Cathe TV Segement One (& PT 2) now launched

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone!
Our first weekly web show for Cathe TV is now up online and may be viewed by going to the Workout Manager (make sure to login using your forum username and password)and clicking on the STS icon. Then just click on the “Play” button on the player you see in the upper right hand corner. The show is Free and even if you don’t have STS we hope you will find the show educational and enjoyable. The complete show is broken into two segments because of YouTube time restrictions, so make sure to watch both segments. Cathe TV will also be available on ITunes as a Free podcast very soon.

This week’s show reviews week #1 of the STS program and contains helpful hints and form pointers to help you with STS discs 1,2 and 3.

Highlights of this week’s show include:

1.Push up substitutions for STS Disc #1
2.Pull Up alternatives and a demonstration of how to attach Fitness by Cathe tubing to almost any door.
3.A first look at the latest version of the STS Power Tower
4.Cathe answers a forum member’s question about how to do a deadlift and shows a substitution exercise.

By the way, we also filmed a Paper Plate segment demonstrating three different ways to lunge with paper plates (beginner or less flexible, intermediate, advanced) which we will include in week two of Cathe TV.

Cathe TV will have a different show every week to help you use our new STS workout program. If there are any questions you would like me to answer or demonstrate (even outside of doing the STS program) please make your suggestions in our new Cathe TV Forum which will be posted by the days end.

Hi Everyone!
Our first weekly web show for Cathe TV is now up online and may be viewed by going to the Workout Manager (make sure to login using your forum username and password)and clicking on the STS icon. Then just click on the “Play” button on the player you see in the upper right hand corner. The show is Free and even if you don’t have STS we hope you will find the show educational and enjoyable. The complete show is broken into two segments because of YouTube time restrictions, so make sure to watch both segments. Cathe TV will also be available on ITunes as a Free podcast very soon.

This week’s show reviews week #1 of the STS program and contains helpful hints and form pointers to help you with STS discs 1,2 and 3.

2.Pull Up alternatives and a demonstration of how to attach Fitness by Cathe tubing to almost any door.
4.Cathe answers a forum member’s question about how to do a deadlift and shows a substitution exercise.

By the way, we also filmed a Paper Plate segment demonstrating three different ways to lunge with paper plates (beginner or less flexible, intermediate, advanced) which we will include in week two of Cathe TV.

Cathe TV will have a different show every week to help you use our new STS workout program. If there are any questions you would like me to answer or demonstrate (even outside of doing the STS program) please make your suggestions in our new Cathe TV Forum which will be posted by the days end.

Cathe,

Just finished watching...great stuff on pushups and the deadlift, I think I'm going to try the stability ball exercise you demonstrated next time my workout calls for a deadlift.

Really enjoyed both segments!! I can only imagine how great it will be for those who have STS, to be doing it right along with you, and comparing notes each week!

What day?

Cathe,

CatheTV is going to be such a treat! It's nice to see you in a relaxed, "unglamorous" forum. You look better than ever. My favourite calendar picture this year is the one taken in a rehearsal: May. Forget about the glamour, you're there to work hard! I wish you'd shot the whole series in your rehearsal duds :D

I'm working hard to finish my 1RM testing, so I can start with you next week. I think I'm going to need a week off from all the testing, though :confused:.

Will new CatheTV episodes be launched on the same day each week? And if so, what day?

Thanks,
Sandra

Glad you like our Live, Un Cut version...Oh how nice it is not to have all the hair, make up, and wardrobe to deal with. Just step on the set and go!

As of right now we don't have a set time that we will post these segments since we don't always know exactly when we will have a chance to film them and make them Cathe TV ready. If you want, you can subscribe to the video and get an email notification when a new one goes up.

Take Care :)

Cathe,

CatheTV is going to be such a treat! It's nice to see you in a relaxed, "unglamorous" forum. You look better than ever. My favourite calendar picture this year is the one taken in a rehearsal: May. Forget about the glamour, you're there to work hard! I wish you'd shot the whole series in your rehearsal duds :D

I'm working hard to finish my 1RM testing, so I can start with you next week. I think I'm going to need a week off from all the testing, though :confused:.

Will new CatheTV episodes be launched on the same day each week? And if so, what day?

Thanks,
Sandra

Hi Cathe. I just watched both segments and I would love to Thank-you for all the helpful tips. You have made such an amazing workout system for us. Thanks so much! I love all the new challenges! And the pull up bar looks awesome! I will definately be purchasing one of those.

