Cathe Live + Chromecast = Awesome

lily64

Cathlete
I purchased a Chromecast for the Cathe Live subscription & got it hooked up tonight & viewed the 5/15 class. It looks great! I'm really looking forward to all of the new live workouts! I first tried the lower quality version & didn't like the way it looked on my TV, but the higher quality is really good & the Chromecast set-up was easy & can be used for other applications as well.

Chromecast and Cathe Live

Great you discovered Chromecast. It's only $35 and works really well. We like it too.

I liked using the chromecast as well. We purchased it to use with Plex, but this was a definite bonus for me! So much nicer to watch it on a larger screen.

What is a chrome cast? Is it a cable wire? Is it a box? Is it a network? I'm trying to figure how I'd get my tv in my family room to play the Cathe live. My computer is in my bedroom not my family room. Once I tried to buy a cable wire to go from computer to my family room tv to watch my you tube exercise subscription sand downloads I got but the cable wire I saw at best but was 50 dollars and that was still not long enough. So I am not sure what to do to make this work if I wanted to try it.

How Chromecast works

Chromecast is a small piece of hardware that you can buy pretty cheaply at places like Target or Amazon that is made by Google and that will allow you to stream any video from a chrome browser to your TV using your computer or phone.

We're in the process of making a tutorial on this, but YouTube has tons of tutorials you can watch already. | view tutorial video |

If you don't use Chrome as your browser you can download it for free.

Yes, you are one step closer. :) Chrome is the necessary browser for sending the video to your TV via Chromecast. Next, you'll need the Chromecast device itself and you should be set. Until we get our tutorial videos filmed, YouTube has many great videos for how to do the setup (and the Chromecast itself will walk you through the process). I saw it on sale at Amazon for only $29 a few days ago, by the way!

Happy happy for me!! Sad for hubby lol
He will be like oh geez more stuff to buy, like you need more access to more workouts! Lol (I am a DVD hoarder). He is worse then I am on the technology ! He thinks the more technical stuff we have the more the Government can "spy" on us!! Ha ha
Like we are that interesting!.

Well, sounds like you are all set, then. Let us know how it goes with your husband. If my wife asked for a new piece of technology I'd seize that opportunity before she changed her mind! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.