Cathe's Make-Up

Ok, I've been wondering this for years, and the answer may already be somewhere in one of these discussions, but can anyone tell me how Cathe manages to keep her make-up looking fresh when she works out???

Is it just cause this is a DVD and there is constant fixing or is there some trick?

I teach cardio kb and I look like I got beat up by the time I'm done! LOL

Cheryl

If I had to guess, I'd say that she only wears make up for the camera and gets it touched up periodically through out the filming process. I would tend to think she doesn't wear much if any at all when teaching live classes at the gym....:)

Ok, I've been wondering this for years, and the answer may already be somewhere in one of these discussions, but can anyone tell me how Cathe manages to keep her make-up looking fresh when she works out???

Is it just cause this is a DVD and there is constant fixing or is there some trick?

I teach cardio kb and I look like I got beat up by the time I'm done! LOL

Cheryl

Cathe mentions the makeup artist in this clip:)
Behind the Scenes - Filming X10 - YouTube

I do remember reading somewhere on the forums where Cathe was responding to a question about filming. She said that when they film, they shoot short segments at a time, because the lighting makes it so hot that they can't shoot for very long without everybody looking really terrible. I imagine during those breaks they fix up the make- up .?

I'd love to see them film without the make-up. None of them probably need any, and to be honest, I find the false eyelashes in recent videos distracting (just my opinion, no offense intended).

I'd love to see them film without the make-up. None of them probably need any, and to be honest, I find the false eyelashes in recent videos distracting (just my opinion, no offense intended).

I agree. They are all beautiful women and I too would like to see less make up.

Ahhh...that makes sense!

thanks for all the comments.

I'm not sure if I would like less make-up or not though, to be honest. I love make-up and what you can do with it, but I also like throwing my hair up and just running out with no make-up.

Personally, I tend to like to follow people who look better than me because it motivates and inspires me. I pretend I'm in the video too and I work out differently when I do this...I'm odd, I know :)

Ahhh...that makes sense!

Personally, I tend to like to follow people who look better than me because it motivates and inspires me. I pretend I'm in the video too and I work out differently when I do this...I'm odd, I know :)

Not odd at all. I'm motivated by their bodies/muscles and their clothes!

I agree about less make-up (especially the false eyelashes!).

I have shown Cathe workouts to my clients and more often than not they comment about how much make-up she is wearing.

I love her older videos where she looks more natural.

Just my opinion, I am a Cathe fan for life.

Debbie Russo

I love Cathe's makeup and think she looks beautiful. I usually look like a sweaty rat when I work out, but if I were making a video I'd be sure to have my makeup done nicely. Cathe's job is fitness, and a large part of that job is dependent on a making a nice appearance, like it or not. I've noticed Cathe's eyelashes and really like them. I wonder if they are extensions.

I think filming in Hi Def like Cathe does makes it difficult to "go natural" when filming as any imperfections get magnified. I don't find her make up distracting when I'm doing the workouts as I'm too busy trying to keep up.:eek:

I am so low maintenance in my life that I don't even notice false eyelashes. I think all the ladies are beautiful and if I were in a workout video I would hope there was some one on the sidelines that was going to help me not look like what I look like at home when I work out, lol.

The saying " if you are still cute after your workout, you didn't workout hard enough" is not wasted on me.....though false eyelashes are, lol.

LOL...what a fun thread. Ok, here is the low down:

When I teach my classes here at the gym its a "whip your hair up in a pony no make up affair". In fact sometimes I get a bit too relaxed and have to remember that I am out in public...:eek: If I know a visitor is coming to take class I will throw on some eyeliner and light mineral makeup so that I don't frighten the visitor away :eek:

When I am doing the Roadtrip I put on make up, but MUCH LIGHTER than I do for filming. Main reason is that this is a highly photographed professional event and it's important to look presentable to the public at a public event. As you can see in the pic's though, the hair is downright soaked, the face is fllushed and full of sweat and the corners of the mouth are foaming...(OK, TMI :p)

When I film its a whole different animal. The lights are so blown out and BRIGHT that if you wear no make up your facial features literally disappear. You have to "draw back your face" under that extreme lighting with some make up. If you don't you look pale and sickly.

As far as wearing more make up now than before...we can thank High Def for that. Ask any news reporter, big/small screen actor or DVD instructor, ha, will tell you they would love to do away with high def on the body/face. Looks great for everything else but it is unforgiving to the body and face. In fact, it at times creates shadows or lines that aren't even noticeable in real life. Oh its so awful :mad: So now I feel like make up takes forever because we have to create contours and shadows in areas to soften the high def appearance....sigh.

So that's the scoop :D

Thanks for replying to this thread Cathe! You are the best!

Quite frankly, I typically don't notice much of the make up because I don't wear my glasses when I exercise :)

When news stations here have switched to High Def., the news anchors have commented about having to wear make up - even the men!

Cathe,
Thanks for your willingness to be candid and honest, and to take no offense at the questions and comments here. You're the best. :D

I leave the make up choices in the hands of the make up artist. My goodness, she arrives with a couple of suitcases of make up palettes, hair products, blow dryers, irons etc. It's a big production :)

QUOTE=ReneePruitt;2212156]What brand are you using if you want full coverage?[/QUOTE]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.