Cathe's download stored in cloud --- Play and chromecast onTv

Hi Everyone,

@Zenara25

Has anyone been able to play/peer cathe download from servers such as Dropbox or Google drive?

In other word, Has anyone been able to chromecast from a computer or tablette, a file stored in the
google drive? Hopping to hear from anyone into streaming or from admin. Please help!

Kind Reqards:)

Hi Everyone,

@Zenara25

Has anyone been able to play/peer cathe download from servers such as Dropbox or Google drive?

In other word, Has anyone been able to chromecast from a computer or tablette, a file stored in the
google drive? Hopping to hear from anyone into streaming or from admin. Please help!

Kind Reqards:)

Hi Nathalie,

Maybe try something like Videostream or Plex... https://www.howtogeek.com/233810/how-to-watch-local-video-files-on-your-chromecast/

I use Plex to wirelessly stream local video files on our desktop computer upstairs to the Roku located downstairs or pretty much any wifi device I own. What's great is you can even be away from home as long as you have an internet connection.

I'm sure there's a way to use Google Drive or Dropbox but I haven't tried those. Hopefully someone else will have some help for that.

HTH a little...

If I understand your question.... I use an app on my android called LocalCast to send my videos from my Google Drive to my chromecast to play on my big TV. It also supports playing videos from Dropbox as well as a DNLA/UPnp source.

If I understand your question.... I use an app on my android called LocalCast to send my videos from my Google Drive to my chromecast to play on my big TV. It also supports playing videos from Dropbox as well as a DNLA/UPnp source.

Yes, you understood. Thanks for your answer.
This could help if I manage to get the app here in europe. I will look it up for sure.

Thanks ladies @Zenara25 and @dmerz ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.