Cathe, PLEASE help this "newbie" out with cardio and other endurance tips..

Peachy720

Hi Cathe!!

First off, I just want to thank you! I've seen a lot of fitness videos and their forums, and you blow them all away!! :7

Okay, where to start..I've been on Weight Watchers since September, and have lost 33 pounds total. But I'm still a LOONG way off. I'm 5'0 and 145 pounds right now..I would ultimately love to get down to 110-115, which is where I'm supposed to be at.I've been FIRMing since October, but to be honest, something happened around December, and I didn't start working out again AT ALL until a couple weeks ago.

Everyone on the Ya-Ya site RAVES about you, so even though I was scared spitless (I am one of the world's most uncoordinated people), I went ahead and bought some of your workouts..I LOVE THEM...I have a feeling I would really enjoy them IF I could get through them. First off, I know there's nothing you can do to really help me with my coordination/lack of rhythm..So what I've done for that is instead of starting with Classics DVD that was giving me fits, I ordered your Cardio Hits as well to ease me in (I HOPE)..Here's what I'm hoping you can help me with. My endurance. The only workouts of yours I can finish is PH and MIS. I was all excited to try out the Body Blaster Rotation, and popped in BC for the first time on Sunday. I couldn't even get past the first circuit!!

I hope I'm making some kind of sense and not rambling. I want this SO bad, Cathe! I'm willing to give it my all..I just don't know why my body is not cooperating! x( So if you can please give me some tips, and possibly a rotation if you could, I would be ETERNALLY grateful!!

Here are the DVDs I have: The Intensity Series(minus Terminator), PH+, RS+, Classics, Cardio Hits..I also started water aerobics last week to mix things up (seems I'm more comfortable in the water than the land sometimes! :+ ), and yoga once to twice a week..

And I was SO excited to read about the Body Blast series this morning!!! I am pre-ordering them no matter what, because I don't care how long it takes, I WILL be able to use them someday soon!!

Thanks SO much again! You're an ANGEL!! And I LOVE the pics of your puppies!! Addi is PRECIOUS! I was really interested in having my Gretchen being a service dog for hospital and nursing home visits, but she is one of those who is scared of EVERYONE who's not her mama! :p

Sorry for the rambling/length!!

Take care,
Tanya

RE: Cathe, PLEASE help this "newbie" out with cardio an...

Hey Tanya,
I am obviously not Cathe and I am not an expert by any means. When I read your post I thought of something you may want to try. Pick some workouts you do well and then one that's really hard for you like Boot Camp. Do the Boot Camp warm up and then go as far as you can. Have another workout ready(that you don't find as difficult)and finish with that until you have worked out for however long you planned on working out. The next workout do the same thing only try to go just a little bit further every time you do Boot Camp. Or...take longer rests and breaks until you get your endurance up. Maybe you could complete half of Boot Camp by pausing and taking longer breaks, gradually shortening the breaks and wheaning yourself off of the breaks.
Also, on www.fitnessvideofanatics.com/catheites/catherotations.fit there is a rotation called Cathe's Gradual Get In Shape for Rotation that was created for someone wanting to lose 40 pounds in 10 weeks. It is supposed to gradually increase your cardio endurance.
Good luck!
Angela:7

I am by no means Cathe, but I'll take a stab at this.

Take Boot Camp and do what you can of it. Next time you do it could even be the next day at this stage of things, try to add five minutes to it. Keep doing that a few times a week and after a few weeks you'll look back and say geez I'm getting halfway thru this puppy now! :+

Take heart Cathe is tuff }( I had to build up too.

Edith :+

Hi guys!!

Just wanted to thank you guys both SO much for answering! :7

I'll definitely try both ideas for now; unfortunately all the videos needed for the rotation are the ones I DON'T have! x(

I don't know, I'm just throwing myself a pity-party. I want this so bad, it's just my body doesn't want to go along!!

Pre-orders! EEEEE!! :+

Take care,
Tanya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.