CATHE NEED YOUR ADVICE PLEASE

fitat49

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, I’ve been working out with you from the beginning, own all your workouts!! Lately I seem to put on 10 pounds, and regularly work out 6x a week but had been doing aerobic workouts 2x a week only. Would it kick my weight loss in gear to do aerobics 5-6 x a week? But how can I fit in weights so I don’t lose muscle? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Lori

Hi Cathe, I’ve been working out with you from the beginning, own all your workouts!! Lately I seem to put on 10 pounds, and regularly work out 6x a week but had been doing aerobic workouts 2x a week only. Would it kick my weight loss in gear to do aerobics 5-6 x a week? But how can I fit in weights so I don’t lose muscle? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Lori
Anyone??

I'm not an expert but maybe try to add more metabolic workouts to your routine? Since they're both cardiovascular and incorporate weights you get the best of everything! Fit Split Metabolic Conditioning, ICE Metabolic Total Body, High Step Challenge and X10 Fat Burning Circuit are four that come to mind.... good luck! :)

Hi Lori, not Cathe here but have you analyzed how much food you may be eating? I know that sometimes we are eating more than we burn without being aware of it. So just for a couple weeks, keep a log of what you eat (calories) and how much you burn during exercise; you may be surprised at the numbers and then you can make adjustments to our caloric intake. Just a thought.

The My FitnessPal is a great app for keeping track of your calories and exercise. A lot of my patients have lost weight just by monitoring their food intake.

Hi Lori, not Cathe here but have you analyzed how much food you may be eating? I know that sometimes we are eating more than we burn without being aware of it. So just for a couple weeks, keep a log of what you eat (calories) and how much you burn during exercise; you may be surprised at the numbers and then you can make adjustments to our caloric intake. Just a thought.

I'm not an expert, but for me when I add in extra HIIT workouts seems to kick up the weight loss while maintaining muscle as well as metabolic w/o's like KathyDaffy suggested above.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.