If you want, you can subscribe to the video and get an email notification when a new one goes up.

Take Care :)

Cathe, the Cathe TV is such a wonderful addition to an already fabulous website!!

I didn't see how to suscribe to the video, can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm sorry to ask this but where is the 2nd segment? I don't see it. I didn't see where Cathe's shows modify for deadlifts. I saw where Cathe shows push-ups and her pull up bar but that is it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to ask this but where is the 2nd segment? I don't see it. I didn't see where Cathe's shows modify for deadlifts. I saw where Cathe shows push-ups and her pull up bar but that is it.

Just wait after the inital video, the 2nd part should start up on its own a few seconds after.

After clicking play just hover your mouse over the player and you will see two little mini clips pop up at the bottom of the player. To watch the second clip just click on the thumb nail image of the second clip.

Also, after the first clip ends just wait about 5 seconds and the second clip will automatically start playing.

Hi Cathe/SNM;)

I just have to say I'm so excited to start STS with you Monday. I did watch the CatheTV clips and really found them very helpful. I was wondering about the tubing used to demo the pullups for those of us who don't have a pullup bar. I did go to shopcathe.com and saw different tubing but none with the thingy to keep the tubing in place when closed so on the other side of the door you can use it for pullups. I'd be interested in getting that but not sure which one that is. Could someone pretty please tell me or give me the link to which one it is. I'd like to order it, but I don't want to order the wrong thing. I appreciate any help that can be given to get me on the same page with ya. Thanks!

ps. Awesome job everyone on STS I can't wait to start it Monday! Everyone from Cathe and Cathe.com, SNM, UPS, and of course Cathe's on camera crew and music. You all rock!!! Thank you for your excellence, dedication, and hard work!!!! Bravo!!! :D

Hugs!:)

Nora

Cathe~
Just sending out a quick WOW & Thank You!

Just viewed the fisrt 2 clips and must say I feel like I have a Personal Trainer! I ADORE the more casual atmosphere!!! I really did feel liike you were training the trainer! Thank you so much for adding this feature... You all seem to think of everything! It is so appreciated!!!

Have to say that I got butterflys for "FRANCIS" when you read her letter! LOL Funny how things like that can make it all even more personal...So WooHoo to FRANCIS if shes reading!!!

Thanks again! Its an incredible series and all the finely tuned details are mind boggling!

Happy V-Day! *mwah*

Hi Everyone!

Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Cathe!!
Thank you so much for such a clear, slow motion demonstration of the dreaded dead lift :)
The video demo makes me confident that I will be able to do this movement. I also really appreciate the stability ball exercise. I used to do it regularly. It seems like something I should add back into my routine(pun not intended). I also got a kick out of hearing my name and letter on CatheTV. I wonder if this counts towards my 15 minutes.

Applause for you and your team for creating this dynamic STS workout. I am enjoying it so much. It is perfect for someone who likes variety and structure. Sending good wishes from less snowy Cambridge Mass.

Cheers,
Frances

Thanks for the dead lift tip!

I have to say first I'm a big fan Cathe and I can't tell you how much you have changed my life. I love to workout and I have all of your workouts (not STS yet-maybe soon). I personally need those verbal form pointers and various views to show correct form. Because I workout at home, there is none to stop me and say shoulders back, chest up, hips tucked, etc. it is just me and there is no instructor to correct my form. I have found that I had picked up some very bad habits and my form (and body) has really suffered. I started to lift heavy thinking that that was going to make me look better. I am amazed that bad form + heavy weights= not so great looking results. Now, I am lifting lighter and really putting the mental effort on having great form. It has made a difference! You always have excellent form, but I really need the verbal cues too. I am glad that you are showing this in the You Tube video (deadlift). I now have two mirrors (front and side) and I am really monitoring everything I do. I will get back to the heavy weights eventually, but for now it is all about form and correct alignment. Thanks again for all that you do!

CatheTV is wonderful!!! Thank you so much for doing this, it really is like having a personal trainer right there with me.
I have finished my second week of Week 1 and have fallen back in love with weight training. I had fallen out of the workout loop for awhile due to whatever reasons and this has fully recharged me more than I could have hoped for.
Looking forward to more CatheTV when you get around to it.
Thanks again for all your hard work, we at cathe nation salute you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.