Cathe workouts on the road

Aquajock

Cathlete
While we are waiting not-so-patiently for Cathe to produce a workout strictly for travellers involving minimal or no equipment, I thought I'd throw out a few ideas for those gadflies who might want something in the interim; the only equipment you'd need would be the resistance band.

Cardio suggestions:

Cardio Kicks

Maximum Intensity Cardio floor segment (modify travelling moves by substituting moderate moves like marches in place or side-to-side steps all the way up to high intensity stuff like plyo jacks, plyo lunges or the like)

Kick Punch Crunch

Kick Max

CTX Power Circuit warm-up and hi/lo
CTX 10-10-10 kickbox warm-up and cardio plus hi/lo (again, modify for floor space requirements as noted above)
CTX Kickbox

Step Jump Pump hi/lo add-on sequence

Resistance training without equipment or with the band:

Chest: push-ups, push-ups and more push-ups (couldn't find anything using the band for pecs)

Muscle Max:
Band leg presses for glutes, hams and quads
PAUSE and perform push-ups for pecs
Muscle Max ab/core routine
Band lateral shoulder raises for the middle deltoid
Band triceps kickbacks
Optional: triceps dips off of a chair with one leg raised

Gym Style Legs:
Leg Press with band
Inner Thigh Lifts with band
Vertical Outer Thigh press with band
Outer Thigh Raise with band

Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps:
Back T-Back Squeeze with band
Shoulder Front Raise with band
Shoulder Lateral Raise with band
Shoulder Rear Delt Raise with band
PAUSE: fashion the band as if you were going to do leg presses, but instead hold the band in an underhand grip and perform traditional biceps curls (you'll have to play with the length of the band from floor to grip to create the tension you need)

Gym Style Chest and Triceps:
Chest: push-ups, push-ups and more push-ups
Tris:
Band Bonus Burn Cross-Body Extensions
Band Bonus Burn Kickback

A suggested mini-rotation for your hotel room would be to do about 30-35 minutes of cardio utilizing the workouts noted above, and then get in at least one exercise for each muscle group from the DVDs noted above using the band for an overall muscle conditioning experience.

And, since you're packing a band anyway for the resistance work, sling in the Core Max and Stretch Max DVD's to get everything in.

A-Jock

Thanks for working this out, A-Jock. I'm putting this in my suitcase tonight. I had to be away from home for several days and I took the CK/CM workout with me plus a band. CK was a huge disappointment and didn't even qualify as a cardio workout in my book. I wish I had taken MIC instead. But per your suggestion I took along 5 & 8 pound dumbbells to use with CM and I got along just fine, thanks. :)

WOW! This is great! Thanks so much for putting this together.
Just when I thought I'd use my "off" days when I was on vacation. Now there's not excuse.

Susan C.M.

Thanks Annette!

I'm leaving for a week trip this weekend so this is very timely. I appreciate you putting this together (along with all of other crazy mish-moshes!).

A-jock (A.K.A. Nettie),

Thanks a lot for this as I will be doing a lot of traveling this summer. You're the BEST!

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.