Cathe Live 6-Week Rotation

lisacohen

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the 6-week Cathe Live rotation I've been doing to get back into shape lately. It has been SO MUCH FUN! Just to give you some background, I've been working out with Cathe since the late 90s, taking breaks to run a marathon before I had kids long ago (my oldest is 15), to have babies and recover, and when I had recent injuries. Cathe has always been my absolute favorite instructor and I credit her with keeping me healthy and in great shape all of these years. About 2 years ago, I had a knee injury (which caused me to miss the Cathe Road Trip - TWICE!!! <sniff sniff>). Then about a year ago I had an emergency surgery due to endometriosis, which I didn't even know that I had until then. Both of these things sidelined my fitness plans in a BIG way. During these past two years I've pretty much taken myself off of my usual advanced exercise track to fully recover. I did physical therapy after my knee injury (boy, does it sure take a longer time to heal as I age!), walking (since that's the only thing that didn't aggravate it), and yoga (teaching and for my own exercise once given the all-clear from my gyno) but not much else. Sadly, due to the decrease in intense exercise and weight training, I noticed this past winter needing to go up a size in my pants because my normal clothing was feeling a bit snug - not cool!

I used the kids going back to school as the time I would restart my Cathe workouts. I found myself struggling to keep up with many of my Cathe DVDs but found Cathe Live to be just what I needed! I am loving the variety of these workouts and love the feeling of working out with a class, in the comfort of my own home, without having to brave the cold weather!

I am already feeling stronger, more fit, better confidence, and more energy! Thanks Cathe!

Below is the 6-week rotation that I'm using and am LOVING IT! It has 6 days on, one day off. Feel free to adjust as needed to fit your workout schedule. Let me know what you think if you try this.

Week 1
Monday - Strong Upper Body with Core Live
Tuesday - Timesaver Step Grooves Live
Wednesday - Cardio Boxing & Stability Ball Abs Live
Thursday - High/Low HiiT Live
Friday - ICE Total Body Compound Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Bun Burners Barre & Ball Live

Week 2
Monday - Boot Camp Blast Off Live
Tuesday - Hi/Lo HiiT Live w/Step
Wednesday - High Reps Total Body Live
Thursday - Steptastic Live
Friday - Kickboxing and Compound Weight Training Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - To The Mat Legs & Icy Core Live

Week 3
Monday - PHA Training Live
Tuesday - For the Love of Cardio Live
Wednesday - Compound Giant Sets w/Light Weights Live
Thursday - Power Step Live
Friday - Fit 'N' Firm Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Cross Fire Quick Fix + Core Live

Week 4
Monday - Total Body Tone Up Live
Tuesday - Gloved Up & Ready Live
Wednesday - Athletic Training Live
Thursday - Get Steppin’ Live
Friday - Legs on Fire Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Smokin’ Upper Body Blast Live

Week 5
Monday - PHAT 2 Live
Tuesday - Quick Fix Kickboxing + 100 Reps Bonus Challenge + Step & Weight Drills Live
Wednesday - Step & Pump Live
Thursday - Cardio Boxing + Plyo Legs Live
Friday - Lovin’ Those Legs Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Barbell Upper Body Live

Week 6
Monday - Scrambled Cardio & Weights Live
Tuesday - Cardio Boxing & Metabolic Conditioning Live
Wednesday - Low Impact Cardio Leg Blast Plus Ball Upper Body Live
Thursday - Crush It Low Impact Live
Friday - Circuit Works plus Barre & Core Live
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Legs with Weights & Barre Live

ENJOY!!

Last edited:
What a great workout calendar. You've got lots of my favorites on there. Cathe Live sure has a motivating fun factor, doesn't it? :)
I admire your dedication and perseverance. Way to get back in the game and congrats on your super progress. You should be so proud!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Yes, Cathe Live classes are SO MUCH FUN - and I love the water breaks that she gives, which are sometimes missing from her harder DVDs! There are so MANY amazing classes from which to choose. Such great quality workouts between the Cathe Lives and her DVDs.

