Cathe anything for hubby and kids to do?

B.GATES

Hi Cathe,
I was wondering, we have a little 4 seater airplane. If my husband flys me there with the kids, is there anything aound town to keep them busy? We live in Maine so he won't want to fly back then pick me up.

Bridget

Bridget:

I asked a similar question on the open board.

I think that the aquarium is close by...and many other attractions too. I am sure they can find something to see and do.

Hope you made it!!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Denise;)

Bridget-

I had asked this question a few months back, when I was coordinating a little road trip of my own! LOL. I was told by customer service that there are plenty of things to do in the area; mini golf, movie theater, play grounds, indoor paint ball, etc. PLUS there's the day care center IN Cathe's Gym!

Gayle

Glassboro is only about 45 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. The historic district known as Old City features Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' house, Ben Franklin's house/museum. The Franklin Institute is also in the city, a few blocks west of Old City.

Old City is across the river from Camden, where the aquarium is located. I believe you can take a ferry ride across, if you don't want to drive across the bridge from NJ to PA.

The Jersey Shore isn't too far away either (maybe an hour). DH and the kids could go to Ocean City for the day (more family friendly than Atlantic City). If they do, they will enjoy the board walk, which has a couple amusement parks and the BEST pizza money can buy at a place called Mack & Manko's. YUM!

Additionally, there is shopping in the vicinity of the gym / hotel. Within 20-30 minutes, there are a few malls and movie theaters.

Hi Bridget! What are the ages of yout kids? Immediately near the hotels (practically walking distance if it weren't for major roadways that you have to walk on), are restaurants, a major mall, about 5 strip malls, major movie theatres, Barnes and Noble etc. Within a 15 minute car ride,there are TONS of things to do Discovery Museum, bowling, more major malls, billiards. If you want to go into Philadelphia and take in those sights, it is a 5 minute ride over the bridge to get there. Near our gym there is a roller skating and ice hockey rink, major parks with running paths and playgrounds, tennis, basketball courts.

I hope that helps for ideas.
:7

Hi Cathe,

Thank you for responding. My boys are 2 & 4. An ice hockey rink would be perfect! My son just got done his first season of the learn to skate program for hockey. He absolutly loves it. I got # 110, so I'm on the waiting list. I was so looking forward to meeting you and learning from you. Ya never know maybe I still can!

Thanx

Bridget

Another good pick for kids is Clementon Park - it's a small-scale amusement park & water park not far from Glassboro...maybe 20 min.

-Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.