Cathletes Gettin' To Goal~Sept 20-26

pugw

Cathlete
Getting us started for the week. :D I'll be back to add on. I'm always afraid that someone else is starting a new thread at the same time. :eek:

I'm back. :D

I'm ready to get serious. I want to wear jeans and feel comfortable in them. Nothing feels better than being able to slide into a pair of jeans and know that they fit good. None of mine fit now. I did buy a pair at the Gap outlet in our local mall to carry me through until I can wear some of my others. I need to think about this when I'm considering eating all the cookies on the plate.:eek:

I had some of the girls from my Ya Ya check-in over to my house on Saturday and we had a great time. Ate way too much, too. It was so much fun to have them here. I didn't upload any photos because my camera wouldn't work when they were here but another girl did and you can probably see them from my wall on FB if you want. :D

Nice room, Nancy. Do you put down mats or something to w/o on? I have rubber mats over a tile floor right now and it's not bothering me. I used to have pics of my room on my Cathe Space but took them down. I can post some if you like.

Cute pic, Linda. Sorry your knees are bothering you. Maybe you'll be ready to start by the time Shock Cardio comes out and several of us can start at the same time. You'll have to take pics of your new room when you get it together.

Lacy, that's awful about your friend. I was always afraid that I was going to do that when I was working. Good for you for choosing family over a w/o. Sometimes that's exactly what we need to do. :D

Jacque, that resort looks absolutely gorgeous. I hope you guys had a great time. I love Casting Crowns, too. :D What application are you using for tracking your food?

Lisa, are you feeling better? How did your DH do with his tractors and did you get any funnel cake? LOL

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I'm buckling down and getting serious this week. :p I mean it this time. LOL

Let's Roll!

Thanks for starting us, Rhondalyn!

I didn't accomplish everything I set out to do this weekend but the laundry's done, the house is clean, the food for lunches is prepped, and the bills are paid. :D

I saw the movie-Love Happens-it was cute. Pioneer Days was fun. DH was out there for 3 days, I lasted about 3 hours! :eek: It was a huge field/area filled with tractors, stuff to buy for tractors, and food booths. Unfortunately, there was no funnel cake! They had cheese curds but I wasn't in the mood for fried cheese! :p DH just called and he's on his way home now. I miss him!

My back/hip/leg/calf, etc. are feeling pretty darn good! No sign of the radiating sciatic pain-YAY! I have quickly figured out that I really don't like Leslie Sansone workouts or walking outside. I get bored. I don't have an ipod or anything else to listed to music on. Not sure if that would even help. I wish I had room for a treadmill-I love watching TV. Maybe I'll pull out my Kathy Smith Fat Burning Workout. :p I did find one Slim Series dvd that I can do: Cardio Sculpt. It's an upper body workout with light weights and a band, and there is no lower body work. So far so good.

This was NOT a good food weekend for me. I have got to get to the heart of why I am constantly reaching for food. Very frustrating.

Rhondalyn: Sounds like a fun Saturday night! I'll have to check out your wall! :) Boy oh boy, I am right there with you on wanting to put on jeans that fit and feel good in them. I have a pair of size 10 jeans in my closet that fit just a year or so ago. Pretty sure I can't get the up past my knees now! :eek: The "funny" part is is that when they fit I STILL felt like I was a big blob and needed to lose 10/15 pounds. At that time, I was comparing myself to my SIL who wears a size 2 or 4. :( Now I would do ALMOST anything to fit into the 10's, heck...even 12's! Anyway...

Linda: How did the Race for the Cure go? Good job on raising so much money! Awesome! My sister lives in Eugene! Small world. ITA with Nancy on trying out the Core/Filling Foods option for WW's. I had the most success when I was eating mainly Core foods (I wasn't even on the Core Plan). Hmmm..maybe I should listen to my own advice?? :confused: I hope your knee feels better soon. I know how frustrating it is when you can't do the workout you want to do! Do you take any fish oil or glucosamine? I hear that helps. How was Ikea? I love that store! How's your workout room coming along? Hope you're able to get it done before you're back to work.

