Cathe, what do you think about gunnar?

jistbrenda

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, I just recently seen Gunnar Peterson's core secrets workout. what do you think about this? Is he really the fitness trainer for the stars, or is this another gimmick? your opinion would really be appreciated. if you would like to look it over the web site is coresecrets.com. thanks Brenda

hi brenda,

not cathe but wanted to chime in for ya. he really does train the stars, including JLo. there are lots of mixed reviews between collagevideo.com(you can also view 60 second clips for each workout they offer) and amazon.com. they like the idea of the workouts but there are some things they question. like he stretches cold muscles and the form on some of the exercises are frigtenly dangerous. its suppose to be more of a functional fitness routine but i only remember the first videos that came out. didn't care for bun battle, cathe way more advanced, got more out it JMO, but i hope the links i gave you help until cathe can answer for you.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

I just e-bayed mine.
He is arrogant, and has an above you attitude.Never smiles.
I feel Cathe's w/o 's are far superior to his.
No comparison. I would put him as more beginer/ intermediate.
I personally would buy cathe and modify. You get more bang for your buck.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi,
I am sorry but I'm not Cathe either! I feel the need to comment on your question. I used Core Secrets and some of the advanced core secret dvds for about a year (before I met Cathe). His workouts are great for people who are beginners, both cardio and weight training. I did not find him arrogant but I e-bayed mine as well when I met Cathe. No comparison at all! None! Natta! :)

I tried one of Gunnar's workouts and I was exasperated because, while he used music in his workouts, his repetitions were not in sync with the music. He was kind of all over the place. I've played music all my life and my body cannot go against the music without serious emotional trauma (heehee).

Seriously, it did frustrate so much I whipped the disc out of the player and promptly put it on e-Bay.

Marla

Hi Brenda,

This question could put Cathe in a bit of a spot if she finds the time to answer (she must be swamped now with the DVD despatches). If she thinks Gunnar's workouts stink, she can announce it to the world or not tell the truth. She is not the kind of person in my opinion who would do either.

Having said that, I completely understand why you would want her opinion on a new DVD. I am curious about which instructors Cathe likes too.

:)

Gunnar's workouts are more Functional Fitness workouts. I use them mostly if I take an active recovery week. His latest set sold with the agility ladder are the hardest. I listen to my own music when I do them. I particularly like the ones with the jump rope intervals. A lot of his stuff is only 30 min long and if you do them back to back, they make for a decent workout. He doesn't do that many reps...so you have to make sure you have heavy enough weight (they use puny dumbbells).

Yes, he really does train the stars and is in magazines and on E quite often talking about various Star's programs.

Much different than Cathe....but it's good to do functional fitness cuz it works the stabilizers, thus making you stronger and in better shape for your Cathe workouts! Just my 2 cents.

i MAINLY WANTED HIS WORKOUT FOR THE DAYS I JUST DON'T HAVE IT IN ME TO CATHE. I WILL ALWAYS WORKOUT TO CATHE, JUST WANT A MORE CORE WORKOUT TOO. CATHE IS MY FAV. THO. I WILL KEEP HER AS MY PRIMARY WORKOUT. JUST NEED ONE EASIER ON THE TIRED DAYS.:) AND I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE BALL. BECUZ I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FEET AND SOMEDAYS THEY HURT TO BAD FOR CATHE. WORKINGOUT ON THE BALL AND NOT STANDING ON MY FEET IS A GOOD THOUGHT SOMETIMES.

i MAINLY WANTED HIS WORKOUT FOR THE DAYS I JUST DON'T HAVE IT IN ME TO CATHE. I WILL ALWAYS WORKOUT TO CATHE, JUST WANT A MORE CORE WORKOUT TOO. CATHE IS MY FAV. THO. I WILL KEEP HER AS MY PRIMARY WORKOUT. JUST NEED ONE EASIER ON THE TIRED DAYS.:) AND I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE BALL. BECUZ I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FEET AND SOMEDAYS THEY HURT TO BAD FOR CATHE. WORKINGOUT ON THE BALL AND NOT STANDING ON MY FEET IS A GOOD THOUGHT SOMETIMES.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.