Cathe videos you're too chicken to use!

BronzedGoddess, I too am terrible at step (even the simple stuff--it's pathetic), am hanging on to some Cathe step tapes i bought in hopes of a sudden gift of coordination, AND, I can indeed do Cardio Kicks. It's a good workout and it is possible to catch on quickly, so get it. You'll enjoy it.

Ginger

RE: BronzedGoddess and Gingerdavis . . .

Believe it or not, Interval Max, although through the roof intensity-wise on the intervals (especially the floor based intervals) is actually a good intro to stepping, especially Cathe-Stepping, because the aerobic step portions are fairly basic choreography. After literally years of doing only two Kathy Smith step videos, in the fall 2000 I bought Interval Max, and even I learned the choreo fairly quickly.

Maybe use that one to get started on stepping, modifying the heck out of the intervals until you get stronger!

Annette

In addition to many already mentioned....

Well, I had not done Circuit Max for a long time and I dusted it off this morning, wondering why it had been so long.

OHHHH I remember. I'm AFRAID of Circuit Max.
-joy

RE: BronzedGoddess and Gingerdavis . . .

This WAS my introduction to step, right after Intense Moves! I agree with you that it is not that difficult, learning wise.

Thanks everyone! I might just get up tomorrow morning and do I-MAX! I've previewed it a few times and I just look on with my jaw on the floor. I'm tough I CAN DO IT! The other night I was trying to "break down" rythmic step little by little and I kept on having the problem of ending up on the wrong side of the step. I don't know how I do this. I told my dh about it and he said we should get a huge mirror and I can watch the tv in the mirror so I can stay on the same side as Cathe. Boy am I pathetic!!!

Not at all pathetic! It took me two months of doing Rhythmic Step at least once a week before I was finally always on the correct side of the step. I just keep moving--sometimes I hop over the step to correct myself and sometimes I just keep going from where I am, confident that soon I'll make the same mistake again and land back on the same side as everyone else. --Karen

Now I'm so SKEERT!! I'm waiting on 5 Cathe tapes to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday, but I'm going to be too terrified to open the box. I'm intermediate, and typically like to use tapes a little over my head and modify so I can see improvement. I have Step Heat and Step Jam and I'm worn out by the end of both. How in the heck am I going to do IMax?!?

Whimper,
Tracy

Tracy,

Be sure to read through "the dreaded Interval Max" thread on this forum for some great pointers on working your way up to IMAX. Be patient, take your time, you'll get it (and I bet love it!) --Karen

I am thoroughly getting a kick out of reading your assessments of Rhythmic Step. I have never done a Cathe step tape. I'm really not even into step aerobics, but heard she was the best for lifting. I just got MIS and Power Hour and love them and I bought the Rhythmic Step to give away (I'm a cardio wimp) BUT. I thought I'd watch it just for kicks. I found myself doing it along with her while I was watching and before I knew it I had been doing it for approxately 2 1/2 hours. (rewinding and trying again, rewinding and trying again). I didn't even realize until I stopped that I was dripping with sweat and I wasn't even noticing because I was so INTO trying to learn the routine. It quickly became an obsession. I found myself dreaming of the routines, trying desperately to keep up. (hopeless of course, but closer each time).

I was laughing because I too keep ending up on the wrong side of the step. And i really laughed when you said you keep going because you make the same mistake and end up right again!!!!!
YES I comprehend this completely. And the lady whose husband said to watch in a mirror might be the most brilliant of all. I think this just might work, I'll have to try it, because this obsession to master this is as intense as anything I've ever experienced!!!!! I believe I may just become a cardio over achiever if this keeps up, THANKS CATHE!!!!!!

p.s. Boy was I sore in the morning!!!

Briee

I love Rhythmic Step too! I love how you do the horse shoe (we call it a circle step) then three knees, straddle, one instep then the turn on the floor, then back up on the step. You end up at exactly the right place you need to be to do the knee off the side with the pedulums and cha-chas. I love that part. So
what a great step combination.

Madonna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.