Cathe, do you ever eat ice cream?

Loopy Lou

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

This may seem like a very silly question but I would love to know the answer.
I have just returned from the cinema, and I have to admit that I managed to polish off rather alot of Ben and Jerrys' ice cream. :9

Do you ever endulge?

P.s Well done on the completion of the new series. They look excellent, as always! :)

Obviously not Cathe, but I think this is a fun question on a fitness forum (Come on, guys... we ALL have a favorite we have to avoid). I haven't had my favorite (Kroger's Private Selection Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk... be very afraid) in a long time. In fact, I usually go long stretches without touching the stuff. Still, if I'm going to blow it I do it with this - then I promptly get back down to the job of getting fit.

OK...OK I confess!

Key Food market has a sale on Haagen Dazs (sp?) ice cream and I was very temped to buy chocolate/chocolate chip, my fav. Raison Rum Haagen Dazs is very good too, but since I'm trying to eat clean I ended up buying chocolate fudge pops (sugar free). When I close my eyes and concentrate, the fudge pop taste just like the real thing ;) ;)

I don't recall Cathe mentioning ice cream, but she does have a fondness for something called "Devil Dogs" (maybe a regional variation on Ho-hos or Ding-dongs?)

Oh!! Ice cream is deadly for me too. I love any kind. It is hard to pick a favorite. I do like plain ole vanilla bean Breyers brand is so good and so is Edy's. Well you get the picture they're all good!!

I also remember reading something about Cathe liking Devil Dogs. They are soooooo good.

>I don't recall Cathe mentioning ice cream, but she does have
>a fondness for something called "Devil Dogs" (maybe a regional
>variation on Ho-hos or Ding-dongs?)

Devil dogs are made by Drakes and they are big in the East. Really good - cream filling between two devils food cakes. MMMM - If Cathe eats these, she's got good junk food taste.:)

Do not even try Ben & Jerry's anything. I do believe it has cocaine in it because it's so addictive and yummy! My "friend" recommended it a couple of years ago and I have to have a pint every Friday night as my treat. Creme Brule flavor is awesome by the way!}(

I am an icecream freak in the summer! I usually try for atleast half the fat flavors like Edy's or Friendly's mint chocolate chip!!!

I bet Cathe eats everything in moderation!

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

Do I eat ice cream?????

Bring it on!!!!! Yes, indeedy I sure do. As a matter of fact I LOVE ice cream. Eat it regularly (in moderation of course;-) ). I worked at Friendly's during high school and college and thats where my ice cream fettish began. I was the queen of sundae's. Last week I had a chocolate chip mint sundae with peanut butter, fudge, and marshmallow topping and bananas(ok, yuck, you say?...but I love it :9 )....now you got me lip smacking here :)

RE: Do I eat ice cream?????

Re: chocolate chip mint sundae with peanut butter, fudge, and marshmallow topping and bananas

Oh MY! Not sure about the choclate chip mint with that combo but I KNOW it would be great with chocolate ALMOND ice cream! Mmmmmmmmm!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Friendly's!! Now that brings back memories. When I was in nursing school we used to congregate at Friendly's on Sunday night. I always ordered the Jim Dandy:eek: }( :9 . I wonder if they still make those?

The Jim Dandy!!!:9 :9 :7
I ordered those alll through my first pregnancy......and always licked the bowl clean!! :eek:
They always brought it with extra spooons and only SOMETIMES did I share it with DH. Most of the times I finished it off myself !:p }(
Those were the days! :7 ;-)

Cathe - I'm so mourning the fact that their isn't a Friendly's near me. A Jim Dandy sounds really great right now -- lol!

Becky -- share a Jim Dandy? I don't think so!:p

What's a Jim Dandy? I recall ordering the Reese's Pieces Sundae when I lived in MD. Yummy!

Oh, and I love mint chocolate chip ice cream! :) That and coffee, chocolate, anything with caramel, chocolate, you get the gist. :9

>What's a Jim Dandy? I recall ordering the Reese's Pieces
>Sundae when I lived in MD. Yummy!
>
>Oh, and I love mint chocolate chip ice cream! :) That and
>coffee, chocolate, anything with caramel, chocolate, you get
>the gist. :9

From Friendly's website:

Jim Dandy™
Divine decadence by the spoonful in this sinful split with five scoops of ice cream, strawberry, marshmallow and chocolate topping, a split fresh banana, sprinkles, walnuts and whipped topping.

:9 }( :9 }( :9

A line I delivered from back in my day.....

A Jim Dandy is one of our most popular sundaes. It comes with 4 generous scoops of your favorite ice cream (however, these days I think they upgraded it to 5 scoops), chocolate sauce, fresh strawberry sauce, marshmallow sauce, sliced ripe bananas, topped with whip cream, sprinkles, optional nuts and crowned with a tasty cherry.

Would you care to try one this evening :7

oh my!

I am so hungry right now - and I am making some healthy chicken for DH and I tonight.

BUT...............Friendly's icecream is on sale this week so I bought slow churned mint chocolate chip - half the fat!

You BET I am going to have some of that for dessert!

Never had a Jim Dandy - but boy would I love it someday!

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!"

"Running feels great for my soul!"

:) CHEETAH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.