Cathe, is there enough cardio in 4DS to get lean?

1fitgrl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I've really been enjoying the 4DS, however, I'm one of those cardio junkies. I am lean, if you remeber me, I'm the one who wants to see my bicep vein a little more. Is the cardio in the 4DS enough to get even a little leaner? (Ofcourse w/ a super clean diet). Have a Merry X-mas!

Amanda:)

I'm not a big cardio person and have been doing 4DS for 2 weeks now. Lost 6 pounds without a huge change to my diet. :7

My plan was to do 3 days a week of endurance workouts and 1 straight cardio workout for the next two weeks and see what happens with that.

But I'm just starting out rather than tweaking to get those last few pounds off so maybe that is why I got good results.

Hi!
I would also like to hear Cathe's answer to your question. I had wonderfull results with the all cardio workouts (like step, jump and pump, step blast, imax 2....) and circuit training as well.
I have been trying te 4D's too (the november rotation) and wonder if I'll see positive results. I must say, of course, I am more interested in being lean than building muscle or strength.
Cathe: would you say we're on the right track here?????
thanks and merry christmas,
LULI

Hi Everyone--
I asked Cathe a similar question in October. Here is my question and what she said:
ME:My question is this: is the 30 minutes of aerobics in the new 4 day split enough to encourage weight loss? Or should I supplement with more cardio?

CATHE: Yes, most definitely, especially with the weights right behind it to keep the body building lean muscle mass which encourages overall long term calorie burn and fat loss.

But if cardio is what you enjoy and would prefer a little more of, by all means, add on an extra or longer session here and there.

Have fun!

My original post was 10/21/07 if you want to view. Hope that helps

I think some time not too long ago someone asked Cathe what she did to train for her videos and she said she did 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week, if I'm remembering correctly. The rest of the time she lifted weights. It looks like cardio isn't the big fat burner everybody once thought it was. I've heard of so many people get better results when they cut back.

>I think some time not too long ago someone asked Cathe what
>she did to train for her videos and she said she did 30
>minutes of cardio 3 times a week, if I'm remembering
>correctly. The rest of the time she lifted weights. It looks
>like cardio isn't the big fat burner everybody once thought it
>was. I've heard of so many people get better results when they
>cut back.

I recall reading the same thing and I'm glad you brought this up. From my own experience (and current research backs me up) focusing much more on weight training (over cardio, but not at the expense of) was The Key to losing fat and is continuing to be. Everything I've read states that muscle is hungry tissue; the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn. So you need to develop more muscle to lose fat.

Clean eating fine tunes the results of weight training (that nutrition is 80% of the physique equation is news to me, and I've been reading this everywhere lately) and is crucial. And cardio will always be an important component in everyone's fitness because, among other reasons, cardio strengthens your heart and develops your endurance. BUT, if you're primary goal now is to get the fat off you need to shift the focus somewhat away from cardio and put the primary focus on building muscle to turn your body into a fat burning machine. Try this and you'll be amazed at the results. The benefits of weight training will blow your mind.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.