Nancy: *So* jealous of your workout room!! Wow-it's awesome! I noticed your Firm Step ;) Since you're recording things to avoid commercials, you should get TiVo!! Now don't laugh when I say this but, it will change your life! :eek::eek: Seriously, it is an awesome thing. I always start watching my shows about 10-20 min after they start; I can FF thru the commercials and then instead of 30 min watching TV, it's only about 22 min. :)

Jacque: How was the Casting Crowns concert? I really like their music. I saw them a couple years ago when they opened for Third Day (my favorite) and they put on a better show than Third Day! They brought down the house! :cool: What a beautiful resort! The pictures on the website make me want to go there! I have friends that live in Scottsdale and we stayed with them when we visited...now I want to stay at that resort!! :eek: Probably more expensive though... ;) I thought about getting a food track app for my BlackBerry but wasn't sure if I'd use it.

Lacy: Glad you got to spend time with your girls! :) I hope your coworker is doing okay-how scary! Yeah, I don't know what's up with Jillian' mouth! :eek: She's always been a yeller-which doesn't bother me-but excessive swearing isn't called for!

Heather: Congratulations on the 4lb loss!! Awesome! I hear good things about light therapy. If DH gets me STS for Christmas, I'll start it with you in January!! :)

Melissa: Were you moving this weekend? Hope all is well!

Have a great week everyone! :D

Last edited:
Cathletes Gettin' to Goal Check-in

What a blessed Sunday! After a delightful worship service, I went to HEB and met a woman who teaches Mediterranean cooking classes. Her classes are full until the new year, but she shared her hummus recipe and tips for making smooth and creamy hummus. As I discovered Labor Day weekend, I need a food processor to create the smooth and creamy texture I like. She encouraged me that homemade hummus tastes better and is better for me, not to mention less expensive. I am very sensitive to MSG, so I need to invest in a food processor or add it to my Christmas wish list.

I enjoyed a restorative nap and spent the rest of the afternoon with a friend. She treated me to an organic whole wheat wrap at Jason’s Deli. I went shopping in her closet too. LOL! She is a serious shopaholic. Oh my word! I have never seen so many clothes! She gave me a few cute outfits from Macy’s that look great on me! After she wears something once or twice, she is bored with it! These clothes are practically brand new. Some of the clothes she is giving away still have tags on them! I helped her clean her closet and sort clothes for charity. I was blessed with free new clothes, and she was blessed with a clutter free closet and all the cash I found in the pockets!

We started a new Zumba class at the club yesterday morning, so I can enjoy Zumba 4-5 days a week! Monday after work is the Zumba class in the ballroom downtown. Yippee! I am really enjoying swimming too.

Rhondalyn, I am glad you had fun with the Ya Yas this weekend! My size 28 jeans are getting baggy in the butt after a month of Zumba, but I do not want to buy new jeans yet. I keep putting them in the dryer and hoping they will shrink! I do not have any size 26 jeans or pants in my closet, and I am not small enough for size 24 yet.

Lisa, I hope your husband gives you STS for Christmas. I need an STS friend to hold my hand through that rotation. LOL! Have you ever read Intuitive Eating? I highly recommend it for learning to make peace with food and face emotions without comfort eating.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Happy Monday! I started with Cheerios and skim milk this morning (Thanks Dr Oz)...I'm ready to see that scale down a pound on Friday!! Rhondalynn...I'm in with you on the "getting Serious." Sometimes its all about changing your mind. I have a magnet that I read from time to time. It says " Nothing tastes as Good as Thin Feels." I've yet to determine if this is true, but I am going to try to find out! My other favorite magnet has a piece of cake on it...its says, "If you don't want Junk in the Trunk, Don't put it in Your Mouth." You have to love cafepress.com for all that fun stuff!

Lisa, I want to see Love Happens!...maybe I can get there next weekend...right now I am fixated on New Moon that comes out in November...anyone read the Twilight series?...I know, thats a whole other thread! Glad to hear your pain is better this week!

Nancy, I love your workout room! I am trying to figure out how to attach directly to the forum like you did and I will post mine.

