Cathe in NY on 6/25

maybe im just being paranoid, but is there anyone going to this who isnt, let's say, fitness model-material?! im feeling a little self-conscious and kind of freaking out now because while i consider myself pretty fit, i definitely wont be gracing the cover of oxygen anytime soon!!!

I can only speak for myself, but I'd hardly call myself fitness model material. Don't sweat it Mel. I mean, SWEAT, but don't sweat it. ;)

Bev, can't wait to see you! Ellie, I bet you could still make the morning class. You're welcome to come up the night before & stay w/me. I don't have your digs, but it's nice enough. ;)

Um, me!!! I think most people are not the fitness-model type. Although trust me, I'm equally paranoid. I have no idea if I can wear something I own or if I need to go buy something. I need to work that out this weekend.

Another non-fitness-model material girl here! I'm so psyched, I don't even care. I might buy something new just because my wo clothes really shouldn't be seen outside the house:confused:.

melissa - i have about 20 lbs i want to lose, so i wouldn't worry. and the abs! no skimpy outfit on me. sometimes i look at the pictures of women on this site and it freaks me out how amazing they look, but then i think cathe is happy that she can help women of all shapes and fitness levels. what's scary to me is that i'm in the am class and it doesn't seem like too many have signed up for that class. uggh! i'll have nobody to hide behind when those elevator lunges start!

Fitness-model material?

Where is that laughing smilie when you need it? LOL

lkl - I am in the AM class......I know of several others too. I don't know how many people it's limited to though.

I'll be half asleep anyway as I am planning on taking the 6:40 train out of New Haven CT...and I have about a 30 minute drive to the station which means I have to get up....early. I am a morning exerciser anyway, I usually get up at 5:40 and I'm in the pool at 6:15 or so.

I got my Metro North ticket today in the mail! that saves a lot of time at the train station.

Barbara P

i think it's 50 people per class. i hope it's full. (heehee) i think we'll all have a good time.

Here's another non fitness model person! I would think they just want normal looking people that enjoy doing Cathe's workouts because that is the target audience they are looking to grab, but what do I know??? I'll be the one in the back! lol

I'm in the morning class too. I'm flying up the day before and staying nearby. As soon as the class is over I will zoom back to the hotel, shower and then head back to the airport. Am I nuts or what??????

C'mon Ellie, you know you want to do it!!!!

Bev

Of course you can walk. It's just nice to know the subway route in case you're running late or it's nasty out. Personally, I never have time to walk because I'm always running behind schedule. :confused:

Hi All! I am so excited to have you join me. Wahoo :D:D:D

We will be doing an STS inspired lower body workout with either paper plates or clothes, some band exercises, and I believe we are looking to get a set of 5 pound dumbbells there for everyone too. No ultra high impact will be done because I don't believe the hotel flooring is designed for impact activities. I will be doing resistance exercises mixed with low impact cardio drills to really get that heart rate up. The press will be joining us and they have been asked to participate in the workout too. It will be filmed to some degree (if not in its entirety) and it will be highly covered by the media.

Come with a water bottle (although I'm sure water will be available), well fitted fitness shoes, and your enthusiasm. After the workout, we will have some time to chat before the event moves to the next phase. If you think you will need to change your clothes, you can use the restroom, but there will not be showers available so bring baby wipes, powder, and a fresh change of clothes if you have a long drive ahead of you.

Btw, this will be a workout that you get what you put into it. It will be very easy to modify if you don't want to go all out and just as easy to ramp up if thats what you want.

Bev, you are amazing flying out here for this. Thank you and you MUST come say hello to me before you leave. That goes for all of you actually....PLEASE COME SAY HELLO....we have to do a group hug too :D

Can't wait to see you !!!!

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting everyone. I haven't posted before but I enjoy reading the posts and have learned a lot. I am glad that the workout in NYC can be modified.
Hope to meet some fellow workout enthusiasts!!
I will be at the 10am class- coming in from Long Island so its not that far to travel

Margo

I can't wait to meet everyone in the morning class. Are you all wearing long workout pants, shorts or capris??????

Bev

I am so excited for this. I signed up for the 4:30 class. I am coming from Staten Island so it's not too bad of a trip to Manhattan for me. I have to work in the morning but I am leaving early. I plan on wearing long workout pants but have not decided what type of shirt to wear yet. I am not fitness model material and I have about 15 pounds to lose and it seems like it is mostly in my stomach. LOL.

I don't have STS so I am a little nervous. I usually do the FitTV workouts so I was wondering if anyone knew what workouts that are on FitTV would be most like STS that I can do to prepare? I usually rotate between Imax 2, Kick, Punch and Crunch, Step Blast, Cardio and weights, Boot Camp and Rhythmic Step.

I don't post here a lot but I do lurk from time to time. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Loralie

Loralie, you're in my session! I don't have STS either, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm confident we can wing it ;)

loralie and melissa, i think you'll be fine in the class. remember the weights will be only 5 lbs.

unless they bring alot of equipment (stability balls, bands, step), i think the exercises will be pretty basic. perhpas we may be doing a variety of lunges (low end/high end, walking lunges, side lunges, side and front lunges using a paper plate), squats (regular, plie, one leg, narrow stance, or wide stance), and deadlifts. i think cathe did mention the paper plates, so you may want to try them at home...it may take some time to feel comfortable with this movement. another one you may want to try is the one leg touch down squat. you do a squat on one leg, touch the floor and then go back up. i don't know what cathe will be doing, but these are some of the exercises you may see from sts.

i think in the workout manager there are pictures of cathe doing the exercises (at least there used to be) and if you go into the calender feature to schedule a workout and select STS workouts and then enter disk #3,6,9,or 12, a list of the exercises will come up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.