I actually didn't think I would enjoy Cardio Kicks that much, but I got it for variety. But I really liked it and got a great workout, so I would have to recommend that one too. :D

You'll just have to get all of them and then we'll have something new to talk about ;-)

Laura

My pretty good week

I needed to go to four days on & one day off. So that started this week(yeah, so this week was three days on and one day off).

Saturday: Rest
Sunday: PowerCircuit w/ back and triceps plus abs
Monday: All Step cardio and Chest from Step & Intervals
Tuesday: Run/walk at the Y
Wed: Just abs
Thurs: CTX Kickbox
Friday: Leg work at the Y (real heavy weights)& shoulder work at home plus abs
Saturday: Another run/walk at the Y

I'll post my dessert recipe by itself. :9

I got a new job....just found out today! :-jumpy

nike commercial

No, I haven't seen that commercial, but man does it sound like me...only I would have chosen the pillow :D My pillow has this strange power over me, I think it may be possessed!
i'll keep you posted about my progress in ending my affair with my nice soft warm bed and pillow :)
:-jumpy julie :-jumpy

Great news HB!!

Glad to hear about the new job!!
Saw the dessert recipe - sounds amazingly delicious!!
See you soon!
Erica

new job?

Congrats on your new job! BTW that recipe looks absolutely sinful }> Were you the one that posted the recipe for the Southern Praline Pecan Cake-if it was you THANKS!!! It was a huge hit for approx 5 family get-togethers this late summer/fall!
take care
julie

Two Good Weeks! Thanks to CTX

It's so interesting and helpful to see the rotations you are putting together with the new tapes. This new series is just what I needed to shake things up.

Monday: rest
Tuesday: Leaner Legs :-tired
Wednesday: Kickbox
Thursday: 9801, plus CTX triceps
Friday: CTX back and abs
Saturday: Power Circuit cardo plus CTX shoulders
Sunday: Step And Intervals

If I had a Cathe yoga tape I would have worked that in too! ;-)
If Honeybunch keeps it up with the great recipes, I'm going to have to double up on the workouts :9.

Happy excercising :-jumpy

Janet

Congrats!!!

The new icons came just in time to properly celebrate :-jumpy.

Best wishes for every success in your new job - here's a suggestion - take the pecan praline ice cream cake into work on your first day and you'll be set for life!

Janet

I had a pretty good week. I've decided to switch to am workouts and I managed to get up early Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

Mon- home w/ sick toddler - 30 minute treadmill walk, CTX Chest & Back
Tues - rest
Wed - am - 30 min treadmill walk, CTX Power Circuit abs
Thurs - am - 10-10-10 (the cardio portion of this tape was too hard for me even with modifications so I didn't really enjoy it. I'll have to skip it for awhile until I can work up to it)
Fri - am - Firm Basics Fat Burning (stayed up way too late Thurs night and needed an easy workout)
Sat - Sister-in-law's wedding - Busy, busy, busy
Sun - recover from Sat

Have a great week everybody!

I have been a check-in slacker not to mention the workout thing

Hi everyone

I have been quite busy and shall we say preoccupied a wee bit with other things. (if I could wink, I would). That, and the fact that my hamstring is still a bit twingy have made this week a bit of wash out.

Can you guys believe that I have received my new Cathe tapes but still have not gotten to them! In a few more days, I will get there and hey, they aren't going anywhere. Here was my week:

Monday - run/walk for 45 minutes. I have had to admit defeat in the running area and will not be doing IT AT ALL for a few months because my right hip starts to hurt because I am guessing that it is over compensating for the left hamstring still. So, no more running at all for a while.

Tuesday - CIA 9701

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - Maximum Intensity Strength (it has been awhile since I have done this one and all I can say is WOW!)

Friday - rest

Saturday - rest

Sunday - Step Fit

When was the last time any of you saw this many rest days in a week? Oh well, it doesn't hurt to mellow out once in a while.

Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Checking in

This is week 4 of a PS rotation & not one week has gone according to plan! Still I'm seeing results. Last week, my form on Cardio Kicks was pretty sloppy so I dropped back to Kathy Smith's kickboxing tape this week (but then threw in Cathe's today). I probably still need to work at KS's slower pace & get my form down.

Monday: PS BB&A; Kathy Smith Kickboxing; short run (ran into a friend)
Tuesday: Pilates mat class; PS Legs (w/o abs); Trot 30 min
Wednesday: Spinning
Thursday: rest (Heat Wave Broke :D)
Friday: PS CS&T; Run 30 min (dogs wanted to rock & roll so I decided to take them for a trot instead of going spinning. DH arrived home just as I was putting on my shoes. He's been trying to join me on my runs & I caved. He thinks if he pushes me, I'll progress faster. I held to my pathetically slow pace & stayed below the "toss cookie stage." It actually sprinkled which made for a fun run!)

Saturday: Cycle 47 flat miles (strong headwinds on the return. My husband & I worked well together, trading off pulls in the front. We're well matched on bikes - I just have to avoid running with him!)

Sunday: Cardio Kicks (form is getting better; love the drills)

Have a great week everyone.
Debra

Hello, everyone. I'm Wendy2, but I'm too lazy to change it back! I had a pretty good week, although I need to figure out a rotation that has rest days in between two or three workouts, rather than clumping all my workouts together and then resting. That shouldn't be too hard, since I've been doing it for the past six weeks--but they have been "unplanned rest" days. I'm just going to go ahead and alter my rotation so that those become "planned " rest days. I end up getting everything in either way, but I find my body becoming tired if I wait too long to have a rest day. blah blah blah how I ramble! Anyway, here's my week:
Sunday: PS BBA and Leaner Legs

Monday: 20 minute walk to the grocery store (a rest day--planned)

Tuesday: MIS

Wednesday: Unplanned rest

Thursday: 10-10-Step and Intervals (45 minutes of cardio) cardio only, + abs from BBA

Friday: Aerostep on the floor, with modifications to keep my heart rate high enough (needed a non step workout equivalent to walking)

Saturday: Unplanned rest (planned MIS)

Sunday: MIS and Stepworks section 1 (25 minutes cadio)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.