Cathe: question about oatmeal

To clarify...

Yes, instant oats come plain, but you have to search them out. Look for the box to say "plain" and read the nutrition label for it to read 0-1g gram sugar. Then to clarify on the cinnamon roll oatmeal: first you pour the instant oats in a microwave safe bowl, then add little bit of water just enough to cover the oats, then add 1/4 cup cottage cheese to that. cook for about 2 minutes --stopping halfway and stirring. Then stir after it is done to spread melted cheese around and add favorite sweetener and cinnamon. And enjoy! Depending on how you like your oatmeal add less water for more paste-y oatmeal, and more water for more runny oatmeal.
Also, another thing to try if you are trying to cut down on dairy is to add Unsweetened Almond Milk to your oatmeal. It's a got a great smooth yummy flavor, even better than soymilk and it even comes in Vanilla Almond Milk that's unsweetened!
As far as Quaker oats goes, in my opinion the brand is just that - a brand. Unless you are trying to stick to more natural organic oats that are free from pesticides, and rolled oats are fine no matter what the brand. The main thing is that they are free from added sugars and perservatives. And obviously the closer to nature they are, and the less processed they are, the more your body has to process them and therefore the body gets more benefit from them and uses more calories to break them down! Bonus!

Jodelle,

I have to tell you that I made the "cinnamon roll" oatmeal today and it was delish! My 11 yo DS even liked it and he won't eat anything remotely healthy by choice! I will have to try that "chicken pot pie" one next. Thanks for the quick and easy recipes! :)

GReat website!!

Great website Ellesan! I am checking it out now. I love learning new recipes and new tips and ideas...one can never learn enough as far as I'm concerned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.