Cathe website video search suggestions

I don't know which forum is best suited to comments on Cathe.com in general, so I'll try the open discussion.

As someone who can't do step and so only wants to find workouts that don't use the step, I have spent A LOT of time reading descriptions and watching video clips on Cathe.com in order to discover whether the step is used or not. What I like about Collage Video is that they have an icon that displays whether the aerobics are step or floor. So I'm wondering if the website designers of Cathe.com could possibly incorporate a way to search for only certain types of videos--specifically, a way to include or exclude certain criteria (in this case, step vs. floor aerobics but might also be helpful for people looking for a quick way to find all the strengthening videos, or all the step videos, or all the core workouts, or all the boxing, etc.). Might also be great for people looking for particular equipment (e.g. stability ball, bands, kettleball, stationary bike, etc.), certain levels (though I realize Cathe doesn't have a lot of beginner or novice workouts!), or certain amounts of impact (high vs. low impact--seems to be an issue for a lot of people based on the forum discussions). Doing a regular search using keywords is helpful in some cases, but I have yet to find a way to search for workouts that exclude the step.

My overall suggestion would be something like Collage Video but better--a menu where you pick to include or exclude particular aspects of various headings.

I hope somebody sees this! It might also be helpful to hear further suggestions regarding search options that people might find useful.

On Cathe's website there is a section where the workouts are divided into types; low-impact, stretch/yoga, step aerobics, circuit training, bootcamp, strength and toning, etc.
I often use that to help me decide on a particular work-out for the day.
Is that what you are looking for? HTH

That is a great suggestion! I too find that the groups the videos are divided into do not provide quite enough info.

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

On Cathe's website there is a section where the workouts are divided into types; low-impact, stretch/yoga, step aerobics, circuit training, bootcamp, strength and toning, etc.
I often use that to help me decide on a particular work-out for the day.
Is that what you are looking for? HTH

Thanks for the suggestion. No, that breakdown on the website is pretty general. I want an equipment-specific search option. And in general, a thorough 'advanced' search where you can specify any range of variables would be great (like Collage Video).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.