CCPP - The RESULTS

banslug

Cathlete
Share your workout thoughts, results, and ENERGY!!!!!!

I did CCPP this morning since my rest day falls on Saturday and this Sunday I start Meso 3 of STS.

I LEFT IT ALL ON THAT TREADMILL, let me tell YOU!
WOW!
I was drenched, my legs and hip flexors were on FIRE, and my heart was pounding! I don't think my HRM could keep up with me! :) I was shooting for at least 7 miles and went beyond that.....I'm super happy, super CHARGED for the day and the upcoming weekend.

I just LOVE doing this workout, especially thinking about all those that are in our lives who are battling illness, death, challenges and LIFE in general. This workout just reminds me every time, how lucky I am. I've got my own challenges and struggles, but it pales in comparison to so many others and it puts everything in perspective!!! Thank you, to all of you, for sharing your stories and inspiration.

Sorry to ramble....it's the endorphins talking!

And I blush everytime Coach Sean calls me/us Barricuda in that first challenge! ;)

GO GET EM, and I'll be waiting at the finish line for each of you!

Gayle

Gayle - ^^^^5's for a GREAT workout and exceeding your 7 mile goal! And thank you for starting the results thread. It was nice to read and will supply me with plenty of encouragement and positive energy when I do my workout tomorrow! And I agree with you about the inspiration I draw from my fellow PPers. I believe we've formed a special bond and I look forward to this workout every month and the chance to connect with everyone. Jim and Sean have given us something truly special.

Now you've given me something to reach for! I've never been able to go beyond 7 miles on my elliptical doing PP with a bonus challenge. I'm not doing a bonus challenge tomorrow because I've been working out hard lately and I need a break, but I'll be training for the next PP Saturday and I hope to catch up to you! :p :D

Well done, Gayle!

Last edited:
I'm done too! I did CCPP today because tomorrow is the last workout for Meso 1! Woo hoo!:)

I was thinking about everyone during the workout, especially those who are facing challenges and injuries and their friends and loved ones who are as well.

For my added challenge, I did the cardio only premix from HSTA. Fun!

WTG Gayle, and I look forward to reading how everyone else did!

I'm done. I did it today because my DH wanted to change our workout plans for the weekend. I had an excellent workout! I added Ch. 3 from V2 and three songs that really motivate and inspire me when I run to them -- "One More" by Superchick (I did hills and varied my speed and resistance with the tempo of the music); "I Run for Life" by Melissa Etheridge (I did varied high intensity itervals); and "Kids in America" (the original, awesome Kim Wilde version from the 80's -- I did alternating 30 second sprints and rests with the changes in the music). It was fun and intense and inspiring -- just what I needed, both physically and mentally. So much of what Sean said really spoke to me today as I thought about so many facing various challenges and heartache. And, like Gayle, I was drenched when it was over -- I literally had to wring my tank out before I could hang it to dry.

Good luck to all doing it tomorrow! I'll be there in spirit!

I did it too :p It is already Saturday where I live. I had to skip the first challenge as I can't do that much running yet.

The workout was so bittersweet. I struggled so badly with challenge 2 and 3. I just wanted to give up and go home... but somehow that wasn't an option either and I used every bit of energy from Sean, Jim and all of you guys to keep going. Believe me I needed it.

But then something amazing happened. I'd started thinking about some goals - one of my goals was to make it to the lake in the national park near where I live and run along part of it like I used to do in the old days. I haven't been able to do that in over 2 years now because of my ankle. And guess what - at the end of challenge 3 I made it there. :p:D I think I must have some sort of spiritual connection with the lake. It just felt so good and so special to see it and be running near it. I even waved to where we scattered my grandads ashes many years ago. When I turned around to come back I truly felt like I'd left some of my emtional pain of losing my dad and the horrors of my medical condition behind. I just don't know the words to describe the feeling, but it was special.

Then suddenly I felt like I had all the energy in the world and almost breezed through challenge 4 & 5 (as much as you can breeze through a CC challenge of course :D)

This was the longest workout I've done in 2 years and it felt good (it even got a little longer as they closed the railway crossing I normally go over so had to take a 10 min detour to get to the next one...). My ankle's already started yelling at me, but that's ok, joining in PP was definitely worth it!

Congratulations to Gayle, Kristi and Jodi on finishing the workout too. It's been so nice to share the experience with everyone on here. I love the energy in the other PP thread and here :) It's so nice to know everyone is here supporting each other.

