CCPP--early results

{{{Tanya}}}

I'm so sorry about your setback:( NOT FAIR!! You have been through so much and it just breaks my heart to hear this. I always throw a wave your way when I hear your name at the beginning of the workout. I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to the day you can run with us again. Please take care and keep us posted on your progress.

Here's a very late post!

Congrats to everyone who did the PP workout. I hope you felt me all in spirit. I had a setback a few weeks ago and haven't been able to run since, but I'll get back there.

Kitty was an amazing woman. She had an amazing presence on the CC forum a few years back. I think she also held a special place in Sean's heart. I remember him saying he went to her funeral too.
Tanya

I was wondering whether you would be participating this weekend. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to. Thank you for that tribute to Kitty.

Well, here are my LATE results - the title of the thread does not exactly apply to me! I was in a triathlon last weekend so I did not do CCPP but wanted to get it in so I did it last night. As always, it was great and very inspirational.

Here are my results: I have another race coming up on the 12th, so with that in mind, I kept to the three sports. I biked the warm up and steady 1, ran challenge 1, biked steady 2 and challenge 2, ran challenge 3, biked steady 3 and challenge 4, ran challenge 5 and biked the rest of the cool down (stopping just before it was over - there were only a couple of minutes left but I was DONE and sometimes that song bores me). Calorie burn was 711, MAX HR was 181, AVG HR was 160, time was 1:05:55. I ran 2.61 miles and biked 8.5. For the additional challenge, I swam 2X350 meters, splitting it half before and half after.

Oh, how sad about Kitty. I just went back and read some posts. I had always wondered about that too. Life is tragic and unfair sometimes. It is a good reminder to feel the blessings of our health on a daily basis. I did not know her through the boards but my thoughts and prayers go out to her husband. Thanks, Michele, for the update.

{{{{{Tanya}}}}} We'll do it for you until you can do it for yourself. smooch!

Shana -- OMG you blow me away!!! ^^^5's for a fantastic workout, especially on top of a triathlon!! :eek:

I have not had a chance to do the workout :(. We have been so busy -- we were out of town last weekend, and then DH was off Tuesday and we were gone all day, and my SIL and her family got in yesterday from LA and are here for the long weekend. I may not get to PP until next week. If I can't get to it next week, I might have to blow it off until the ned of the month. :(

Yes, Tanya! It was so great to have you join us last month. Hope you heal soon and join us again. Meanwhile, I second Michele's motion to do CCPP for you!

Hi !
Please forgive my ignorance... what is CCPP?

Is it a new Cardio coach workout? I thought I had all of the CC workouts, but don't know what that CCPP is? Sounds GREAT!!

Linda

Cardio Coach Press Play - CCPP - it is a conglomeration of several CC workouts and is very inspirational. You buy it only at http://www.jimmaclaren.com/shop.htm. He has a Choose Living site but it seems to be down. It is Jim MacLaren's site but a CC workout. Is that as clearn as mud??:p

thanks so much for the information. since the site is down, I wasn't able to get the Workout Information. Is this an extra long or extra tough CC workout? what is so different about it from the other 9 CC workouts?

Thanks !

Linda

Linda the workout is just over an hour long. It's a mix (almost best of) from lots of Sean's workout's. He's also added in lots of inspirational words and has an amazing interview with Jim on it too. It really is a great workout!! I get moved to tears sometimes with it.
Tanya

thanks so much for the information. since the site is down, I wasn't able to get the Workout Information. Is this an extra long or extra tough CC workout? what is so different about it from the other 9 CC workouts?

Thanks !

Linda
Linda, the only thing I would add to what Tanya said is that the workout is TOUGH!! It has FIVE challenges :eek:. It was created a few months before Volume 7 was released and Press Play gave us sneak peak. It's a wonderful workout -- it includes tracks from Volumes 1 through 7 and Sean and Todd Washburn did a fantastic job of putting it together. I think you'll find it both inspirational and motivational. I'm not sure why the link isn't working unless it has something to do with the new CC website (the link took you to the CC website). I'll email Coach Sean and let him know. If things are okay on his end, I'll email Jim's sister.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.