Cathe, please talk to my husband!

Barbie

Cathlete
Cathe, my husband loves your Pure Strength series. In fact, he does it exclusively and won't try anything else. I keep telling him that it's time to move on! And that he'll see better results if he tries the Slow & Heavy or Pyramids series. (I have almost all of your workouts, so it's not like he has to buy anything!) Please tell him that he should try something new. I think that he'll listen to you!

Barbie, I'm in the same boat with my husband exept its Slow and Heavy that he always uses. I keep telling he needs to work his muscles in different ways with different exercises and different techniques. I talked him into trying Imax 1 and I think that was were I went wrong. I understand if he wont step, but wish he would at least try the other strength DVDs.

Maybe your husbands should talk to each other? Then at least they'll each try ONE other workout!

If he refuses to do anything different, another way to shock results with the same workout is to change the order of the exercises without adding additional intensity. It creates the feel of a whole new workout. Do chest, triceps then shoulders. If you have the DVD format of Pure Strength he can create an opposing muscle group workout for a change from the push-pull.

-Roe

I'm not Cathe but I can give you another success story to relay to your husband. After a couple of years doing Cathe workouts myself, my husband finally gave them a try this year. He has really loved the Slow and Heavy series, the PS series and now the Pyramids. He also uses Cardio Kicks and Bootcamp too. For the strength workouts he just increases the weight to make it challenging enough. Then he just slows down the reps or takes rests when he needs to.

I make his rotations for him and he said he cannot believe how good his results have been. His strength has increased quite a bit and he has lost bodyfat. It's funny he just started a rotation using PUB/PLB this week and his muscles are so sore! He was so suprised how working them a different way was such a challenge. Maybe Cathe should have a forum just for the guys to talk to each other! It has been really fun for my husband and I to do some of the workouts together. We have small kids and don't get out much so this is a fun way to spend time together at home. Keep us posted on your progress with your husband!

Alison

Barbie, don't know if we can change his mind, but my hubby was also "stuck" on doing the PS Series. I FINALLY convinced him to TRY S&H and he LOVED it even more. Now, I just tell him what we are doing. He loves the Pyramids too! :7 Almost forgot, Bootcamp too! Good Luck! Change is a GOOD thing. Tell him we might sic the Cathe-Police on him! ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Mother's day is coming up. Whether you are a mother or not, you could request that hubby do another workout with you as a favor to you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.