Good luck to everyone else doing the workout and to all the special people you are dedicating it to. I can't wait to read your posts.

Great job, everybody!

Aussiegirl, I got chills reading your experience!!! And you don't need to explain it more than you already have. Many of us understand that feeling. Something always comes over me at some point in that workout. Sometimes I feel like my DH is running right next to me; or that these young children in my hometown (5 in all) who are ill are watching; yesterday I imagined that B-Man was watching me on TV from his hospital room, sort of like an ESPN episode and I knew I had to perform. It IS quite hard to explain some of those experiences without making it sound 'fake or cheesy'.....but we GET IT!

I can't wait to hear as everybody else begins to share their results!

KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Great job ladies!!

Well the podiatrist told me to wait another week for the bike :( But he did give me permission to do some more leg work. So I will do that today and be thinking of all of youse and your loved ones :)

Finished!!!:D:D:D:D No extra challenge for me today. :( I did BG last night, and my tush is sore, but not too bad. For some reason, though, my feet were killing me. The outside of both feet. Not sure why, same elliptical, same shoes, same me. After an hour, I was done! Still a very sweaty mess. Need to shower, walk the dog, and then we are off to LegoLand Discovery Center. Looks like fun. DH has to work his one Sat a year today, so its just me and DS. Will be doing LegoLand, lunch, and perhaps some oatmeal choc chip cookie baking. DH and I will be doing dinner together late this evening after DS goes to bed ;):p;)

My workout was for all you ladies here who are having difficult times, and your loved ones who are going thru issues. And for DH's grandfather who suffered several mini strokes last weekend and is still in the hospital w/ congestive heart failure. He's 90, and I feel his time is almost up:(:(:(

Congrats on a great workout everyone! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!! Can't wait til next month

Nan

I just finished!

I didn't add a challenge because I didn't have the fuel. I cut starches out of my diet this week(for the beach) and so the workout as-is was enough of a challenge. I was feeling really low on fuel by the 3rd challenge and the thought of everyone here pushed me to do the last 2!
WooHOO! I'm happy I made it to the finish line:D:D:cool::cool:

I'm just getting ready to start my workout (I had to wait for DH to get up because my elliptical is in my bedroom [I've been up since 7:30]), and I'll come back for personals when I'm done. I just wanted to give a shout out to Aussiegal!!! Some of you PPers may not know who she is and I wanted to introduce you to "Tanya in Australia"!!!!!! :eek: :D :D

Have a GREAT workout, everyone. I BBL!

Done! I also had enough to do with the workout as is -- I don't know how you people add on more!! :) Perfect running conditions here -- 55 with fog. I thought about everyone. What more can I say?

-Beth

Just finished. My goal was to finish out at least 6 miles of it without walking so I set my nike + on the ipod for 10K. 10K is more motivating because the voice comes on more often then if I set if for 6 miles (10 x instead of 6). I completed the 10K plus a little more. Then I walked home listening to Sean's inerview with Jim. It was kind of warm here and it really wore me out today, but I kept going while thinking of the rest of us all participating and all the healing and well wishing dedications that we do this for.

Congrats to everyone.

Jean

Good Morning Everyone! I am SO GLAD I was able to participate along with all of you today since last month (my first month at PP) I was a couple of days late due to a migraine!

Aussiegirl, your post was the last post I read before I shut down last night and you really inspired me to push hard today! I thank you for that! :D Welcome!

The weather is beautiful here today! We have a deck off of our bedoroom, which is the home of my spinning bike. :cool: So I had the slider open all the way with fresh air, my bike pointed towards the trees, sunshine and that fantastic workout in my ears! I was a machine today! Highly energized! I really pushed hard (yes I was a sweaty mess!). I then jumped off and did 200 KB swings for my bonus challenge. I did 50 swings at a time with a one minute rest in between. I am now headed down to our trail for a 4 mile walk.

I dedicated this to everyone here and their special mentions. I also dedicate this to a friend whose son was just diagnosed with a brain tumor.

You all inspire me! And thank you Michele! I wouldn't be doing this if not for you! Have a great day!

LOVE reading everyone's results!

Catherine, hope your foot is doing better and that we'll "see" you at next month's CCPP.