Have a great week everyone!

Good Morning!

Today I did CTX Step and Intervals/chest. I couldn't remember what order I usually did these when I went down so I just did what sounded good at the time. :D I looked it up when I got back upstairs and found that I normally did circuit/back first. Not that it really matters, I just like this particular lineup. I think these w/os are about the perfect length for me. :)

Lacy, I'm going to see a drop this week, too. I mean it. :eek: I'll try to post a few pics a little later as well.

Wow, Heather! What a great trade for you! I keep looking at the Vita-Mix and drooling. I'm considering asking for it for Christmas but don't know if I'll use it enough to get my money out of it. I always have big plans and think I will but you know how that goes. And they are quite expensive to just have sitting around somewhere.

Lisa, I'm so glad that you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully you can rein in the eating this week as well. Let's all go for a drop this week. We can do it! Maybe we need some of Lacy's magnets on our fridges. LOL

Okay!! Well, I'm fired up to lose lose lose this week!! Let's do this thing!! ;) :eek:

I've tracked all my food today...and still have calories left for dinner!! :p I slept in a bit so I'll get my walking (which will be a video as it's raining) in tonight. Then I'll plop myself down in front of the TV and watch all the season premiers on CBS!! :D

I checked out cafepress.com-they have some funny magnets! I just might breakdown and get a couple!! Anything to stay focused!

Lacy: I haven't read any of the Twilight series but I did see the movie. I think I would have liked the movie better if I'd read the book-felt like I was missing something. Or maybe I'm just "Lost Boys" fan through and through! ;)

Rhondalyn: It's nice to hear you're doing CTX...since I can't/am not allowed to do it, I'm glad you can!! :D I always started with Power Circuits too! It's just such a great series!

Heather: How awesome that you got to shop in your friend's closet!! I love it when stuff like that works out for everyone!! Cool! I will definitely google Intuitive Eating and check it out! Thanks!

Motivated and ready for the week!! :D

Monday

Rhondalyn, you're so right about the jeans -- you described it perfectly! I have no winter clothes in my closet (got rid of everything in a big purge a few months ago), so I'm going to need to completely stock my closet. I sure don't want to do it in the size I am, but I'm clearly going to have to do some interim shopping. Sounds like you had a great time with your Yaya friends. Isn't it amazing how close people can become through the Internet! As far as my workout room, I do put down puzzle mats when I'm working with heavy weights. I don't leave them down because they would get in the way of cardio, not to mention they would look really ugly right out in the open and the cats would destroy them anyway. I'm always interested in seeing pictures of other people's workout areas. Stay strong this week!

Lisa, I'm so happy for you concerning your improved back/leg pain -- looks like that cortisone shot is doing the trick. I do hope you can find something that keeps your attention exercise wise. Perception is a funny thing, isn't it? I look back at some high school pictures and see how wonderful I looked. Yet, I was always fighting my weight and was bigger than my friends -- at least I thought I was. You wouldn't know it from seeing the pictures. It's really something to think about. Yeah, even though I rarely do any FIRM workouts anymore, I'm definitely not ready to give up my TransFIRMer, so there it sits propping up my Club Step. I've thought about TiVo or going to digital cable, but that's as far as I've gotten. We've never looked into it. We should, I guess. I hope today went well with your new receptionist.

Heather, you really scored in the clothing department. Way to go! And on top of that you get to add more Zumba to your life -- lucky you! Is each class different or is there a set routine for the classes?

Lacy, do you use Quick Reply? If so, I don't think the Attach Files option is there (but I'm not sure). In the Post Reply window underneath the typing box is a section called Additional Options. One of those is Attach Files/Manage Attachments. That's how I was able to add my photos into my post.

Today was my first official CLX workout. It's going to take some getting used to with the compound moves and verrry slow reps, but I liked it. I followed up with the Yaya Hill Interval (as I call it). Have a great week everyone!

