Cathe and Weight Watchers1

gettinfit@42

Cathlete
Has anybody had success, or in the process of doing well following WW and doing Cathe workouts? If so, which workouts worked for you?

Thanks!

I lost 35 lbs using ww and cathe. I used the Intensity Series and 4 Day Split in the beginning and then STS. I easily stayed at the low end of the points range until I started STS. During the last two mesocycles of STS, my points range went up to the maximum allowed, sometimes more. I didn't lose much weight during STS, but I lost inches. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

I am doing WW online and Cathe right now. I just finished Cathe's 12 week beginer rotation. I used 8 and 12 pound weights instead of 3 pounds. I lost 12 pounds the first 9 weeks. The last 3 weeks of the rotation I fell off the wagon on WW, but I didn't gain any of my 12 pounds back! I probably could have lost 15 easy if I would have stayed on track for the whole 12 week rotation. I'm doing another rotation now and I am trying to be good as far as points. I didn't add activity points, instead on the online points calculator I said I picked the most active choice available instead of the fact that I sit at a desk all day...and that seemed to do the trick and I didn't have to think about it while tracking. Good Luck. I'll be starting the Body Blast Rotation soon....can't wait!

I've been a WW member since June this year and I love the program. I've only recently upped my workout portion to be more consistent and hopefully I'll see the effects. I've been working out with Cathe since July (from the beginning with Basic Step) and now have about 10 Cathe DVD's which I rotate through. I just did Muscle Max last night and it is definitely my weight workout of choice!! Regardless of what you do for exercise, WW, I believe, is 90% nutrition. Tracking, water, healthy food choices make a huge difference. I've lost weight on weeks I didn't work out and gained weight on weeks I worked out consistently. I've lost 21.8lbs to date and have 10.2lbs to goal which I'm hoping to hit by my Bday (Dec 23rd). Just don't stop tracking. I did for a week of holidays and ended up gaining 5lbs!!! Which set me back an extra month getting that back off.
My best advise if you have a lot of weight to lose is to do more cardio then strength training. Gradually up your strength training the closer you get to you goal weight - that way you are not adding muscle mass to the scale if that is the number you are concerned with.

Thanks for your response.

I love, love, love 4DS. So you think with the heavier lifting in 4DS I can lose?

Thanks again!

Yes, I lost weight while using 4 DS, however, I was not lifting as heavy as I did in STS. I agree with Ruthie33, if you have alot to lose, stick with a higher proportion of cardio. I would focus on cardio/weight circuits and endurance weight training which is more cardio in nature and as you get closer to your goal, switch to an increase in the weight training with heavier weights. Eventhough I didn't lose weight during STS, my body slimmed down quite a bit and I was very happy with the results. You may want to consider getting the Drill Max which is on sale this week. Although I don't own this one, I've heard very positive comments and it is a circuit routine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.