Cathe Count down clock?

Rockael

Cathlete
Cathe, Would it be at all possible to include a count down clock on workouts? This is good for motivation.
I know you are hard at work. Hope that all of you are able to get in enough rest. ;-)

Time in my workout is a negative factor. I get my motivation through the quality of the trainer. I have been through several famous workout Guru’s on VHS and DVD, those with time have always been a distraction.

I frequent the largest gym in Department of Defense Europe virtually every runner, jogger and climber (treadmills, elliptical and stair climbers) covers their data display with a towel. I love Cathe’s workouts, and her motivational techniques are great. I would prefer that they remain the same. We all realize that all people are different; the question of time in the workout does not work for me personally. Reading the time of the workout from the cover gives me enough information to pace myself.

just my 2 cents!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

I agree Belinda. Having a counter would be very distracting while working out. I would always have "10 more minutes", "8 more minutes", etc.. in my head and not focus on the workout.

Carolyn

It would be nice, then, as an option that one could turn on or off. Probably could be done with the 'subtitles' option?

It would be nice, then, as an option that one could turn on or off. Probably could be done with the 'subtitles' option?

I actually love the timer idea for individual chapters! I find it helpful because I'm likely to push myself harder seeing how few minutes an actual chapter is. I liken it to Boot Camp (the original) and "you can do anything for a minute." Sure sometimes I'm dying, but knowing I have less than 60 seconds to go keeps me going at max effort. I really appreciate the timer on workouts I haven't done before. Given that every workout in STS will be unique (based on premixes, added footage) I won't know what to expect until the workout is over and then I won't see that workout again until 3 months later.

I think I recall SNM being asked this before and they said they couldn't because of the premix options, the times would get all screwed up. Not sure if that will be the case with STS. I can easily understand people having different preferences so the switch on/off idea is a good one for those who don't want it.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I actually love the timer idea for individual chapters! I find it helpful because I'm likely to push myself harder seeing how few minutes an actual chapter is. I liken it to Boot Camp (the original) and "you can do anything for a minute." Sure sometimes I'm dying, but knowing I have less than 60 seconds to go keeps me going at max effort. I really appreciate the timer on workouts I haven't done before. Given that every workout in STS will be unique (based on premixes, added footage) I won't know what to expect until the workout is over and then I won't see that workout again until 3 months later.

I think I recall SNM being asked this before and they said they couldn't because of the premix options, the times would get all screwed up. Not sure if that will be the case with STS. I can easily understand people having different preferences so the switch on/off idea is a good one for those who don't want it.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

All you have to do is hit the "display" button on your remote and it counts down the rest of the workout. I do that often during ab work because I hate it so much and want to see how much time I have left before I'm done!!!

Personally, I can't stand a count-down clock. If I remember correctly, Turbo Jam has a count-down clock and it was so distracting. The workout felt like it went on forever.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

All you have to do is hit the "display" button on your remote and it counts down the rest of the workout. I do that often during ab work because I hate it so much and want to see how much time I have left before I'm done!!!

Personally, I can't stand a count-down clock. If I remember correctly, Turbo Jam has a count-down clock and it was so distracting. The workout felt like it went on forever.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

i love countdown timers... heck.. if they aren't on the workout... i'm counting down myself, anyways! it's just much easier to have it right there on the screen!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

i love countdown timers... heck.. if they aren't on the workout... i'm counting down myself, anyways! it's just much easier to have it right there on the screen!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I also use my display button on my DVD player. Mine tells me how long I have been working out in one. Then next to it, it tells me the time left in the workout. I love that. It motivates me so much to see how much time is left until the stretch!!!

I also use my display button on my DVD player. Mine tells me how long I have been working out in one. Then next to it, it tells me the time left in the workout. I love that. It motivates me so much to see how much time is left until the stretch!!!

Oh gosh, please don't get me wrong. Cathe is a great motivation for me.
I guess I am thinking more toward the Bootcamp, Imax type workouts.
My husband works out with me, he likes the timer, it helps him hang in there and push himself. He asked me to ask Cathe about it, so I thought I would see what she had to say.
Thank you for the input.
Rocky

Oh gosh, please don't get me wrong. Cathe is a great motivation for me.
I guess I am thinking more toward the Bootcamp, Imax type workouts.
My husband works out with me, he likes the timer, it helps him hang in there and push himself. He asked me to ask Cathe about it, so I thought I would see what she had to say.
Thank you for the input.
Rocky

Hey Belinda, I frequent a large gym on a military base, which NEVER has a "down time," it is constantly packed with people. I have observed over the years that some of the patrons who "shroud" their cardio machines with towels are doing it not because they don't want to see the countdown timer, but rather, they are hiding the fact that they are exceeding the posted, mandatory 30 minute maximum.
Not that this has anything to do with the original topic, but it is something that irks me }(

Sarah

Hey Belinda, I frequent a large gym on a military base, which NEVER has a "down time," it is constantly packed with people. I have observed over the years that some of the patrons who "shroud" their cardio machines with towels are doing it not because they don't want to see the countdown timer, but rather, they are hiding the fact that they are exceeding the posted, mandatory 30 minute maximum.
Not that this has anything to do with the original topic, but it is something that irks me }(

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.