Hello everyone. I was without internet for the weekend. I can't believe how often I look things ups on it until I can't. My whole family also had a really bad cold. The little one was sick after only 4 days at the babysitter's house. She had a mild case and gave it to everyone...her sister, my DH, me, all 4 grandparents, her aunt and uncles. So...I didn't work out for 4 days. I really needed the sleep. Plus last wed I did only 1 segment of low max because my knees were bothering me. They were bothering me on Tuesday when I did Max Intensity Cardio (I think) so I needed the break. I did 4DS Biceps and Triceps this afternoon. It felt good to get back into the groove.

We did get our house! We put an offer in on Mon night and as of Wed he rejected our counter-offer and we rejected his. He needed to sell his house and we knew that so we weren't going to budge. Plus the guy was a real jerk. So I was disappointed but my husband said he knew the guy would come around. On Friday morning we got a call that he would accept our offer if we still wanted the house. (Our offer expired on Wed). Our new house is huge. I love lots of space. We have 4 full baths and a nice kitchen. There is also an unfinished bonus room over the garage. I will probably use it for storage until I can get it ready for a workout room. In the meantime I will use the basement.

I have been eating better but not much. For some reason I am always hungry...like stomach growling at 9:30 am and again at bedtime and then at 3 am. I have been eating the same amount of food...don't know. I even lost a pound last week.

I am going to have to go back and read everyone's posts last week as I do not know what everyone is talking about here now.

Have a good night.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to see everyone here and to hear that you're all doing well. Today's workout was Muscle Max. I'm with you on getting serious. I really need a loss this week. I realized that I'm not going to meet my goal of losing 15 lbs. by my birthday. :( Right now I'll take any kind of loss. My STS Tower came today. Did anyone else order one? When I'm done checking in I'm going to go downstairs and attempt to put it together (I really despise assembling things).

Nancy: The Montelucia is a beautiful resort. I highly recommend it. You're right there is a big gap between my kids; 6 years between each of the three. My oldest will be starting college when my daughter goes to kindergarten.:eek: Safford lost their game against Empire on Friday 21-7.:( This week is homecoming and they play Florence. Hopefully, they can win that game. I love your workout room. Isn't it nice to have a space all to yourself? I wouldn't give mine up for anything. :p Hang in there with CLX. It is different but I liked it for the most part.

Melissa: I'm glad you got the house you wanted. It sounds great. Sorry to hear everyone's been sick.

Lisa: Casting Crowns was great! The tour was to promote their new album which hasn't come out yet. It sounds like it'll be another good one. I saw Third Day a couple of months ago but I think I liked CC better. I'm thinking about getting tickets for Jeremy Camp next, he'll be here in November. I'm glad to hear that your shot helped. There's nothing like feeling well again.:) DH and I caught a couple of good movies this weekend: 500 Days of Summer and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I enjoyed both of them. I just wish I could go to the movies and not eat the popcorn :eek: Good thing we don't go very often.

Lacy: What did Dr. Oz say about Cheerios and skim milk exactly? That's one of my favorite breakfasts (with bananas of course.) How's your daughter liking kindergarten?

Heather: That's great that you were able to get some nice clothes from your friend. Sounds like you really made out!:) Keep up the good work and you'll be in those 24's in no time.:)

Rondalynn: Sounds like you had a great time with your Ya-Ya friends.:) I'm using the Livingstrong app to track my food and activity. I really like it so far. The wedding must be getting close. How much longer until the big day?

Linda: How was your Race for the Cure? Sorry to hear you're having knee problems.:(

I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers for my sister. The last two Sunday mornings she's come to church with me. Today she was suppossed to file for divorce (again) I'll never understand why she married him again (just 6 weeks after divorcing him). I just hope she's able to find a job soon. She was laid off from her job several months ago and hasn't been able to find anything yet.:( The job market in this area is really bad. Probably one of the worst in the country.

Since we're sharing pics of our workout areas I wanted to share some of mine. It's easiest for me to just post a link to my Facebook pics: www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5720&id=100000018510001&l=f872419a87
Well, I'm on my way downstairs to put together my newest piece of exercise equipment.:cool:

Gonna try to upload some pics while I'm waiting for my chicken to get done. :) Just took these and it's looking a little used at the moment. LOL I'll be back after I get my w/o in.

