Cathe vs. The Firm

Michele S

Cathlete
Hi all!

I'm always amazed at what Cathe's tapes have done for me as far as building my strength and cardio. Before starting Cathe 100% I was mostly doing the Firm, and while I think their tapes are good, they are no comparison to Cathe.

My question is, to mix things up a bit, I was going to incorporate more Firm tapes to my workouts. Has anyone done this and found that they lost any cardio/strength while Firming? I've worked hard to get to where I am and don't want to lose a bit! :)

Michele

Sometimes

When I'm doing a lot of cycling or hiking, I've found something has to give - strength work. I find the Firm's total body workouts are pretty time efficient but I'm also not looking for muscle gains during those periods. Generally, I can't use very heavy weight with the Firm's because of the tempo of the movements & the quick switches. When I'm ready to focus on strength gains, it's back to Cathe.

I'm not a fan of the Firm's cardio & will leave it at that. Cross-training & variety are often great plateau busters (physical & mental).

Debra

RE: Agree

with debra. you can't lift heavy weight with firms--too fast. But, you won't lose by doing them, either..

I did a rotation using mostly firm videos and I found that I didnt lose any gains that I had made with Cathe videos. I dont like Cardio tapes that the firm has put out, I ususally did Cathe tapes or other good cardio tapes. But I found that I enjoyed adding some of the firms into my rotation. It was a good compliment to my one body part plus one total body tape rotation. The firm basicly is total body weight tapes. Youre most likely not going to hit failure, but you will work every body part with at least on exercise.

I think that it will only compliment your current rotation. You may not see lots of gains. But doing the Firms give you a bit more in the endurance gains more than real strength gains.

http://www.mosquitonet.com/~goomba/Turtle.jpg

Hi. I'm not a big fan of The Firm, but to mix things up a bit I've added Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout and her Power Packed Workout. I havent lost any gains, in fact using more reps with lighter weights as KV does in her Great Weighted Workout has really added some definition. "Just my two cents, take it or leave it."

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.