Cathe, Is it possible to purchase the "surprise gift"

RE: Cathe, Is it possible to purchase the

Hi Michele:) Come what may I'll be thrilled to get Cathe's new DVDs and quite frankly I completely regret posting on this thread and the related open forum thread. I shudder to be perceived as unfair or ungrateful:) It's frustrating to see such a positive gesture take a negative slant and I'm sorry I was a part of it.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Laurie,

It's not possible for me to think of YOU as unfair or ungrateful;) . You're a bright spark around here;)

The fact that Cathe debits the credit card at time of pre-ordering and then has the cash in hand to use towards paying for the production costs makes this a lot different from ordering in the presale from CK sales. Sorry, but it does. It counts as "investing" in Cathe.

Clare

Michele I received an e-mail from CK sales telling me that the people who preordered the Cathe's workouts from them we will not receive the surprise gift.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

I understand what you are saying Clare, but I would have gladly paid CK Sales up front for the workouts,(I ordered the very first day), but it's their policy not to charge until shipping. It wouldn't make sense for me as a Canadian to order through Cathe.com because of the exchange rate, duties etc. Either way I am happy to be able to purchase Cathe's dvd from a Canadian company, whether or not we recieve the special gift :)

I feel exactly like Storm on this. I also am Canadian, therefore ordered from Cksales. I also pre-ordered on the first day. I would not have minded paying for the product up front, because I knew that these workouts would be well worth it. I have all the Cathe dvds to date, and they make up most of my fitness program. Up until now I've always felt like a valued Cathe customer, even though I ordered through cksales. I must admit, I am a little sad and disappointed in not being able to receive the new "gift" workout. But I know I will still be very happy with the workouts.

I feel the same.

I "found" Cathe at CollageVideo years ago. I bought the Pure Strength Series and Imax 1 on VHS. Then I found cksales, ended up replacing those workouts on DVD and buying ALL of Cathe's other workouts through cksales on DVD. Cksales is noted in the links section of this website as a place for Canadians to purchase Cathe workouts from. I have participated in all of Cathe's pre-orders before with no hesitation. Just because those that purchase from cksales don't pay upfront, due to the law here in Canada, doesn't make us any less of a supporter of Cathe!

I don't begrudge anyone getting the bonus DVD. I am rather dismayed by the way people feel about those that bought from cksales - that were are somehow not the supporters of Cathe that those that bought through Cathe's site are.

Anyway, I see that Cardio Fusion (the bonus DVD) is listed in November's rotation so we may all be receiving the bonus DVD!

Michele

edited to add: I get all confused on this thread because there is another Michele. The one "l" spelling of Michele, for a female, is quite rare, so I keep having to re-check the posts to see if I actually posted something else.

:D :eek: :eek: :( :p

Another Canadian who pre-ordered through CK Sales de-lurking to chime in and say that I feel exactly the same way.

I've pre-ordered every Cathe series that's come out since the Pure Strength series and yes, I do order through CK Sales but Cathe's website is where I was originally was referred to CK Sales. I've always appreciated that she provides a much more practical way for Canadians to get her product than having to deal with the headache of customs. If CK Sales had wanted me to pay upfront for my pre-order I would have done so. While I understand that Cathe hasn't had my cash as long as those who ordered directly from her website she has certainly had a guaranteed sale.

As a loyal customer I will feel somewhat hurt and unappreciated if I do not receive the bonus DVD (Cardio Fusion). Since the announcement of the surprise gift was somewhat vague on who exactly would receive it I've been optimistically hoping that CK Sales pre-orders would be included but given Stayfit's post above it doesn't sound like that's the case. Since Cathe has included Cardio Fusion on her November rotation hopefully there's been a miscommunication and I will be pleasantly surprised when I receive my order.

- Lisa

I couldn't have said it better Lisa. I have all Cathe's DVDs. I ordered through CK Sales and would have happily prepaid. Either, or, I will be happy to get the new workouts.

My guess is everyone is getting the "gift"...whatever it is. I can't see Cathe excluding anyone. deb;)

How is Cathe to know who ordered through CK Sales? I wouldn't think that she would have knowledge of who their customers are. I think it would be great for CK Sales customers to get the free gift, but I don't see how Cathe can make that happen...but who knows? :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you CK Sales customers.

DeeDee

I too ordered through CK Sales on the first day of the pre-sale (I live in the UK).

I'd willingly have ordered through Cathe if wasn't for the fact I get charged an additional £30 when UPS deliver the dvds (I've been 'stung' this way before when I ordered my first dvds from Cathe).

I'm crossing my fingers that there's still a chance us CK Sales customers will also receive the bonus dvd - but I understand if not (that's not to say I won't be disappointed) :)

Count me in as another who would want to purchase the surprise gift. I only ordered two of the four DVDs so I'm not sure I'll get one in my order, but after reading about it I would definitely want to buy it if it is available for purchase.:)

I too am disappointed as I ordered all 4 DVDs on the first day of the sale with CKSALES. I thought we'd get the same consideration (gift) as we've been waiting just as patiently as everyone else.
I used to order directly from Cathe.com until the time the customs charge was $60 on a $40 Cathe order. Since then I've ordered directly from CKSALES as recommended on the Cathe site.

>I too am disappointed as I ordered all 4 DVDs on the first
>day of the sale with CKSALES. I thought we'd get the same
>consideration (gift) as we've been waiting just as patiently
>as everyone else.
>I used to order directly from Cathe.com until the time the
>customs charge was $60 on a $40 Cathe order. Since then I've
>ordered directly from CKSALES as recommended on the Cathe
>site.

O my gosh!!!!! :eek: I ordered directly from the Cathe site ( I live in Canada) and I am hoping that I am not charged a whole lot from customs. I can't believe that you were charged $60.00 on a $40.00 order..that is just absurd. I have ordered workouts from the states before and was not charged a lot from customs.. in fact sometime I am not even charged. hmmmm :eek:

I think you get dinged with charges because Cathe ships UPS which means you will most likely pay brokerage fees! I know, it has happened to me.

Hopefully you won't get hit this time.

Michele

>I think you get dinged with charges because Cathe ships UPS
>which means you will most likely pay brokerage fees!

I learned my lesson the hard way. I ordered something awhile back, (not from Cathe.com), and it was shipped by UPS and I had to pay the brokerage fees and it was expensive.
Just curious why you ordered through Cathe.com instead of CK Sales?

In case anyone who ordered from CK Sales is still wondering - I just received a newletter from CK Sales saying that no gift is included with the titles they are shipping. Oh well, hopefully we'll get an answer to whether we will be able to buy it at least.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.