Tanya, I am so excited to see you here, and so glad to hear what an uplifting experience you had. I was thinking about you (and everyone else) during the workout. I also usually feel like calling it quits after challenge 3, but my second wind kicks in during 4, and by the end of 5 I feel like I can do anything! I hope your ankle continues to improve!

WTG everyone on their workouts!!! I just love hearing from everyone, and the idea that we're all working out "together"!

Catherine, hope your foot is doing better and that we'll "see" you at next month's CCPP.

Thanks Jodi. It is better, but he just wants me to wait another week to bike again. I tried last week and it really bothered me the next day. I WILL be joining in next month!!

I did some leg stuff today and thought of all of you all!!

Congratulations to everyone for getting through today, and to those who did it in spirit! I always come to the board to read the results -- so far -- posted before I get my CCPP workout in and it really gets me going. Today was certainly no exception. It was wonderful to know that "Tanya in Australia" was able to participate again and had such a moving experience. I'm so glad I'm part of the CC worldwide group!

I did my CCPP this afternoon. I dragged my stationary bike outside on the back patio and pedalled my heart out. LOL, at one point, a Kildeer flew over and, um, eliminated in my direction. Luckily, it was breezy enough that the slimey goo missed me.

My workout was dedicated to Gin, Shannon's friend, my friend Stacey and my doctor's wife.

Great Job everyone on CCPP today!!! I just finished mine. I did include the extra challenge, had a great workout, it's been a while since I have done this workout and I missed it! I was drenched getting off the elliptical and my legs felt great (you know that spent, tired, GREAT feeling) :D

First time I joined in one of these, thanks for having me and wishing everyone an excellent evening!

Jane

Done!!! I think I did my PP pals proud today ;) :D. I didn't add a bonus challenge, but I put my all into it and made the most of the workout. Like Nancy, I read the thread before I climbed onto my elliptical and you guys did not disappoint me. I found all the inspiration and encouragement I needed right here, and I carried each one of you with me, along with your special needs and requests, and I hope it added to the flow of positive energy. You guys are absolutely THE BEST, and this is my favorite check in group!!
16.gif

Jodi - It amazes me that you can add a step routine after doing PP!! You GO girl!!!! That's awesome!! I'm sure you did Cathe proud. ;) :D

Kristi - I love that challenge from volume 2, but I don't think I'm familiar with the other songs you mentioned. I'm going to have to check them out in iTunes. I, too, am touched by so much of what Sean and Jim say in this workout. It's food for thought, that is for sure. I said a special prayer for the young man who lost his dad.

Tanya - That you worked out with us today REALLY hit me hard. You and I have been through a lot together in the past year, haven't we, and I KNOW how much this workout means to you. I couldn't hold back my tears when I read your report. I still have that photo of you running and I put it up where I could see it, and it brought real joy to my heart to think of you participating in something that you've been missing for so long. I know your dad and granddad were smiling upon you today. ;) Now you take care of that ankle, young lady!!
16.gif

Nan - Congratualtions on a great workout! I hope your poor feet held up for the trip to Legoland! :D

Jean - ^^^ 5's to you for exceeding your 6 mile goal!! That's AWESOME!!

Jo - Oh my goodness! Thank you for the shout out, but I'm sure you would've heard about CC on Cathe's forum sooner or later. But I'm always happy to enable a newbie :p :D. I'm in awe of you for following PP with 200 KB swings AND a 4 mile walk -- YOU GO GIRL!! Your workout area sounds breathtaking!!

Catherine - I'm so sorry you couldn't join us, but it's better to exercise caution. Press Play Saturday is as dependable as the sunrise and sunset and it's coming around again next month. I can't wait for you to join us!

Nancy - I'm sending PP vibes your way!! Have GREAT workout! :D

Robin - I thought about putting my bike in the trainer and setting it on my patio but it was too hot and sunny. I did the workout on my elliptical which is in my stifling hot bedroom instead :p. I REALLY have to find a way to cool down my second floor. It gets SO hot up there. It sounds like that shift in the wind came at just the right time! :p :D

^^^5's to everyone!!!

ETA Hi Jane! Welcome to PP Saturday -- it's so nice to welcome a newbie!! Congratulations on a great workout! And yes, I KNOW that feeling -- LOL!! :D

Last edited:
I wasn't able to do CCPP this time around. I woke up feeling just awful and my throat felt like I was swallowing glass :(:( I will try to get mine done next week when my energy returns.

I still really loved reading about how everyone else did and the special-ness of each workout. Way to go everyone!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.