Cathe I need your Help

Ketros

Hi Cathe
Really was hoping that I could send this Priviate but I can't so here it is:eek:

I think your a wonderful trainer and I am really enjoy the Sts 3 month Program.
I am into my third week and have followed the Sts/with cardio and also purchased the Nutrition plan for 1 month.. I have noticed my muscles are getting stronger but am still my scales does not move.

I had surgery about 5 months ago had too have a full hysterectomy due to endormetrios.:eek: I am 41 and the Doctor would not put me on any hormones for at least 6 months case it came back ..

My Question to you is .. Would this be a reason (lack of estrogen) that I am not losing any weight .. I am 5"6 and weight 137 lbs .. I have never been this heavy unless I was prego lol..120/125 lbs is the norm for me and would like to get back too that!

I have got some great advice from fellow Cathe fans:D but I have never had problems losing weight before.. it fell of ... this time it seems to want to cling on me for dear life!:(

I go too the Doctor in October and not sure if I should get estrogen or not there are so many Pros and Cons too it :confused:

Really could use your view on this!:D
Thanks
Tracie

Hi, I can sympathize with you. I had a complete hysterectomy at 40. I went from a fully functioning woman to one with no hormones overnight! That's a very rapid withdrawl from hormones. Most women have the luxury of a gradual decline.

I guess I didn't know how much hormones do for us. I tried various synthetic hormones (like Premarin). None of them made me feel "like me." I finally found a doctor who understood. She got me to a good compounding pharmacy that made me a perscription of bioidentical hormones. I have felt great ever since. So many doctors believe that hormones are only important to keep us from having hot flashes -- they do soooooo much more. Keep looking for a doctor who will understand. You do have to weigh pros and cons, but these bioidentical hormones have helped me so much.

A book by Dr. Christianne Northrup called "The Wisdom of Menopause" is full of good information. I recommend it.

Good luck!

exercise-lover

Thank you!
I had a really hard time at the beginning with hot flashes at night ..and cried all the time( depressed) ... but now I have zero hot flashes.. not sure if my body just adjusted really fast!

Do you find that you can still gain muscle and lose weight?

The Doc that I go too doesn't believe in the compound hormones .. and if he was too give me any type of estrogen then it will be the smallest amount.. endormetrios is estrogen based and can come back :(.. Had it for 10 years and didn't know it.. crazy!

Thank you for responding I was kinda :eek: about posting this.. sure helps to know others can relate.

I will look into that book thanks :D

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I know I took lots of time to adjust and only did it with the right hormone therapy. If you think about having normal levels and then surgically being kicked into full blown menopause, it's got to be tough, tough, tough. I had to search for a doctor who specialized in post-menopausal women, and I really read up on these issues. You are very young to be without any hormones at all. That's just my humble opinion and certainly was my experience. I agree with your doctor that you should always seek to be on the lowest doses for the least amount of time.

You asked about my ability to stay in shape. Once I got my hormones stabilized, I was able to get on a healthy diet and keep my muscle mass with lots of cardio and especially strength training. When you are "crying all the time" as you indicated, you might be depressed or it could be hormone related. Hormones do so much more than just prevent hot flashes. Exercise helps depression if it is that. Even if you just walk, do something. Sure hope you'll soon be OK. Best wishes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.