Attachments

• DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
Rhondalyn: What are the hours of your gym and how much for a single membership?!! :eek::eek::eek: WOW!! I'm speechless! What a great workout space you have!! I don't think I would ever leave the house!! LOL!!

I was just taking a quick break to look at the forums and noticed your post and HAD to comment!!

I'll check in later with some personals... :D

I did CTX circuit/back this morning. I'm so glad that I decided to do these this week because I really do like them. :D

I've been cooking white chili this morning and the house smells so good. I also made a chocolate chip cookie cake and it looks like I'll have to do some cornbread as well before I leave this afternoon. :confused: Eating is under control though yesterday and today. I'm going for a good week. :D

LOL Lisa. I know I'm blessed to have a great w/o room. It's my favorite room in the house. ;)

Jacque
, the wedding is less than 3 weeks now. :eek: Did you get your tower together? I didn't order one because I really don't need it. I'm anxious to hear how you like yours though. You've also got a great w/o space! :D Yours is much neater than mine. LOL Do you use your punching bag much?

Melissa, that's great news about the house!:D It sounds like you did need a break. I know how bad you can feel from those pesky colds.

Nancy, we did have a good time on Saturday. Have fun with CLX. It's definitely different from STS but I enjoyed it. Until STS came in, that is. :p

Better go do something. ;) TTYL

part 1 (guess I wrote too much)

Hi Everyone!
Glad I asked Nancy about her workout area/room, from there she posted pics if her room and so did Jacque and Rhondalyn so far that I have seen. Very fun to see!

This is going to be a weird week, but, probably not a bad week in the end.
Well, yesterday, which was Monday, I had a PT appointment, but, I thought it was today, so I completely missed it. That is okay, because, I decided to get a free consultation with the Egosque folks that DH is going to. Their intent is to align you, if you are off alignment. I stood next to a grid and had my pics taken on all 4 sides of me. I saw several things wrong, with my posture, my hip positions not being straight, R shoulder lower than left, and knees turned in. My knee problems seem to be due to the misalignment issues(kneecap isn’t centered, and I have wearing of the meniscus on the inner knee).The guy there worked with me on some exercises/sort of stretches that help build memory into your muscles to help them work as they should. It sounds a little like hocus pocus, but makes sense because the exercises felt right. It is kind of weird that on my own, I knew certain things about my legs were not aligned and I would sometimes stand a certain way, or lay down a certain way to get them aligned because it felt better. He showed me ways to position my body then work/stretch muscles to align and build the muscle memory. The part where he was showing me the actual exercises was actually a session that I was able to apply 1 session out of my husband package, so no cost yet. Well, what I decided to do was to do Egoscue for a week possibly 2 and see how I feel.

In the meantime I’m thinking of cancelling my PT appointments. She gave me 3 really easy exercises(she knew I was an avid exerciser), that didn’t really feel like they were doing anything. I asked to put ankle weights on the leg lifts, but she did not want me to. Possibly she was being cautious for the first session. Anyway, I think I don’t want to mix the PT up with the Egoscue, so that I can tell if there’s anything to the Egosque methods that will improve my misalignments.

The other thing I’m prepping for today is realllllllllly gross! Tomorrow I have my colonoscopy(because those of us over 50 have been advised to get them). I’ve been drinking that gallon of gross tasting liquid for the last 3 hours. Every 15 minutes drink 8 ounces of this stuff, and be by the toilet!!! Actually, I am not hungry right now because I have to keep drinking that stuff. I can tell you it is no fun. Tomorrow they put me out part way(I am suppose to be awake enough to follow commands). That is suppose to be the easy part. I will be glad to eat real food tomorrow!!! Also, hoping to not find anything bad in my plumbing…

On a side note, I hope I don’t go hog wild over food when I’m done with this procedure. My husband told me to take some food in a cooler with me, because I will have to wait afterwards, so I’m bringing some honey yogurt and some Sushi from Trader Joes-I know this is sort of generic, and not as good as fresh, but I think I need something kind of bland and these 2 items sound pretty good to me right now. For dinner, I’ll see how I feel,m but, something definitely salad-like!

