Cathe were you ever a basketball player or cheerleader?

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:)I know you gals are probably chuckling at me seeing Cathe is not 6 ft. tall. Cathe, I noticed in some of your classic videos you refer to basketball quite a bit and I was curious if you ever played? Also, were you ever a cheerleader being the leader you are?:D

I am by no means Cathe, but, she herself has posted a reply to me that she is a former gymnast, and a track and field star (I added the star but come on we're talking about the endurance Queen here right ;) I know she also taught aerobics at Elaine Powers Studios for a time.

Edith

RE: Cathe were you ever a basketball player or cheerlea...

Mentioning Elaine Powers (1st gym I went to) brought back a funny memory. They actually had machines with rollers and you put your hip up to it and you were supposed to lose inches.
:)

RE: Elaine Powers

I too went to an Elaine Powers salon in my (disordered) teen years back in the late '70's in Tallahassee. I remember a chant the fitness instructor lead her class in:

"Peanuts, popcorn, pumpkin pie;
This is why we have fat thighs!
Whiskey, vodka, bourbon, gin;
This is why we're fat, not thin!"

We've come a long way, baby.

A-jock

Oh my ! Talk about memories! I too as a teen was a member in Elaine Powers actually that's how I got started in workingout. We've come a long way!

I went to Elaine Powers in High School too and recall the chants and teh group aerobics that were like those classes in the movie "Perfect" with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Also I remember the roller machine for the inner thigh too and the belt that you stood on a platform and attached around your but (the belt went around you) and turned the machine on and it jiggled you to death.

God, what a mess!}( x(

Edith

>I too went to an Elaine Powers salon in my (disordered) teen
>years back in the late '70's in Tallahassee.
>>
>A-jock
>

I am not familiar with Elaine Powers but I just had to reply because I live in Tallahassee. Do you still live in this area? I just thought it was neat to know another Cathe fan is from the once small but constantly growing Tallahassee!
:7
Kat

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.