Chalene Extreme NEW workouts...

ripley33

Cathlete
Did anyone get these 4 new discs? I just saw them on the Beachbody site. How long are they and are they worth the prices? Seems pretty high for four discs. But I do like Chalene. Would like to hear the thoughts of some others.

Thanks,
Laura

I don't know anything about the new dvd's, but I love her turbokick workouts. I'm just responding in order to bump this up so that hopefully someone else will respond.

I just saw these last night as I was ordering the deluxe BBL work outs. I was tempted for about a minute but then I regained my self control. I really want BBL for my 2nd rotation which will start in a week and I am getting STS for my B'day next month so I'll have no time for the new Chalean Extreme work outs anyway! :p

Hi Laura,

I ordered the deluxe upgrade because I really enjoyed Chalean Extreme and wanted more workouts to mix in with it. I actually returned it because the only one I really enjoyed was Dynamic Flow Yoga, the rest were too much like the discs that already come with the program. A lot of moves are repeats with some new ones, but it didnt offer the variety I was looking for, so I returned them.

Lower Body Extreme Zone (40 min)
Extreme Core Circuit (12 min)
Extreme Intervals (40 min)
Dynamic Flow Yoga (40 min)

This was just my opinion, others may have enjoyed them. I thought It was too much money for more of the same. I do love the original program though!

Hope that helps,

Nora

Hi Laura,

I ordered the deluxe upgrade because I really enjoyed Chalean Extreme and wanted more workouts to mix in with it. I actually returned it because the only one I really enjoyed was Dynamic Flow Yoga, the rest were too much like the discs that already come with the program. A lot of moves are repeats with some new ones, but it didnt offer the variety I was looking for, so I returned them.

Lower Body Extreme Zone (40 min)
Extreme Core Circuit (12 min)
Extreme Intervals (40 min)
Dynamic Flow Yoga (40 min)

This was just my opinion, others may have enjoyed them. I thought It was too much money for more of the same. I do love the original program though!

Hope that helps,

Nora

Wow, that's a lot of money for 3 short workouts and one really short workout. I'm passing. Thanks Nora!

I bought them but haven't used them yet--considering just giving them away to a friend or doing a giveaway with them on my blog. I'm doing CLX now but I don't really care for her cardio so I'm doing other stuff for cardio anyway.

Maybe check ebay for better prices, guess you can't return them, but you could resell if you don't like them.

I looked at the deluxe upgrade (through Team Beachbody) and the deluxe package includes 7 extra "deluxe" workouts, plus a bunch of equipment already have for twice the price. Anyone know if it's really worth it?

Description of Deluxe package:
Along with everything in your CE Circuit Training system, you'll get seven more intense cardio and weight training workouts to keep you in the fat-burning zone even longer. Plus, get the resistance tools you need to maximize your results!

Deluxe Package also includes:

* 7 more extreme workouts!
* Weighted Gloves to increase the intensity of your workouts.
* 2 Resistance Bands*—Just as effective as free weights, but portable and convenient!
* Stability Ball to attack your abs and core for blazing-fast results! Choose Medium Ball if you’re under 5’4” and Large Ball if you’re over 5”4”.

I bought them but haven't used them yet--considering just giving them away to a friend or doing a giveaway with them on my blog. I'm doing CLX now but I don't really care for her cardio so I'm doing other stuff for cardio anyway.

Ooh ooh do a giveaway!! :p

HI! I post very little and lurk here, but I had to chime in. I love Cathe and have for many years. However, I was getting really burnt out. I even took 7 weeks off! I just couldn't find the motivation....too weird after 20 years. And I have almost all of her workouts...love her. As I got more advanced these years, each day would be a fight to advance more, push more, lift more which is the point right? But my brain was saying no to that and I have never experienced that little voice saying 'I don't want to push that hard today..'. I just hit a brick wall. And I was a good 'rester', taking a week off each 3 months. Hmmm...

I always enjoyed turbo jam for a little change of pace and a light workout day. Chalean is so different from my Cathe, but she grew on me. So I decided to get her Chalean Extreme program as I am a sucker for heavy weight. I did one workout from the Burn circuit and hated it. Hmmm....then I know better than to just put it down after one try; we have been doing this home fitness thing for years right? So I gave it another shot. I love it. I am almost done with my 90 day and I am seeing better results in breaking through my plateau than I have in years. (Not much weight to lose, just get leaner and meaner is my goal.)

Now...I did order the extra 4 workouts. they are quite similar to those included in the regular package; however, I like them a lot. I am trying to figure out why....and you know, after all these years of pushing so very hard, to see that timer at 30-45 minutes is very refreshing to me. Plus, the results I am getting are motivating.

Now...I love Cathe, and still do a kick butt cardio from her on certain days and always incorporate her core work somewhere, so not only am I following CXT, but supplementing with Cathe cardio once/twice per week and her core, along with CXT. Even with all that, I do not feel burnt and I know that i am fried in under an hour with CXT. This is a serious workout program if you know how to work your self hard; and we have all learned how to do that with Cathe. Chalean may be goofy, but it is up to me to push and work hard; not the instructor, but the levity is nice.

So, to make a long post short, I think the add ons are worth it for CXT. I can never have enough workout variety; and CXT has helped me get back my mojo that I was missing in kicking butt in my workouts. My hope is to keep getting motivated and STS is next. I so want to do that; and it is sitting in my workout library, but just couldn't fire up for the process. CXT is giving me a Cathe break that I really, really needed. I feel like I cheated on Cathe, but Cathe is the one who got me where I am, and will keep me there. But it just goes to show that you have to mix it up; even with time of workouts. (I have to admit, I even pull a Firm out now and then right now and even they can kick your advanced butt if you work hard enough at it...)

Whew...man can I go on and on. Hope this was helpful!

How does CLX compare to STS

How does Chalene extreme compare to STS? I have STS now. I love the intensity of lifting heavy, but I dont like the down time between sets. Is CLX a little faster but less heavy? Which system do you prefer?

How does Chalene extreme compare to STS? I have STS now. I love the intensity of lifting heavy, but I dont like the down time between sets. Is CLX a little faster but less heavy? Which system do you prefer?

I don't have STS, but I think STS is MUCH more intense than CLX. CLX weight workouts, for the most part, are 30ish minutes. The last phase workouts are around 45 minutes. You lift as heavy as possible so you reach failure by the last rep. I would compare it more to Slow & Heavy.

I wanted to note that the rest periods are very short in CLX - only 10 seconds except in some of the cardio workouts where you do a chunk of drills, then get a 1 minute break, then back for another chunk of drill. Still, just based on previews and forum posts alone I think STS is much more intense than CLX.

I am on my 4th month of CLX and agree with the previous poster about not being a fan of her cardio workouts within that series, though I really like doing TurboJam when I need a "fun" cardio workout. I stuck it out for 3 months, doing the CLX cardio workouts as given, but for this 4th month I am shaking it up on the cardio days. Yesterday I did the Low Impact Step + Total Body Sculpting DVD 70-minute step and sculpt circuit premix. I plan to do Cardio Core circuit tomorrow.

I have enjoyed CLX's weight lifting format but will probably do something not quite as lifting intensive before starting STS. I am considering doing a month or two of the P90X cardio-heavy circuit, then maybe a week off before starting STS. Would love some feedback from any experienced Cathletes - do you feel this would be a good plan? Any other suggestions? TIA! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.