Getting back to exercise, yesterday I did the 2 workouts on Lauren Brook’s Kettlebell DVD, about an hour long. That felt good, as I keep forgetting about her workout and kettlebells. I’ll be taking 2 days off from exercising because of the colonoscopy, but, that’s okay – I don’t think my body will feel like exercise, although I will do the Egosque exercises, as they aren’t very vigorous.

I can’t remember if I posted that I got my daughter’s room painted the green she wanted, and got everything moved back in a hung back on the walls. She wants to make some changes, such as taking a quilt off the wall and replacing it with a poster.
I just put her room back together when she was at school. So, I’ll have her figure out what changes she wants, but I’m done with THAT project for now (basically)!

Tonight after I get done with this procedure’s prep, we will start in the computer room to revamp it to the computer/workout room. We going to remove all the stuff off the current entertainment center. Tomorrow the Volunteers of America will take it away. I have to clear out/organize the closet, too. That will leave one blank wall. That’s the first step, and more organizing and moving desks out/around tomorrow. My room is bright, too, sort of a bright coral ‘coz it reminds me of the colors while we were in Mexico J. I hope it is not TOO bright!

Nancy: thanks for filling me in on the Torch Run fundraisers for Special Olympics. That sounds like a good org to be involved with- I will look at the links you provided. Thanks for posting pics of your workout area. Looks like you’ve got a designation for each and everything in your space! I like how the ends of the shelves can be accessed from the sides to get the DVD’s. I hadn’t seen any shelves like that—they all are accessed from the front. I got a short about 28” tall and wide 54.5” wide stand for my TV with glass doors and middle shelves. Have to put it together – got it from IKEA. It will put the TV at the correct height for me to look straight on to it, I think. Oh, thanks for accepting my friend request on FB! Just remembered that I wanted to tell you I did try core before, and I ate sooooooo much, it made me gain, and that was actually the start of my gains! Yikes! Some people do really well on it, but, I just cannot stop eating. They say you don’t have to track, and you can eat all these things, but, avocadoes???? Ya may as well put a couple of dumbbells on my scale! I WISH I could do core or filling foods or whatever that is called. I havne’t been to any meetings for 3 months, since they are at work, and I’ve been off for that long….

Hi Rhondalyn: I read the comments about your jeans and wanting to be comfortable in them. I’m in the same boat with jeans and last year’s summer pants. I can put them on, but they are TIGHT. I guess that was part of my goal to be able to fit into them, meaning fit into them comfortably. I sure did like your workout room. All the mirrors (on 3 sides) made it look like you had 4x the stuff you really had, and made the room appear bigger, too. Where did you buy your mirrors? I might be able to put mirrors on one of my “empty” walls J. I had forgot, I had bought some puzzle type mats a long time ago, but, they are not foamy like that, but they interlock kind of alrmost permanently, and they are woodgrain looking, but still bouncy. I think I will put those in my room when I get it to that point! Thanks for the inspirations. I think it will be easier to do pivot type moves, instead of making accommodations on a rug…

Hi Lisa: It is fun to see you on FB. I think I am liking FB ‘coz you don’t have to type big long dissertations! J Anyway, I am glad that cortisone injection is working for you. Like I wrote above, I’m going to try the Egosque method for my knees awhile, as my husband uses it for his sciatica. I can’t remember if I wrote that the Santa Monica trip shot only lated 2 weeks. Egosque has helped him, but, he gets set back really easily(just walking around IKEA set him back, and I did most of the lifting of the shelving, ‘coz that sort of screwed him up). I can’t remember if you settled on a receptionist yet? I hope so, then work will be smoother. Could that be a stressor to your eating possibly? For me, I just like food too much, that I eat it –that’s my bottom line…and yes, I’m frustrated why I can’t “be good” like so many people are. Food seems to control my life. I am glad I like to exercise, though.

