Cathe article in today's Dallas Morning News

veronica1

Hi everybody!
As requested by some people on the road trip, I'm posting my story here so that whoever wants to read it will be able to. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see all the photos that ran with it. (But fortunately, you won't be able to see the picture of a sweaty me. :) )
Anyway, here's the link. I hope you all like it!! Crossing fingers!!
Cheers,
Darla
Link:
http://www.dallasnews.com/texasliving/healthyliving/

Thanks for posting this Darla. I wasn't able to go this year. But I have been reading all the posts. What a great time you all had :)

Wow! Memories flooding back.... all choked up. That was great. Thanks for letting me relive. Sounds like you had an amazing time, just like I did!:)

Thanks Darla! Great article! It was fun reliving the road trip!

BTW - I went to my local Border's bookstore (Austin) to get a copy and they were all out!!! The lady who worked there said another woman had just come in and bought all of them! Grr! I had to go to another bookstore. The first thing I thought was it must be because of the Cathe road trip article.;-) In fact, I wonder if it was Nadine!

Wonderful, funny, and clever piece, Darla. You had me laughing at that Grateful Dead metaphor. And yes, that "geode" description got me, too. Very apt indeed.:) It felt very good to relive the roadtrip and see it through your eyes. You mentioned the friendships. I hope I'll keep the ones I made for a long, long time. I love the way you end the piece, with Cathe's quote about the cheese doodles. Just goes to show you how realistic her view of fitness is.

I was smiling over the caption someone wrote about your photo with Cathe: "How did Darla manage to do all those workouts while clutching a notebook, anyway?":7

Mama Deb and Laura - you're both on the front page of the Healthy Living section of the DMN. Whoo-hoo!:) There were a few others, but sadly, I didn't get to know them on the roadtrip.

Pinky

OMG! I see myself in the picture right behind Cathe, next to Debbie. I'm in the pink shirt and black shorts. TeeHee!

Great story! Thanks so much for posting!

>BTW - I went to my local Border's bookstore (Austin) to get a
>copy and they were all out!!! The lady who worked there said
>another woman had just come in and bought all of them! Grr! I
>had to go to another bookstore. The first thing I thought was
>it must be because of the Cathe road trip article.;-) In
>fact, I wonder if it was Nadine!

OOPS! Sorry Laura, It WAS me.:p They only had 2 copies, though. Since You AND Nia (waaayyy off on the right side) made the front picture, I had to get her one too. So Then I went to Barnes & Nobels in RR and got 4 more (they are now out of them there too) :). So 3 of you who want an actual copy let me know and I'll Snail mail it too you. First come first served and all that.

Great Article Darla!! You don't look sweaty at all, I think its a good picture!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3517754&

CATHE ROADTRIP PICTURES:

http://www.realphotovideo.com/inv/7ED46414DD55505

What a fabulous, extremely funny article, Darla! I'm printing it out right now and am going to make my family and friends read it whether they want to or not. I agree with Pinky about the Grateful Dead metaphor. I also liked your comments about the buffness of the crowd -- hilarious! Thanks so much for posting this!

Thanks so much, Darla, for writing such a great article and transporting me back in time...and thanks so much, also, for linking it here so we can all read it...what a special trip it was. :)

Hi Darla,
Great article! I printed it and sent it to Amanda.
Although she enjoyed her weekend she is still not yet a true Cathe follower. (there is hope) I hope to attend the next Cathe Weekend if my body holds out.
Glad to hear you have tried the pyramid tapes. My favorite right now.
See you at the next Road trip.

Susan

Hi Darla,
I picked up the paper locally....you had me laughing, relating and wishing I was there!!! The camaraderie of roadtrippers was as uplifting as is the woman who continues to inspire such well earned devotion. :) I really loved your article!

Robin

Thanks Darla! I pulled up the article to read and we had to leave the house at that point. My DH read it when we returned and said, "You have to read this! She did an excellent job writing it and it's funny." He loved the "cheese doodles" comment! :7 Thanks so much for bringing back such great memories!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Darla, I loved the article, but it made me shed a tear or two that I had to miss it. I hope there is a roadtrip next year, even bigger and better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.