change user name

scott

Is there any way that I can change my user name? I just signed up and wasn't thinking when I used my real name.

It's too late. Now we all know who you are & will be stalking you to make sure you stick to your fitness routine. :D

Yeah, you have to just create a new one. I e-mailed support with this question in May and they said, "No.". So, I created a new one.

So, what's wrong with your real name?

Dallas

Hi Scott,

My condolences on the loss of your wife. I just jumped over to the Ask Cathe forum and saw your post. This is the right place to come and get advice, motivation, friendship, etc. I didn't post on the other thread as I'm new to Cathe, but not working out. There are a lot more qualified people to give advice about fitness.

Good luck and good for you diving into fitness. I believe that is the best medicine.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dallas

I have the same problem. I'm divorced now and would like a user name that doesn't include my former last name, but when I tried to set up a new account, it gave me an error message saying my email address I supplied was already in use. x(

>I have the same problem. I'm divorced now and would like a
>user name that doesn't include my former last name, but when I
>tried to set up a new account, it gave me an error message
>saying my email address I supplied was already in use. x(

Okay, so unless it's that bloody hideous for you to use, then why bother changing it? We are obviously intrigued by you, not so much your username, as of yet. Seriously. Scott is a perfectly different name on this forum. It wouldn't really pinpoint any fascinating facts, yet we "Catheites" would recognize him. And if he interacted enough, we soon would all be wondering "what's Scott's take on this subject?" Just like I treasure any of the other Cathe posters: Candi, Timber, JDoll, BJBowers, Nadine, MckMain, Allwildgirls, LCSavik, ClareMC, Dani, Laura (Libra), Hippahips, Kathryn, Haydee!, Dlavie, Materialsgirls, IckleMolley, etc. (

Marla:)

>I have the same problem. I'm divorced now and would like a
>user name that doesn't include my former last name, but when I
>tried to set up a new account, it gave me an error message
>saying my email address I supplied was already in use. x(

I just went to my original account and put in an old e-mail address. Then, I created the new one with my current e-mail address. Does that make sense?

HTH-
Dallas

>Is there any way that I can change my user name? I just
>signed up and wasn't thinking when I used my real name.

I use my real name, as do some other posters. I actually prefer interacting with people who use some semblance of an actual name, because I "see" more of a real person behind the posts. (Some people have a different user name, but use their real name--first name only--in their signature). Somehow, usernames like CV495 or "luvmycathe" without a real name in the sig line seems so impersonal and distant.

First-name use (as you do) isn't a problem, I don't think (or maybe I just don't have much of an imagination!).

Well said Kathryn:D I use my real name as well. I don't think it is that big a deal, but than again Nicole IS.......... such a unusal name}(

Take care,
~Nicole

>I just went to my original account and put in an old e-mail
>address. Then, I created the new one with my current e-mail
>address. Does that make sense?

Thank you. I don't know why I couldn't have figured that out for myself... LOL

I don't find using my ex's name "bloody hideous," but it's not who I am any more and it does bring back some less than pleasant memories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.