(continued on next post)

part 2 of "Guess I wrote too much"

Lacy: I had heard your magnet saying before, the one that says, “ nothing tastes as good as thin feels”. My first Weight Watcher leader use to say that all the time. She was thin, but, not toned! I like toned better than skinny! My current WW leader is toned, but not thin. She teaches at 24 hour fitness things like weight training and kickbox, and I can’t remember what else. She also knows what “eating clean” is. She is one of the better leaders at WW , I think! She also went on the Race for the Cure with us!

Jacque: I finally got a chance to look at your son’s pics. I thought to myself, “Gee, he looks like he could be a football player”. J Then I re-read a post of yours referring to a football game of his that you missed…
Also, looked at the resort you were at. I just love resorts like that – We’ve stayed in some nice one’s related to our timeshare. I liked the one in Mexico we were at this year(no, I didn’t get swine flu!).

Melissa: That’s terrible that everyone in your family had a bad cold. But, the good thing is(hopefully!) is that are less likely to get sick for awhile, now that they’ve got the first cold of the season, least that’s how it works for me! Glad you got the house. Sounds like a nice big house, one that you can have a room dedicated for you workout room!! And, a nice kitchen. What else could you ask for? Congrats. When do you move in?

Hi Heather: That’s cool you got some great “new” clothes from shopping at your friend’s. I’m not so lucky to have friends my size that would give me their clothes J. Have you ever tried the Mediterranean Hummus from Trader Joe’s(uh, there goes the TJ advertising again!). I can’t buy the bigger container, because I will eat so much of it at one sitting – not a good thing for me! It tastes so good, though. It’s good to buy if you are going to a gathering so other people will eat it up!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Tuesday

Melissa, congratulations on sticking to your offer and getting the house you wanted. It does sound huge -- enjoy filling up that space! I hope it doesn't take too long for you to get that dream workout room set up.

And speaking of dream workout rooms...

Rhondalyn, Pug's Body Shop is incredible! You are one lucky lady. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Jacque, I did not order the Tower since I already have the Valor squat racks. How did assembly go? Your workout area is great, too. It's so nice to have that dedicated space.

Linda, you have had so much going on! First of all, good luck with the colonoscopy. I've had two -- the first because of family history and the second because of age. The prep is absolutely the worst. Where I get mine done the use what they call "conscious sedation." You are awake, but they also give you Versed so you don't remember a single thing about it when it's over. I was very sleepy after both times, but I heard that they were using a new sedation now that enables you to wake right up and even be able to drive yourself home. I really like the part about not remembering it! I have a friend to asked to be awake because she wanted to see everything. No thanks. It's interesting that you talk about you consciously aligning yourself sometimes to what feels like a better "fit" for your body. I am flatfooted, and yet over the years I have learned first through conscious effort and now pretty much automatically to roll my feet to the outside when I'm standing so that my legs are aligned correctly. I had a doctor tell me once that that intuitive correction has saved me from a lot of problems over the years. I still need the appropriate (expensive) running shoes to compensate for my pronation or else it wreaks havoc with my back, but it's good to know things like that method you and your husband are doing probably are more than hocus pocus.

My workout for the day was spending time on the treadmill while watching TBL tonight. It did about 45 minutes, including the hill intervals. I'll have my second CLX workout tomorrow. Stay strong everyone, both physically and in meeting all of those food challenges that face us constantly.

It's interesting that you talk about you consciously aligning yourself sometimes to what feels like a better "fit" for your body. I am flatfooted, and yet over the years I have learned first through conscious effort and now pretty much automatically to roll my feet to the outside when I'm standing so that my legs are aligned correctly. I had a doctor tell me once that that intuitive correction has saved me from a lot of problems over the years. I still need the appropriate (expensive) running shoes to compensate for my pronation or else it wreaks havoc with my back, but it's good to know things like that method you and your husband are doing probably are more than hocus pocus.