I don't know how I'm going to hold out trying the Strong & Sweaty series once it arrives. Eeeeew! Will figure that out when I get there. ;D

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the 6-week Cathe Live rotation I've been doing to get back into shape lately. It has been SO MUCH FUN! Just to give you some background, I've been working out with Cathe since the late 90s, taking breaks to run a marathon before I had kids long ago (my oldest is 15), to have babies and recover, and when I had recent injuries. Cathe has always been my absolute favorite instructor and I credit her with keeping me healthy and in great shape all of these years. About 2 years ago, I had a knee injury (which caused me to miss the Cathe Road Trip - TWICE!!! <sniff sniff>). Then about a year ago I had an emergency surgery due to endometriosis, which I didn't even know that I had until then. Both of these things sidelined my fitness plans in a BIG way. During these past two years I've pretty much taken myself off of my usual advanced exercise track to fully recover. I did physical therapy after my knee injury (boy, does it sure take a longer time to heal as I age!), walking (since that's the only thing that didn't aggravate it), and yoga (teaching and for my own exercise once given the all-clear from my gyno) but not much else. Sadly, due to the decrease in intense exercise and weight training, I noticed this past winter needing to go up a size in my pants because my normal clothing was feeling a bit snug - not cool!

I used the kids going back to school as the time I would restart my Cathe workouts. I found myself struggling to keep up with many of my Cathe DVDs but found Cathe Live to be just what I needed! I am loving the variety of these workouts and love the feeling of working out with a class, in the comfort of my own home, without having to brave the cold weather!

I am already feeling stronger, more fit, better confidence, and more energy! Thanks Cathe!

Below is the 6-week rotation that I'm using and am LOVING IT! It has 6 days on, one day off. Feel free to adjust as needed to fit your workout schedule. Let me know what you think if you try this.

Week 1
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 2
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 3
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 4
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 5
Monday - PHAT 2 Live
Tuesday - Quick Fix Kickboxing + 100 Reps Bonus Challenge + Step & Weight Drills Live
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 6
Saturday - Rest Day

ENJOY!!

Thanks so much for this, Lisa! I, too, have recently been sidelined :( (though, not nearly to the extent as you -- you really had some ride there! :eek:). I have been DYING to get back into things but knew that I would need to start slowly and ease myself back in to it. I was torn between just wanting to throw myself right back into my favorite (Cathe) workouts :D but knowing I would have to do something less advanced. :( :confused: You have just solved my problem! :D SO unbelievably excited to get started with this rotation!

Thank you, again, for sharing! It was JUST what I needed, WHEN I needed it. :)

You are so welcome!! I'm so delighted that I could help! I wish you all the best in your recovery. I should mentioned that I had been doing some short (~30min) ICE premixes before starting the Cathe Live rotation and that really helped too.

Thanks so much for this, Lisa! I, too, have recently been sidelined :( (though, not nearly to the extent as you -- you really had some ride there! :eek:). I have been DYING to get back into things but knew that I would need to start slowly and ease myself back in to it. I was torn between just wanting to throw myself right back into my favorite (Cathe) workouts :D but knowing I would have to do something less advanced. :( :confused: You have just solved my problem! :D SO unbelievably excited to get started with this rotation!

Thank you, again, for sharing! It was JUST what I needed, WHEN I needed it. :)

Hi everyone,

Week 1
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 2
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 3
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 4
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 5
Monday - PHAT 2 Live
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 6
Saturday - Rest Day

ENJOY!!
I wanted to bump this up. Thanks for the rotation!

Thank you so much for doing this! I am planning to start it in a couple of weeks when I finish the Strong & Icy rotation.

Carol

Hi everyone,

Week 1
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 2
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 3
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 4
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 5
Monday - PHAT 2 Live
Saturday - Rest Day

Week 6
Saturday - Rest Day

ENJOY!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.