Hi Nancy:
I I'm flat footed, too and because I'm knocked-kneed my legs turn in, so I do the same as you--> automatically rooll my feet to the outside when standing. When I do this, I'm still "turned in", so you are lucky your legs are alignhing! I think my problem is somewhat worse than yours, so I need the special exercises :). What kind of shoes do you use, and when your shoes wear to they wear on the inside or outside edges? My shoes wear on the outside, but the guy at the clinic said I roll from the outside to inside, but at the time i didn't think to telling him about my shoe wear, but that makes sense about shoes wearing from outside as that's wear it hits first when I walk. (We also watched how I walked in the mirrors. )

Looks like you work out late at night? I "try" to work out in the a.m., but it ends up late morning when I am off work. When I start work, it will be at 5:30 a.m.--- boo hoo!

I weighed myself this morning, but my weigh is not down from the last time I weighed!! I did not lose the weight from the colonoscopy coctail--darn. I didn't feel lighter either. My husband temporarily lost 4 pounds, and another person lost 5 pounds, so I don't know why I didn't! I've been drinking water, up until now to keep hydrated, though.I'll be partially awake in the procedure, too, but, they definitely don't want me to drive. I have to be there in 2 hours, then the procedure starts 1 hour later at 9:00...

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I did CTX All Step/shoulders today. Great w/o!

Linda, good luck with your scope. I had my first one this year. I don't think I could have taken the gallon jug prep. I know it would have come back up. My doc gave me pills and it worked fine. Sure glad it's over though.

This is a quickie for me. I need to get out and do some errands. Y'all have a great day!

Good morning everybody! I haven't done my workout for the day yet. Today calls for a circuit workout though. Yesterday I did Insanity Pure Cardio. These workouts really are insane :eek:. I don't know if I could follow an Insanity rotation. I think it may be too much. I will be incorporating them more into my routine though. I had a bad migraine last night so I went to bed early.

The STS Tower was a cinch to put together. I really like it. I tried some pull-ups after I got it together. I was disapointed to find that I can't do the vertical pull-ups or chin-ups(like Cathe) I can do the horizontal ones though. Maybe when I lose 20 lbs I'll be able to do the harder ones.:confused:

Rondalynn: Three weeks will be here before you know it. I love your workout space! I really want to put up some mirrors like what you have but haven't been able to find any around here. Amy Bento has a couple of workouts that use the heavy bag. I'm hoping that one of Cathe's new ones (like the MMA one) will incorporate the heavy bag. I'd love to add another piece of cardio equipment or even some weight machines (like total gym or bowflex) but I've run out of room. White chili sounds delicious (so does the cake). I love the CTX workouts also (well, except for Leaner Legs :p).

Linda: I hope the scope goes well for you. I don't think I could drink all that yucky stuff. Don't you feel accomplished when you complete a project like re-doing your daughter's room? I'm sure it's lovely. I want to clean and organize my garage. Now that the weather is finally starting to cool down it's on the top of my to-do list one of these Saturday's when I don't have anything else going on. I've already bought the shelves for it.

Nancy: Enjoy your CLX workout today? Have you done any of the cardio ones yet? I really like them.

Have a great day!

The whole procedure was only about 15 minutes and i'm done! It wasn't really so bad, either. I saw the screen where the scope was going up...
Oh, yeah, they gave me sodium pentathol(sp?) and I was sleepy at first, but alert the whole time. So, anyway it was all kind of interesting to watch the scope screen, and watch my vitals. No problems at all, and I don't have to come back for 5-10 years. Found out that there are various ways to prep. Next time I am definitely not going to drink a gallon of the stuff--blech! DH said he mixed his with a half gallon of gatoraide and he liked it! I might want to try the pill method that Rhondalyn did next time. At least i know there are options :)

My heart rate bpm was only 48 to 54, so the doctor asked if i worked out or was a runner. She thought so, because heart rates for my age was pretty low.

Jacque, glad it was easy to put up your Tower. Have fun organizing your garage. I might start working on the workout room later today. I am not suppose to do anything today because the drugs will be in my system for 12 hours. I'm just going to take a nap(because i am sleepy, but feel good), and see how it goes. THe nurse said to DH that i need to be treated like a queen today! Funny, 'coz I really don't feel much difference and will probably do most everything, but no heavy exercise(ignoring Cathe and Amy today!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.